Windows 10: how can I delete files to free up space?

Discus and support how can I delete files to free up space? in Cortana to solve the problem; Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Silvia Anspach, Jan 17, 2023.

1. how can I delete files to free up space?

Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space

:)

Silvia Anspach, Jan 17, 2023
  2. Alden Rey Win User

deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, Jan 17, 2023
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Unable to delete temporary files

Hi Sumit,

Looks like you are running out of storage space, let's walk you through the steps of running
    Disc cleanup for your Windows 10 device.

To delete temporary files, kindly follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • Under Files to delete, select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If you need to free up more space, you can also delete system files:

• Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Type in Disc cleanup and press Enter.
    • In Disk cleanup, select Clean up system files.
    • Select the file types to get rid of. To get a description of the file type, select it.
    • Select OK.

If the suggestions above didn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Jan 17, 2023
  4. how can I delete files to free up space?

Not enough space even though there is space

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We will surely assist you with the issue. Refer the below steps.

Step 1:

I suggest you to change the file system to NTFS while formatting and then try copying the files and check.

Step 2:

• Take the backup of the data, if you have any important data in it?
      • Let’s format the drive and check.
      • Go to this PC.
      • Right click on the external USB device.
      • Select Format.

Note: Formatting will delete all the data in the device, taking a backup of the data is recommended before performing a format.

Keep us posted for further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 17, 2023
Thema:

how can I delete files to free up space?

1. how can I delete files to free up space? - Similar Threads - delete files free

2. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I free up more space?: My windows 10 is telling me i’m using 222GB of storage. I have lots of large games but they are all definitely downloaded to my external storage device, not my actual pc. that device has 2,000GB left. My pc is not letting me open google chrome or do anything because it has...
  3. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I free up more space?: My windows 10 is telling me i’m using 222GB of storage. I have lots of large games but they are all definitely downloaded to my external storage device, not my actual pc. that device has 2,000GB left. My pc is not letting me open google chrome or do anything because it has...
  4. How can I free up more space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how can I delete files to free up space?

how can I delete files to free up space?: Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-files-to-free-up-space/c123eea0-87ec-4cd7-bb1e-fb7ca0035b4b
  6. how can I delete files to free up space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I delete files to free up space?: Please, I need to know how I can delete files to free up space https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-files-to-free-up-space/c123eea0-87ec-4cd7-bb1e-fb7ca0035b4b
  7. How can I free up storage space?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I free up storage space?: Hi, I am trying to free up some storage space, and when I view the properties of my users folder it says (after counting all the files for some seconds) that the size on disk is 202GB. When I go into the folder, adding up the size of each folder within the users folder gives...
  8. How to free up space

How to free up space: [ATTACH] How cand I free up space ???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-free-up-space/554033b0-4ef8-4c92-b2ee-001836820422
  9. When i delete files space doesnt free up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When i delete files space doesnt free up.: Ok when i delete files from my secondary harddisk it doesnt free up space but when i right click the drive and hit properties it shows there. How can i fix this visual glitch. The recycle is cleaned and i check disked. submitted by /u/EfePro9 [link] [comments]...
  10. How can I free up drive space

in Windows 10 Support
    How can I free up drive space: How can I free up drive space from the Windows installer folder without killing Windows? 80832