Windows 10: How can I delete bad email addresses from the Mail autofill list?

Discus and support How can I delete bad email addresses from the Mail autofill list? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 and people have either changed their email addresses or I've mistyped several when composing emails. The bad... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jjturner007, Oct 15, 2020.

1. How can I delete bad email addresses from the Mail autofill list?

I have Mail Version 16005.13228.41011.0 and people have either changed their email addresses or I've mistyped several when composing emails.

The bad ones are saved with the good ones and I can't always tell which is which

Now, I sometimes choose the wrong ones causing those emails to fail.

How can I delete the bad ones once I find one?

jjturner007

:)

jjturner007, Oct 15, 2020
  2. Ted828 Win User

Windows Mail -delete bogus email addresses

Windows Mail...a bunch of bogus addresses with my name try to attach to my outgoing mail. Can't find any way to remove them. They do not show up in my Contacts list but when I prepare an email they try to autofil the addresses I enter.

Ted828, Oct 15, 2020
  3. How do I delete an email address from the autofill list on Nokia 520

I have an email address from a previous job that keeps being suggested as an Autofill when I am creating a new email. How do I delete this without deleting the other suggestions?

I deleted it on Outlook on my PC. Will this sync over and if so how do I perform the sync?

Cheers

AlexHeddle, Oct 15, 2020
  4. How can I delete bad email addresses from the Mail autofill list?

How can an incorrect email address be removed from "suggested" list?

When addressing an email, a list of suggested complete-address choices begins to appear as soon as start typing. I had sent an improperly addressed email and now this bad address shows up as a choice on the suggested list w/out any apparent means of deletion.
    Even going back and deleting the original mis-addressed email from the Sent folder did not make it go away. Also tried the "reset suggestions" option under settings>keyboard>advanced but to no avail.

In Outlook, which similarly makes suggestions, one can use the arrow keys to move down to highlight the bad address and kill it with the delete key.

It would be a bad miss if cannot remove improper addresses from suggestions list - these can accumulate fast.

Sola Stella, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

How can I delete bad email addresses from the Mail autofill list?

1. How can I delete bad email addresses from the Mail autofill list? - Similar Threads - delete bad email

2. How do I delete an autofill email address?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an autofill email address?: Hi guys,How do I delete an autofill email address?When I start to enter an email address in Microsoft mail a list of email addresses automictically comes up. In that list an email address that I typed wrong a while ago comes up, how do I delete that email address?Kind...
  3. How do I delete an autofill email address?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete an autofill email address?: Hi guys,How do I delete an autofill email address?When I start to enter an email address in Microsoft mail a list of email addresses automictically comes up. In that list an email address that I typed wrong a while ago comes up, how do I delete that email address?Kind...
  4. How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook?: How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook? I'm 85 yrs old and lost my husband recently and his name keeps popping up when I send emails from my email account. I do not want to move to Outlook or Gmail as I do not want to learn a...
  5. How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook?

How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook?: How do I delete an incorrect email address from autofill in Microsoft Mail not Outlook? I'm 85 yrs old and lost my husband recently and his name keeps popping up when I send emails from my email account. I do not want to move to Outlook or Gmail as I do not want to learn a...
  6. Mail - how to edit autofill email address

Mail - how to edit autofill email address: How do you edit/ delete address from the Autocomplete Email addresses? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-how-to-edit-autofill-email-address/ec7bdddb-ee55-4c57-8e64-85975dd8da02
  7. How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill

How To Delete an Email Address from Windows 10 Mail Autofill: I read some older forums. Has this issue been fixed yet? It looks like it has been an issue for a very long time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-delete-an-email-address-from-windows-10/380b0671-418f-4657-9982-5ac257801bb3
  8. Autofill email addresses in Windows 10 Mail

Autofill email addresses in Windows 10 Mail: I would like to delete permanently, some of my autofill email addresses that pop up whilst I'm typing the first few letters in the 'TO' field in the Windows 10 Mail App on my laptop. NB Some instructions have told me to click the 'X' beside the address you want to delete...
  9. autofill email address

in Windows 10 Customization
    autofill email address: How do I get Windows 10 to autofill my email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autofill-email-address/7654fc9b-3dcd-4a0a-a341-a54f73a314e0
  10. How delete an email address from Windows 10 mail autofill

How delete an email address from Windows 10 mail autofill: How do you delete an email address from the autofill file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-delete-an-email-address-from-windows-10-mail/52ab5a83-066a-4cde-a8ec-83a0831c28a4