Windows 10: How can I delete the fingerprint data which has saved on a deleted account

Discus and support How can I delete the fingerprint data which has saved on a deleted account in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I had set my fingerprint up in an older account and then I deleted that account andinstalled a newer account. Now I can not set my fingerprint because... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by s.Javad.h, Feb 29, 2020.

1. s.Javad.h Win User

How can I delete the fingerprint data which has saved on a deleted account

I had set my fingerprint up in an older account and then I deleted that account andinstalled a newer account.

Now I can not set my fingerprint because it tells my fingerprint has set in another account.

I have no access to that account andI tried couple of ways which has exist on Microsoft site to solve my problem but none of them helped me.

Please show me a practical way to solve my problem.

thanks.

:)

s.Javad.h, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Yolvi Ell Win User

Remove old fingerprint/face from deleted account

Hi,

Windows is specifically configured to keep Windows Hello biometric data secure and hard to tamper with. The data is kept locally on the device and in the event that the associated account is deleted, we suggest using a different finger to setup Windows Hello
    again. Just to confirm, have you already tried using the fingerprint from a different finger?

In case you're still unable to set up Windows Hello using a different fingerprint, follow these steps to delete the data:

• Click Start.
    • Type Services and select it from the list of results.
    • Right-click the Windows Biometrics Service from the list and click
      Stop.
    • Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to this location: C:\Windows\System32\WinBioDatabase.
    • Delete all the .DAT files in the folder. If you can't see anything in the folder, click the
      View tab in File Explorer and check Hidden Items.
    • After deleting the .DAT files, try setting up Windows Hello again.

Let us know if you're able to setup Windows Hello after following these steps.

----

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Yolvi Ell, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Delete fingerprint data from a deleted user account Windows 10 Hello

I had set up Windows 10 Hello with a fingerprint scan on my user account. I then created a new administrator account and deleted the first account. Windows Hello says that I have already used the fingerprint for another account, even though I already deleted
    that account. How do I delete the fingerprint data from the first account, so that I can set up my new administrator account with the fingerprint that I want to use?

BNikki2017, Feb 29, 2020
  4. 10TaTioN Win User

Snow Leopard bug can delete entire account data

How can I delete the fingerprint data which has saved on a deleted account [​IMG]

How can I delete the fingerprint data which has saved on a deleted account 290px-Snow_Leopard_Desktop.png
    Source: iTWire

10TaTioN, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I delete the fingerprint data which has saved on a deleted account - Similar Threads - delete fingerprint data

2. How can I delete an office account linked to a prior email without deleting my data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete an office account linked to a prior email without deleting my data: When I bought a new PC in 2021, I accidently set up a different email with my Office account. I need to delete the old one without affecting documents and also need to GET RID OF THESE ANNOYING POP UP MESSAGES ABOUT PRIVACY OPTIONS, every time I open an Excel spreadsheet or...
  3. How can I delete an office account linked to a prior email without deleting my data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete an office account linked to a prior email without deleting my data: When I bought a new PC in 2021, I accidently set up a different email with my Office account. I need to delete the old one without affecting documents and also need to GET RID OF THESE ANNOYING POP UP MESSAGES ABOUT PRIVACY OPTIONS, every time I open an Excel spreadsheet or...
  4. How can I delete an office account linked to a prior email without deleting my data

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How can I delete the shorcuts which is strange

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete the shorcuts which is strange: there is nothing, if I check it in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-the-shorcuts-which-is-strange/8bb9ae17-2464-44f2-a7ab-20cf6c511188
  6. How can I delete the shorcuts which is strange

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete the shorcuts which is strange: there is nothing, if I check it in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-the-shorcuts-which-is-strange/8bb9ae17-2464-44f2-a7ab-20cf6c511188
  7. Unknown user account has appeared. How can I delete it?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unknown user account has appeared. How can I delete it?: My wife's computer shows only one account in the Users Account tab in the control panel: <"wife", Local Account, Administrator, Password Protected>. When I logged on as "wife" and tried to save some files it said I didn't have proper permissions. In the C:\Users folder there...
  8. Data deleted after deleting an account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Data deleted after deleting an account: Hello, I suppose i lost my data, but may be it possible to restore. On my Windows 10 i created an additional Microsoft account, old one account was left. After some use i delete it and was sure that old one account with all data on PC was separated. But it was too late when...
  9. Which User Account Folders can I Delete?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Which User Account Folders can I Delete?: I want to clean my laptop. I go into the "User" folder, and see all these user account folders. Because I am the only user on this laptop (admin), which folders can I delete? I am using the user "Chris" right now. Administrator Chris (I use this one) Default (hidden)...
  10. Which partitions can I delete?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Which partitions can I delete?: Hi Which of these partitions can I delete? See attach. 1 or more negate Macrum. OS on SSD. 2 additional HDs. Thank you. 47405