Windows 10: how can i delete the bing search program

Discus and support how can i delete the bing search program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; how do I get rid of bing fom my windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pablorancier, Oct 22, 2019.

1. how can i delete the bing search program

how do I get rid of bing fom my windows 10?

:)

pablorancier, Oct 22, 2019

2. Remove Bing search = Yicks

The start menu suggestions are okay,
    It's when you use the enter key (which in win-7) selects the top suggestion
    In win-10 it spins you to a bing search page :/

Forum sections can be easily confused it's all good but please keep in mind help is always the main objective how can i delete the bing search program :)
    Otherwise I would've posted somewhere else less serious how can i delete the bing search program :)

Allot of people do not like Bing Desktop Search because of this very bazar default in results,
    Not that I would want to use another search engine "Google or....) either start search is in my opinion always a Local files/ programs search,
    Otherwise I would open a browser and search and then I wouldn't want to search for local files,

The only trick ie workaround seems to not use the enter key and click on the suggestions instead :/

ThrashZone, Oct 22, 2019
  3. How to remove Bing search

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

a) What is the exact issue that you face with Bing?

b) Is the issue related to Bing app?

c) Do you get issues with bing search in Windows Edge?

If you wish to set a different search for Windows Edge, here are the steps which might help you to set it as default search engine or home page.

• Open Windows edge.
    • Click on More actions (Three dots ...)
    • Click on settings.
    • Click on view advanced settings.
    • Turn on "Show the home button"
    • Enter the URL of the website which you want to set as your home page.
    • Close the Windows edge and open it again you will be able to get you desired webpage as your home page.

For Internet Explorer, refer to the following steps:

a) Type Internet options into the start search box

b) Press enter

c) Go down to search and select settings,

d) You can change it here.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Oct 22, 2019
  4. how can i delete the bing search program

delete bing from win 10

Hi Bill,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

Step 1:

Steps for removing Bing from search bar:

1. In Search type “Cortana & Search Settings” and hit
    enter

2. You will have to find “Search online and include web results” feature and toggle the switch to
    disable it.

Note: Set the switch to “Off” state.

3. Reboot the Windows 10 device and your Bing search bar should be disabled.

Step 2:

Steps for removing Bing from the Browser.

• Open Internet Explorer and click on the Gear icon.
    • Click on the ‘Manage add-ons’ option.
    • Click on ‘Search Providers’ which is on left pane.
    • Right click on ‘Bing’ where is listed under the ‘Name:’ column.
    • Click on ‘Remove’ from the drop-down menu.
    Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Oct 22, 2019
Thema:

how can i delete the bing search program

1. how can i delete the bing search program - Similar Threads - delete bing search

2. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results": Google is my selected search engine and Google Chrome is my operating system.When I enter a Google Search, as soon as it comes up it is redirected to Microsoft Bing.How can I stop the redirect?I am a PhD student and Bing's searches are preventing me from getting the...
  3. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results": Google is my selected search engine and Google Chrome is my operating system.When I enter a Google Search, as soon as it comes up it is redirected to Microsoft Bing.How can I stop the redirect?I am a PhD student and Bing's searches are preventing me from getting the...
  4. How can I prevent Bing from redirecting all my Google Searches to the Bing results"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 Edge Delete Bing search

Windows 10 Edge Delete Bing search: How to delete Bing? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-edge-delete-bing-search/55a34e4a-9f71-4c53-abaf-a83fb169db76
  6. how to delete Bing search history

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to delete Bing search history: Hi everyone Im sorry but I just find Microsofts system so unnecessarily long winded and confusing! I'm trying to delete my Bing search history, everytime I try it asks me to login to my account, which I do, but there is no option to delete Bing search history! I've deleted...
  7. How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?

How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?: Since the last version of Windows 10, 1809, Microsoft enabled the Bing search as default in the start menu. I want my start menu to search only locally, not online. How can I disable it?...
  8. BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH

in Cortana
    BING SEARCH IMPOSSIBLE TO DELETE - EXTREME TRASH: I'm suggesting to exclude this horrible ''extension'', ''software'', whatever it is. I've just wasted hours trying to change the search engine in internet explorer to google instead of the already built-in bing. When a final user have to expend hours trying to remove it, it...
  9. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d
  10. Delete Bing search engine and add Google

in Browsers and Email
    Delete Bing search engine and add Google: How do I delete Bing search enging from Microsoft Edge and change to Google. I've already added Google, but how can I delete Bing? 11732