Windows 10: How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

Discus and support How can i delete an old school account from my computer? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hey!I want to delete this top user-email. It is an old email from my old school which access has been terminated/blocked. Whenever I press 'remove' on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by J Wubs, Dec 5, 2023.

1. J Wubs Win User

How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

Hey!I want to delete this top user-email. It is an old email from my old school which access has been terminated/blocked. Whenever I press 'remove' on my personal account, it has no problem whatsoever deleting it. The problem is that there is no such button for the school account. 1. How can I get this button for the school account or terminate it in an other way?When I press manage with the school account, it sends me to a browser website where I need to log in with the school account, but whenever I try it, the access gets blocked and I cannot continue. Does anyone know how to get rid of thi

:)

J Wubs, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Fix "Work or School account problem" after deleting an e-mail account.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving the issue. I understand that you are receiving an error related to your email account. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• When you say “I deleted the e-mail account” do you mean deleting the Microsoft account or deleting the account from your computer?
    • Are you using a Microsoft account to login to the computer?

Meanwhile, I would suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts, and select
      Access work or school
      from the left pane.
    3. Now, click on the email account and select
      Disconnect
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions.

If this doesn’t work, you may want to try converting the account to a local account and see if that helps. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Accounts and select
      Your info
      from the left pane.
    3. Click on Sign in with a local account instead.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 5, 2023
  3. How to delete an old Microsoft account?

Hi Eduardo,

I presume by "keeps flashing" you mean on the bottom right in notifications? If yes please follow the steps below:

1. Press ⊞ Win+I (i) on your keyboard to open settings alternatively open settings through Start menu
    2. If not in windows settings home page, press Home on top left of window.
    3. Select Accounts
    4. You will be able to locate the email in two locations:
      • Email & accounts
      • Access work or School
    5. Select account and click Remove (if its a Microsoft account) or Disconnect/manage (if its a Workplace or school account)
    The above steps will remove the account you're receiving notifications for.

Let me know how it goes How can i delete an old school account from my computer? :)

Akshar Patel (A.P), Dec 5, 2023
  4. How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

Deleting an old workplace account

Hello - I'm trying to remove an old workplace account from my personal computer, but going round in circles.

In the list of accounts it's in the "Accounts used by other apps" section.

Any suggestions would be very welcome.

BrianParkinson1, Dec 5, 2023
Thema:

How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

1. How can i delete an old school account from my computer? - Similar Threads - delete old school

2. How Can I Remove My School Account From My Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Remove My School Account From My Microsoft?: My school account was my main Microsoft account. Then I added my new official email as my alias and made it my primary. Then I removed my school email from it. But when I try to verify my Microsoft it said to verify when I opened my settings in my computer, it says to enter...
  3. How Can I Remove My School Account From My Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Remove My School Account From My Microsoft?: My school account was my main Microsoft account. Then I added my new official email as my alias and made it my primary. Then I removed my school email from it. But when I try to verify my Microsoft it said to verify when I opened my settings in my computer, it says to enter...
  4. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  5. How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?

How can I remove a work or school email account from my computer?: I am not able to remove this account and every time I boot up my computer it sends me to the bios recovery mode. I want this account gone. It is my work account on my personal computer....
  6. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  7. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings: Hello, I transferred out of my old school JMU and I can't get into the old Microsoft account at all. I want to remove it from my computer because it keeps sending me the "problem with work or school account" notification and when I go to fix it by clicking manage, it prompts...
  8. How to remove old school account from Emails and Accounts in Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How can i delete an old school account from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i delete an old school account from my computer?: Hey!I want to delete this top user-email. It is an old email from my old school which access has been terminated/blocked. Whenever I press 'remove' on my personal account, it has no problem whatsoever deleting it. The problem is that there is no such button for the school...
  10. How do i remove my old school account from outlook everytime i

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do i remove my old school account from outlook everytime i: Every time I try to open outlook it asks me to login on my old account and I don't know the password, When I say cancel it just closes outlook. What do I do...