Windows 10: How can I delete the default logon user (Microsoft Account) ghost ?

Discus and support How can I delete the default logon user (Microsoft Account) ghost ? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hello All Got a new little PC today and set it up. Windows 10 Prof 64 bit It insisted that I use a Microsoft Account early on and I couldn't seem... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Miserable, Jun 29, 2019.

1. Miserable Win User

How can I delete the default logon user (Microsoft Account) ghost ?

Hello All

Got a new little PC today and set it up. Windows 10 Prof 64 bit

It insisted that I use a Microsoft Account early on and I couldn't seem to avoid it - so I did - and it created a user which I didn't want.

I then created two local users, one Admin, which I did want.

I thought I was left with just my and I did delete a folder eg Fred, which was created without my knowing - and I thought had no user remaining.

(I believe I have spotted something since about a formal way to convert to local. I didn't use that formal route. It wasn't the name I wanted anyway. I just created my own)

Anyway, if I reboot, it thinks there are 3 user accounts and it defaults to Fred (the MS A/c) but complains it can't log on and asks for a pswd or pin - which I haven't got.

I can still log on as Admin and that's fine. I can Win+L to switch user and then I'm am only offered a choice of my two accounts. It forgets Fred.

If I reboot, it sees the 3 again ...

I know Fred exists in the registry under Winlogon as the default. Changing the name of the default in the registry to my name didn't lose it ... it just meant I still had 3, 2 of which had the same name when rebooting. So I have changed Winlogon back to Fred.

So, how can I make it forget about Fred ? I just want my std user to be the default and then use Admin when necessary.

Any advice greatly appreciated

:)

Miserable, Jun 29, 2019
  2. modder Win User

Deleting User Accounts

more info : when logon screen appear ,user name:administrator (depend os language ) without password --- now you are a super administrator

modder, Jun 29, 2019
  3. kenkickr Win User
    Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Jun 29, 2019
  4. jgunning Win User

Hiding user accounts

Hi all,

So question for you, I have a machine, non-domain, windows 7 home prem. I have a tech account and a user account, when you get to windows logon, it shows tech profile there.is there a way to hide the tech profile from the logon screen...?Or make it so they have to type their credentials in manually to logon..?

obviously secpol or gpedit would be perfect for requiring control alt delete on logon in windows pro but on home prem i cant figure out a way.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

*Toast :toast:

jgunning, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I delete the default logon user (Microsoft Account) ghost ? - Similar Threads - delete default logon

2. How can I delete a Microsoft account from a user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete a Microsoft account from a user: I need a way to delete a Microsoft account from a user back to an account with no Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-a-microsoft-account-from-a-user/b58ec84e-9c36-4b46-b755-284ae2bdb777
  3. How can I delete a Microsoft account from a user

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete a Microsoft account from a user: I need a way to delete a Microsoft account from a user back to an account with no Microsoft account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-a-microsoft-account-from-a-user/b58ec84e-9c36-4b46-b755-284ae2bdb777
  4. Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder: My Microsoft logon account does not have complete access to my home directory.Part of the account defaults to OneDrive as a home directory.My Documents directory is on the OneDrive. The only way to see my account files is to click to my Users/<userid>/Documents.How to I...
  5. Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Microsoft Logon account not defaulting to Users folder: My Microsoft logon account does not have complete access to my home directory.Part of the account defaults to OneDrive as a home directory.My Documents directory is on the OneDrive. The only way to see my account files is to click to my Users/<userid>/Documents.How to I...
  6. default logon account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    default logon account?: I seem to recall that after a default install of a Windows OS on bare metal could have been a few versions ago or even windows server, that it came up with a default account and password of either admin/admin, or administrator/administrator. Does the current Win10 come up...
  7. user accounts - can I delete a user account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    user accounts - can I delete a user account?: can I delete a user account in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/user-accounts-can-i-delete-a-user-account/915ac1a1-46cd-42f4-bdcd-e917405b8ae9"
  8. My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    My default user account has been deleted, How can I change my default user account to...: Hi. So a long time ago the default account I was using for this PC for some reason has turned completely black and there was only an error showing on the screen. My brother and I didn't find a solution anywhere for fixing it, So he decided to delete it. Then I started to...
  9. Ghostly logon

in Browsers and Email
    Ghostly logon: I have a perplexing issue with one site that I use. Occasionally when I go to the site I find that I am already logged on; this despite the fact that I had logged off before I last left the site. I've changed my password and deleted all cookies in an effort to circumvent...
  10. Delete Default User Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Delete Default User Accounts: The attached shows 3 Default-related users in my Users folder. Most of the folders are empty or lead to a long string of other folders, the last of which is empty. Some actual files exist, but would be meaningful only if the main Default folder is important. Can I delete any...