Windows 10: How can I delete a user name from the login upon starting in Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I delete a user name from the login upon starting in Windows 10? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidentally created an extra user name and want to delete it from the login screen when I boot my Windows 10 laptop. The user name does not appear... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NormKarin, Sep 15, 2018.

1. NormKarin Win User

How can I delete a user name from the login upon starting in Windows 10?

I accidentally created an extra user name and want to delete it from the login screen when I boot my Windows 10 laptop. The user name does not appear in the Accounts section of Settings, and I am not given the option of deleting it when I go to Control Panel/System/Advanced System Settings/User Profiles. I see it but the Delete button is grayed out.

Thanks

:)

NormKarin, Sep 15, 2018

2. Windows 10 start up user account

Hi Jim,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with log-in user account, we will help you to resolve this issue.

Kindly provide us with the following information to assist you better:

• How many user accounts are there on your computer?
    • Is your computer connect to Domain?
    • Were you able to see your another user account on start-up screen?

If you are able to see another user account on start-up screen, I suggest you to login through that account and enable the built-in admin account.

After enabling the built-in admin account you can login through that account and delete the default account.

Step 1: Steps to enable built-in admin account

Try to login to your temporary user account, enable built in administrator.

• Press Windows + X key together on your desktop screen.
      • Click on Command Prompt (admin) to open Command Prompt.
      • Type the following command and hit Enter:

net user administrator /active: yes (Check for the spaces)

4. Now log off from the current user and try to login to the administrator account that is enabled.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Step 2: Steps to delete the account:

• Login with the built-in administrator account.

• Press “Windows key + X" from the keyboard and click on
      Search icon.

• Type Control Panel in the search box, click on “User accounts” and on
      "Manage another account"

• Click the on the default account you want to delete and Delete.

Hope it helps. Kindly get back with the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 15, 2018
  3. How to disable User name from Start menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per your description, I understand that you would like to remove user name from Start menu. 3

I would like to inform you that this feature is by design and would not be able to delete the User name from the Start menu.

I suggest you to post your valuable suggestions in Windows feedback app. So, that developers will try to implement it in future Windows 10 updates to enhance user experience.

However you may, customize the Start menu tiles. Follow the below steps:

• Type Settings on the search bar and select
      Settings.
    2. Click on
    Personalization and choose Start.

Here you will be able to customize the Start screen as you wish.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 15, 2018
  4. JamesRF Win User

Deleted user account name appears on login screen

When starting my PC the user account name from a deleted user account appears as the default login account.

This user account does not appear when looking at the manage user account screens as it was deleted by the account holder (the former owner of the PC).

How do I stop this deleted user account name appearing at login?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jim

JamesRF, Sep 15, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I delete a user name from the login upon starting in Windows 10? - Similar Threads - delete user name

2. delete password upon login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    delete password upon login: RE Windows 10 ComputerHow do I delete the password upon login to my computer? I had it this way before but later added security so how can I get the login to my computer as before? There is only people I know that use my computer.Thank you.Paul Jones...
  3. delete password upon login

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete password upon login: RE Windows 10 ComputerHow do I delete the password upon login to my computer? I had it this way before but later added security so how can I get the login to my computer as before? There is only people I know that use my computer.Thank you.Paul Jones...
  4. delete password upon login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?: I have some issues with the numerical login in my windows password. I ended up having two logins but with different password, how can I remove one of them? Thankyou....
  6. How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?: I have some issues with the numerical login in my windows password. I ended up having two logins but with different password, how can I remove one of them? Thankyou....
  7. How to delete extra name on my windows 10 login?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. delete user from login

in Windows 10 Customization
    delete user from login: My PC attempts to log in an old profile on startup. Somehow, it recognizes a password that I did not enter and displays a password login error wrong password. After several seconds, the login screen allows me to select a different profile. I choose my profile and login. The...
  9. How to delete a user name from my PC.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to delete a user name from my PC.: I would like to remove a family member’s Yahoo.com user name from my PC. But after following the how to "Remove Family & other users" instructions, the only selection that pops up is "Allow". I don't see a "Remove" option. What else should I do?...
  10. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970