Windows 10: How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos?

Discus and support How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have too many "One Drives" of storage! Google Photos and Google Drive and Google One and Microsoft Drive, etc. How can I delete Microsoft Drive and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by WMD.RN, Apr 2, 2019.

1. WMD.RN Win User

How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos?

I have too many "One Drives" of storage! Google Photos and Google Drive and Google One and Microsoft Drive, etc. How can I delete Microsoft Drive and move its contents into my Google One? Please use simple steps for Windows 10. I am not real computer wise!

:)

WMD.RN, Apr 2, 2019

2. Deleting photos in Windows 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- Are you using Photo app or other app?

If you are referring to Photo app, follow the below steps and check.

[*]1. In the Photos app, go to the folder with the files you want to delete.
    [*]2. Do one of the following:

• If you’re looking at your list of photos and videos, swipe down on or right-click the files you want to delete. You can also tap or click
      Select all.
    • If you open a photo or video, swipe up from the bottom or right-click to see the app commands.

3. Tap or click
    Delete.

You can also delete photos using the Camera app, the OneDrive app, or File Explorer.

The above steps are the only way to delete the photos.

If you are referring to a different app or form different location, help us with more information.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Apr 2, 2019
  3. how to restore photos in picasa deleted by mistake

Hello Jim,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Did you delete the photos from the PC?

• Did you check if the photos are present in File Explorer?

If any files, folders, documents are deleted accidently from the PC,
    Recycle bin
    holds them if the size of the deleted items are containable. Check if the photos folder is present in
    Recycle bin.

Step 1: Check if the files and folders are present in your PC using
    Cortana by following the steps below:

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard and type the file or folder name in the search box.

• Select the search result which shows folder and drive location of the program.

• Follow the file or folder path of the program and check if it is the file you are looking for.

Step 2: If you are unable to view the pictures using Picasa application, I suggest you to follow the steps below:

• Open Windows File Explorer by pressing
      Windows key + E keys on the keyboard.

• Open the file or folder where pictures are located.

• Right click on a picture and hover your mouse over to
      Open with option.

• Select Picasa from the option and check if you are able the view the pictures in
      Picasa photo viewer.

If the issue persists, I suggest you to contact the application manufacturer for further assistance.

Write back to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Apr 2, 2019
  4. How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos?

Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

thank you for this soln gogreen, much appreciated! Here is a quick summary for others if interested -

Reference:
    Steps:
    1. Open regedit (Win+R, "regedit")
    2. Enter key in address bar
    3. Deprecate key
      • Opt A. - delete
      • Opt B. - rename something different (e.g. prefix with "_")
    4. Close and re-open to observe result
    Key:
    • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MyComputer\NameSpace\{F0D63F85-37EC-4097-B30D-61B4A8917118}
    thanks! How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos? :)

justinmreina, Apr 2, 2019
Thema:

How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos?

1. How can I delete Microsoft One Drive but retain my files and photos? - Similar Threads - delete Microsoft Drive

2. How to recover one drive deleted files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover one drive deleted files?: I had no ideea that MY DESKTOP was on One drive, since I think is a really dumb ideea to have that as default wthout a specific consent/confirmation and when I saw some of my files in the "One Drive" folder I deleted them, since I did not want them on "cloud", just on my...
  3. How to recover one drive deleted files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to recover one drive deleted files?: I had no ideea that MY DESKTOP was on One drive, since I think is a really dumb ideea to have that as default wthout a specific consent/confirmation and when I saw some of my files in the "One Drive" folder I deleted them, since I did not want them on "cloud", just on my...
  4. deleted photos from my gallary and one drive,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    deleted photos from my gallary and one drive,: I deleted pictures from onedrive by mistake and all these pictures got deleted from my gallary as well please help me to recover them . the problem that my bin is empty....
  5. deleted photos from my gallary and one drive,

deleted photos from my gallary and one drive,: I deleted pictures from onedrive by mistake and all these pictures got deleted from my gallary as well please help me to recover them . the problem that my bin is empty....
  6. Deleted files in one drive

Deleted files in one drive: Hi, my files or folders deleted in one drive appear in my colleague's recycle garbage can and not in mine and I don't know why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/deleted-files-in-one-drive/f712f003-fb18-4a5a-9243-ddecc1d19174
  7. How can I delete my files in one drive without login to it ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete my files in one drive without login to it ?: So I have just known that my laptop is synced with Onedrive, and unluckily it's not my account. The account it synced with is from the shop which I bought it from, and my files are all backed up in it. I don't know its password and ever since I bought it I have never signed...
  8. how do i delete duplicate photos in my microsoft 10 and one drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how do i delete duplicate photos in my microsoft 10 and one drive: hi, i am not very computer savy, please advise the best way to delete the duplicate pics i have put into my computer. thanks carol https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-delete-duplicate-photos-in-my-microsoft/7070615c-a762-41c4-8049-393eb5d34fab
  9. Deletion of Photos from One drive

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Deletion of Photos from One drive: Dear Sir/Madam, I have email id with you *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The same was configured on my Microsoft Lumia Mobile & all my photographs were uploaded on it but right now I am unable to see the photographs. Please help me to recover the same plzzzz...
  10. Microsoft photos and one drive

Microsoft photos and one drive: Help. I went to scan a document and my scanner said it had a problem with Onedrive and Microsoft Photos. It told me to uninstall Onedrive and try again I did this nothing changed. So this time I got a message saying it was a problem with Microsoft Photos to uninstall and try...