Windows 10: How can i delete an account that is marked as "parent"?

Discus and support How can i delete an account that is marked as "parent"? in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; No I am not a child trying to get out of restrictions that my parents put. This is my PC that only I use and both of the accounts on my PC have the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Aaro.H, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Aaro.H Win User

How can i delete an account that is marked as "parent"?

No I am not a child trying to get out of restrictions that my parents put. This is my PC that only I use and both of the accounts on my PC have the same email. When i updated to windows 10 from 7, all my files moved to the account that is now marked as "child's account". I have somehow managed to make another account on the same email and put that as my parent account. Now i cant use Microsoft store or become administrator on my main ("child's") account and to fix this, I'd have to start using the account marked as parent and delete the other account and losing all of its files. Is there any other way to fix this?

:)

Aaro.H, Apr 30, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Apr 30, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Apr 30, 2019
  4. 10TaTioN Win User

Snow Leopard bug can delete entire account data

How can i delete an account that is marked as "parent"? [​IMG]

How can i delete an account that is marked as "parent"? 290px-Snow_Leopard_Desktop.png
    Source: iTWire

10TaTioN, Apr 30, 2019
Thema:

1. How can i delete an account that is marked as "parent"? - Similar Threads - delete account marked

2. How I can delete my account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can delete my account.: Hi, I was trying to delete my MS account but got this message when it asked me to leave organizations first."Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'account name' and cannot access the application '8c59ead7-d703-4a27-9e55-c96a0054c8d2' in that tenant. The account...
  3. How I can delete my account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How I can delete my account.: Hi, I was trying to delete my MS account but got this message when it asked me to leave organizations first."Selected user account does not exist in tenant 'account name' and cannot access the application '8c59ead7-d703-4a27-9e55-c96a0054c8d2' in that tenant. The account...
  4. How I can delete my account.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. How do I access the parent account if I do not know who the parent account is?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access the parent account if I do not know who the parent account is?: Everytime I try to download something it tells me I need permission. but I'm the only one in my family so I shouldn't need to give permission to myself. I have two email addresses with Microsoft, neither which seem to be the parent account. Yet the parent account is under my...
  6. How do I access the parent account if I do not know who the parent account is?

How do I access the parent account if I do not know who the parent account is?: Everytime I try to download something it tells me I need permission. but I'm the only one in my family so I shouldn't need to give permission to myself. I have two email addresses with Microsoft, neither which seem to be the parent account. Yet the parent account is under my...
  7. How can I delete an exchange account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete an exchange account?: Hello there. I added an exhance account to my Windows 11 computer, but I can't see my account and it constantly asks for active sync policy manager broker administrator permission. I gave permission once, but it warns again every reboot and 1 hour. Now I want to remove my...
  8. How can I delete an exchange account?

How can I delete an exchange account?: Hello there. I added an exhance account to my Windows 11 computer, but I can't see my account and it constantly asks for active sync policy manager broker administrator permission. I gave permission once, but it warns again every reboot and 1 hour. Now I want to remove my...
  9. How can I set screen times and parental controls for the ADMINISTRATOR account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How can I set screen times and parental controls for the ADMINISTRATOR account?: Hi, my son has a laptop and an xbox. I'd like to set screen time limits and access to the web etc. At the moment he uses my Microsoft account. I can't set him up as a new 'child' in the family group as he will then lose his access to xbox and all his settings on the laptop...
  10. How do I delete or move parent folder?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I delete or move parent folder?: So, today I was cleaning up my laptop and I tried moving the 3D Objects folder into the Downloads folder through properties. Instead of becoming a child folder like I had hoped, it is now synced with the Downloads folder. I have tried moving it back to be named 3D Objects...