Windows 10: How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows?

Discus and support How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Version 1803. I recently reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive. The old hard drive that used to contain Windows still has the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeniseJM, Jan 24, 2019.

1. DeniseJM Win User

How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows?

I have Windows 10 Version 1803. I recently reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive. The old hard drive that used to contain Windows still has the Recovery Partition which I would like to delete but there's no option to do anything with it when I right click on it. How can I delete it?

:)

DeniseJM, Jan 24, 2019
  2. DeniseJM Win User

How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows?

I have Windows 10 Version 1803. I recently reinstalled Windows on a new hard drive. The old hard drive that used to contain Windows still has the Recovery Partition which I would like to delete but there's no option to do anything with it when I right
    click on it. How can I delete it?

DeniseJM, Oct 10, 2019
  3. DeniseJM Win User

The hard drive is listed with drive letter P with the Recovery Partition next to it. The hard drive wasn't connected to my motherboard when I re-installed Windows on the new hard drive. I just connected it this morning. The Recovery Partition is listed
    as "Disk 7 partition 1" in Disk Management. When I right click on the hard drive, no options appear except "Help". When I reinstalled Windows on the new hard drive, it didn't create a partition named Recovery Partition. It created a partition named System
    Reserved (DHow can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows? :).

How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows? 2d6e2bba-0565-4a81-b5f7-14e7f4d10b5c?upload=true.jpg

DeniseJM, Oct 10, 2019
  4. DeniseJM Win User

It's strange that the Recovery Partition is needed with a new install of Windows on a new hard drive when the old hard drive wasn't connected when Windows was installed. Why wouldn't a new Recovery Partition be installed on the new C drive during Windows
    installation instead of a System Reserved partition? The Windows program had no idea that there was a Recovery Partition on the old hard drive. What would happen if the old hard drive had failed and Windows couldn't depend upon it to use? If the Recovery
    Partition is needed in the future, will Windows know where to find it? I also don't understand why Windows would use an old Windows 7 configuration when I never had Windows 7. It's strange that the original install of Windows created a Recovery Partition
    and the second install on a new hard drive didn't but instead created a System Reserve.

If I leave the Recovery Partition on hard drive P, will it confuse Windows if a recovery is ever needed?

DeniseJM, Oct 10, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I delete the Recovery Partition for a hard drive that no longer contains Windows? - Similar Threads - delete Recovery Partition

2. How can I delete what was the recovery partition on a hard drive I no longer have Windows on?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I delete what was the recovery partition on a hard drive I no longer have Windows on?: Hello everyone!Disk 1 is a Hard Drive that used to have Windows on it. Originally it was split into a 250GB partition for Windows, and a 750GB data partition. Currently I have Windows on a separate physical SSD. For a while I had the SSD as my C:, the old Windows partition as...
  3. How can I delete what was the recovery partition on a hard drive I no longer have Windows on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete what was the recovery partition on a hard drive I no longer have Windows on?: Hello everyone!Disk 1 is a Hard Drive that used to have Windows on it. Originally it was split into a 250GB partition for Windows, and a 750GB data partition. Currently I have Windows on a separate physical SSD. For a while I had the SSD as my C:, the old Windows partition as...
  4. How can I delete what was the recovery partition on a hard drive I no longer have Windows on?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...: Trying to reuse a hard drive from my old computer that was its C: drive, that I formatted, as a second Steam library drive. However when I went to make a simple volume of the 1tb drive I found the little recovery partition separating a little chunk from the rest of the drive....
  6. Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...: Trying to reuse a hard drive from my old computer that was its C: drive, that I formatted, as a second Steam library drive. However when I went to make a simple volume of the 1tb drive I found the little recovery partition separating a little chunk from the rest of the drive....
  7. Delete Recovery Partition on secondary hard drives "the operation is not supported by the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I Delete These 2 Recovery Partitions?: I upgraded to 1903 about 2 weeks ago (6/17) and I've notice that I now have two recovery partitions. [img] Neither of them is enabled. [img] There is a Recovery folder on "C" but its empty. [img] One of the recovery partitions was created on the day of the upgrade and...
  9. Deleted recovery and boot partitions; can no longer boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleted recovery and boot partitions; can no longer boot: I used MicroTool partition manager to delete the extra partitions on an OS drive with win10 (leaving just the main C partition on the drive), and now the laptop will not recognize the SSD with the OS on it, and obviously cannot boot. I also tried using the bootable partition...
  10. Can I delete the recovery partition?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I delete the recovery partition?: After the update to version 1511 build 10586 Windows has created a 450 Mb recovery partition on my SSD drive. I have already deleted the created Windows_OLD folder as well as the hidden folder with update files. Can I seamlessly and without risk also delete the recovery...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to flush out hidden part of hard drive after windows installation