Windows 10: How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

Discus and support How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter is configured as Domain Controller. In "Active Directory Users and Computers" a domain is defined. In that domain a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by eager2learn, Sep 19, 2018.

1. How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

A Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter is configured as Domain Controller.
    In "Active Directory Users and Computers" a domain is defined.
    In that domain a "group" (zone) is defined and in that group an "users group".
    In that "users group" several users (accounts) are defined.
    One of those users had to be removed.
    So I select that user with the right mouse button.
    A menu appears with 14 choices with (among others) Delete, Rename, Properties.
    I press Delete and I expect that only that one user is deleted.
    To my horror, all users in that group were deleted.

Is that normal behavior or did I do something wrong?
    How can I delete only one user?

I have only a production Domain Controller, so I cannot experiment with it.

:)

eager2learn, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Sep 19, 2018
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Sep 19, 2018
  4. How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

Directory Size Utility

Thanks buddy! Yea, this section's not dead. Kreij and I have big plans for this section. I don't want to give nothing away, but we have some bigger projects down the road. *Toast :toast: I feel I'm pretty good at coding with different languages, but I'm well behind Kreij's level of experience with those other Languages. I've been working on those other languages, and soon I'll feel comfortable enough to start, and not feel like I'm holding the project back. *Toast :toast:

Now on to your suggestions.

• maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that? Yea, that's been bothering me and I like your suggestion "Add Folder". I'll change it on the next release.
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs) I could add this, but let me see if I understand what you're asking. By subfolders you mean add all the folders in the left panel to the right panel? Those folders are all the subfolders in the "Get folder".
    • maybe you also add export list to excel? I'll add this on the next release.
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too? I'll add this on the next release.
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories? I'll add this on the next release.
    These are all great suggestions! Thanks Drone! *Toast :toast:

Mindweaver, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

1. How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"? - Similar Threads - delete user Active

2. How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?: Hello all...I'm writing to see if someone can shed some light on a tricky account locked user issue I'm having.The user in question's AD account will get locked out randomly and repeatedly throughout the day. Her phone credentials are fine - no services etc running her...
  3. How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I find the source of an Active Directory Locked out user?: Hello all...I'm writing to see if someone can shed some light on a tricky account locked user issue I'm having.The user in question's AD account will get locked out randomly and repeatedly throughout the day. Her phone credentials are fine - no services etc running her...
  4. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I upgrade an Active Directory: Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016 without any error? or do we need to get support of an Active directory Migration expert....
  5. How can I upgrade an Active Directory

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I upgrade an Active Directory: Currently we are having an AD running under Windows Server 2008 R2 in our environment, kindly suggest how can we upgrade it to Windows Server 2016 without any error? or do we need to get support of an Active directory Migration expert....
  6. How can I change the user directory?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I change the user directory?: I've used my Microsoft account to install Windows 10 on two computers. Both have seemingly automatically used part of my name 5 characters for the user directory specifically C:\Users\nheye\. This is annoying and I'd like to change this.Is there a way to do this after Windows...
  7. How can I delete this directory? ("RRbackups")

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can I delete this directory? ("RRbackups"): Hello I have a directory called RRBackups on my external disk drive that I can't delete. When I try to delete it in Windows Explorer, it says: "You need Administrator permission to perform this task" I am logged in as an Administrator level of user. I also tried Windows...
  8. Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can I delete temporary User Profiles and folders from Users directory?: I am trying to determine whether I can delete TEMP User Profiles. One of my Win 10 Pro machines was updated to Version 1903 last night. After rebooting and trying to log in, I received the message "The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in." I was about the try...
  9. How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?

How can I delete only one user in "Active Directory"?: A Windows server 2012 R2 Datacenter is configured as Domain Controller. In "Active Directory Users and Computers" a domain is defined. In that domain a "group" (zone) is defined and in that group an "users group". In that "users group" several users (accounts) are defined....
  10. Two C:\Users\ Directories - Can I Delete One of Them?

Two C:\Users\ Directories - Can I Delete One of Them?: Somehow I've ended up with two profiles: C:\Users\ Johnson and C:\Users\regard Johnson The C:\Users\regard Johnson does not have a single file in any folder, and has only these folders: [img] and the Windows Startup Screen says Johnson, not regard Johnson....