Windows 10: How can I delete a favorites taskbar at the top of my browser

Discus and support How can I delete a favorites taskbar at the top of my browser in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a favorites taskbar at the top of my screen. I also have the regular favorites bar at the right of my screen when I want to access it. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Fred Peterson, Apr 25, 2020.

1. How can I delete a favorites taskbar at the top of my browser

I have a favorites taskbar at the top of my screen. I also have the regular favorites bar at the right of my screen when I want to access it. How do I delete the top favorites bar. I am not a computer whiz so answer as if a novice. Thanking you in advance.

I have windows 10

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Fred Peterson, Apr 25, 2020
  2. KomouPoji Win User

removal of favorites

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• Are you referring to Microsoft Edge Browser/internet Explorer favorite?
    The favorite that you are referring is Edge or Internet Explorer browser, I would suggest to clear cookies and history or right-click on the list which you want to remove by selecting delete.

Follow the steps on how to clear cookies.

To view your browsing history, select Hub >
    History. To delete it, select Clear all history, choose the types of data or files that you want to remove from your PC, then select
    Clear.

Note: applicable to Edge browser.

For internet Explorer follow the steps below.

• Open Internet Explorer, Click on the favorite menu.

• Choose “Organize favorite”, click on favorite you wish to delete.

• Click on delete which can found below.
    Get back to us with result and we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Apr 25, 2020
  3. John Sarc Win User
    syncing favorites on IE and Chrome browsers.

No worries. Let us give you the easiest way of deleting the favorites at once. Follow the instructions below.

• Press Windows key and type in File Explorer; then, click
      File Explorer. Its windows will pop up.
    • From there, under This PC, click on C:/ Drive >
      Users, then, open your username.
    • After opening your username, click on the Favorites
      folder.
    • Once your Favorites folder is opened, press Ctrl+A (this will highlight all the favorites),then, press
      Delete.

The steps given should allow you deleting the favorites at once.

Regarding your second query. We would like to clarify that adding a Favorite to a third-party browser will also show in IE. It doesn't work that way. What you can do is do the importing of Favorites from that browser to IE.

Let us know if the steps did it.

John Sarc, Apr 25, 2020
  4. Sharyn698 Win User

How can I delete a favorites taskbar at the top of my browser

Edge browser no longer displays the news feed

I am replying to the above advice. Been there, done that. In fact, I did that set of steps before I ever asked for help here. Does anyone have any other suggestions? It is very inconvenient to have no taskbar.

Thank you.

Sharyn698, Apr 25, 2020
Thema:

How can I delete a favorites taskbar at the top of my browser

1. How can I delete a favorites taskbar at the top of my browser - Similar Threads - delete favorites taskbar

2. Google is my favorite browser . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google is my favorite browser . . .: I was having, some problems. With my, Google browser. So I thought, I would just, uninstall it. And, reinstall it. But, when I go. To the control panel/uninstall. It says to. Close,the program, first. So, I went to start up. And turn Google Chrome, to off. I then...
  3. How can I alphabetize my Favorites List?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I alphabetize my Favorites List?: How do I alphabetize my Favorites List? It used to have a button to do it and now I can't find it! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-alphabetize-my-favorites-list/087389cc-f5e3-4cab-9b15-21a836e5eb66
  4. Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Having taskbar on top is glitchy with browsers sometimes: [IMG] submitted by /u/AlcoholicNerd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g1ef7x/having_taskbar_on_top_is_glitchy_with_browsers/
  5. How to delete Search the Web taskbar at top of scree

How to delete Search the Web taskbar at top of scree: My pc has decide to put a new Search the Web taskbar at the top of the screen . I have tred many solutions to remove it but it is still there. Help please...
  6. Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar on top bug with maximized browsers windows: [IMG] Hi guys, I really like using a transparent top taskbar and I've just noticed that browser windows (based on Chromium or Mozzilla), once maximized, add an additional border to the top causing this annoying situation where the app seems to continue under the taskbar....
  7. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

in Browsers and Email
    Make browser sit on top of Taskbar: WINVER: 18362.418 Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well. I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen (auto-hide), but ive noticed that the bottom of the browser is hidden behind the taskbar. Is there a way so when my task bar...
  8. Make browser sit on top of Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Make browser sit on top of Taskbar: WINVER: 18362.418 Hi, I'm using mainly OPERA Browser, but i do other browsers as well. I usually like my WIN10 task bar at the bottom of the screen (auto-hide), but ive noticed that the bottom of the browser is hidden behind the taskbar. Is there a way so when my task bar...
  9. Favorites deleted from edge browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Favorites deleted from edge browser: HI, I updated windows 10 to the latest release and my favorites were deleted from edge.Any solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favorites-deleted-from-edge-browser/5e10b64b-b8eb-4b55-b14d-383405f1e42c"
  10. how to get rid of favorites bar on top

how to get rid of favorites bar on top: I cannot get rid of the favorites bar on top. I have turned it off, restarted, and its still there. Moved from: Surface Pro 3 / Display and screen...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. delete favorites bar windows 10