Windows 10: How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when...

Discus and support How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; When I turn on my computer it shows two users, both are my, but one was started by mistake and I can't delete it. It does not show up in the user... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BillJobes, Dec 29, 2018.

1. BillJobes Win User

How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when...

When I turn on my computer it shows two users, both are my, but one was started by mistake and I can't delete it. It does not show up in the user account.

Thanks

:)

BillJobes, Dec 29, 2018
  2. INSTG8R Win User

Request: Block User List

If you go to the users Profile in the User List drop down there is "Add to Ignore List". Not sure that covers PM's or the whole forum in general.

INSTG8R, Dec 29, 2018
  3. theonedub Win User
    Request: Block User List

You're the man *Cool How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when... :cool: Now to populate that list *Laugh :laugh:

/thread

theonedub, Dec 29, 2018
  4. How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when...

How to delete local user accounts on Windows 10?

Hi Marvin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about delete the multiple user accounts on your device. We will help you with this issue.

Try few of the below troubleshooting steps to delete local user account and check if it helps.

Note: When you want to delete a user account from your computer:

• You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to delete a user account.

• You will not be able to delete a user account that is currently signed in. You will need to sign out the user first.

• Be sure to always have at least one enabled administrator account on the PC to avoid not being able to perform actions that require administrator rights.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.
    OR

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account
      " /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when...

1. How can I delete an user when the user is not listed on the account page? but listed when... - Similar Threads - delete user user

2. Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it: I've been having a few issues with my account on Windows 11. I have one account that I set up to be Local. When I go to my C drive and look at Users there is a new account and it's called something different. But it's a name that is part of my email log in address. The...
  3. Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Users now has a new name listed - can I delete it: I've been having a few issues with my account on Windows 11. I have one account that I set up to be Local. When I go to my C drive and look at Users there is a new account and it's called something different. But it's a name that is part of my email log in address. The...
  4. Account not listed by net user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account not listed by net user: Good day,I am trying to login to a laptop using an account with administrator rights. Unfortunately, this account seems to be locked - when attempting to login I get a message stating 'The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to'.Following...
  5. Account not listed by net user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account not listed by net user: Good day,I am trying to login to a laptop using an account with administrator rights. Unfortunately, this account seems to be locked - when attempting to login I get a message stating 'The referenced account is currently locked out and may not be logged on to'.Following...
  6. Account not listed by net user

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"
  8. User not showing up on User list.

in Windows 10 Customization
    User not showing up on User list.: Hey, Recently my account got deleted from user list but every time i restart my PC i get the login screen to my account which was deleted from user list. Since i don't know the password, I tried using cmd.exe (admin) to change my password there with another account by doing...
  9. listing user ID's when signing onto a site

listing user ID's when signing onto a site: Google Chrome remembers the user ID's I have used and when I sign onto a web site, it brings up a list of ones I've used. Then I just have to click on the one I want. It does not remember the passwords because I don't want them saved. What setting do I need to have Edge save...
  10. Startup user is not in user list

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Startup user is not in user list: At startup Win 10 quickly goes to a user and says "The user name or password is incorrect. Try again". I click OK and then select the proper user from a list on the left of the screen, then click "Sign In" and everything is fine. That first user is not in my list of users....