Windows 10: How can I delete this corrupted file?

Discus and support How can I delete this corrupted file? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Everyone! So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DJBenLord, Sep 27, 2017.

1. DJBenLord Win User

How can I delete this corrupted file?

Hello Everyone!

So today I was trying to rotate a picture in the Windows 10 "Pictures" app, and as weird as it sounds, it didn't rotate the picture. I closed the window, and that's when I discovered that the file became undeletable, and uneditable. It wasn't a virus (the picture was taken by me), so I looked to find a solution, with no success yet. I tried renaming, which would just crash Explorer, tried rotating, still nothing, and I tried to delete, with the result of nothing happening. Can you help me with this, please?

:)

DJBenLord, Sep 27, 2017

2. How can I delete the second showing of this device??

Hi James,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft community.

We understand your concern and will certainly assist you to solve it.

We apologize the inconvenience caused to you.

Please be advised that the issue you are facing is due to some windows 10 components either getting corrupt or missing.

Please refer to the below method to troubleshoot.

Method 1: System Maintenance Troubleshoot.

Please try to run the system maintenance troubleshooter and check if the issue persists:

1. Go to control panel.

2. Select system and maintenance.

3. There select troubleshooting.

4. In troubleshooting, go to system and security and select run maintenance task.

5. Select system maintenance and follow the on screen instructions.

If the issue persists, please follow the below method.

Method 2: Safe mode and clean boot.

Step 1: Safe mode.

Safe mode is useful for troubleshooting problems with programs and drivers that might not start correctly or that might prevent Windows from starting correctly. Safe mode starts Windows with a limited set of files and drivers. To start your system in safe
    mode follow the below steps:

1. On your lock screen, click on the power button and press shift + restart.

2. After that, you will be redirect to an option screen.

3. Select troubleshoot>advanced option > start up repair.

4. Follow the on screen instructions.

Once you enter the safe mode, perform a clean boot.

Step 2: Clean boot.

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please let us know if the issue gets resolved or you need any further assistance.

Amarjeet_Paul, Sep 27, 2017
  3. How can I delete the second showing of this device??

<Original title: USB #3 Soild State drive>

I Have a Samsung 500Gig Solid state dr. My Problem is it shows it shows up TWICE in the file manger

Both copies access the same information But it's still a pain to see them both. How can I delete the second showing of this device??

jameslatteri, Sep 27, 2017
  4. bro67 Win User

Do you have another copy? Have you tried booting into safe mode or use a Linux LIve DVD to see if you can remove it and fix any disk corruption?

bro67, Sep 27, 2017
  5. Unlocker will delete it.

Comp Cmndo, Sep 27, 2017
  6. Worth a check to see if your "Pictures" app doesn't have it still open.

Wiley Coyote, Sep 27, 2017
  7. How can I delete this corrupted file?

Wiley Coyote, Sep 27, 2017
  8. DJBenLord Win User
    Thanks for everyone's help, but somehow I managed to delete it by just starting the PC, and instantly trying to delete it, and it worked (idk how). I tried restarting and deleting before, but it didn't work. My PC is acting so weird :/

DJBenLord, Sep 27, 2017
  9. bro67 Win User
    Itunes and iCloud tend to be a bit wonky when you have photos being uploaded to iCloud and downloading to your cmoputer.

bro67, Sep 27, 2017
  10. DJBenLord Win User
    I don't use iCloud (since I'm an Android user), but I do use iTunes though for accessing the Store. Maybe that was the issue? We'll never know.

DJBenLord, Sep 28, 2017
  11. bro67 Win User
    It should not. There is a iTunes music service and you can use Google Music to upload your purchased songs and albums for you to use on the device.

I tried out the Pixel for about a week and I will say that Android OS does not work through Bluetooth.

bro67, Sep 28, 2017
  12. DJBenLord Win User

I'm not saying that my main music player is iTunes, I'm just saying that I have it on my computer to look up some music on the iTunes Store. I use Spotify and local files for listening.

DJBenLord, Sep 28, 2017
  13. bro67 Win User
    I did not state that you were not. I just let you know that there is an option out there that you or someone else can use if they use iTunes to purchase music not available elsewhere or use it to upload music to play on a iPhone and then want to move to an android device.

You have to remember that these threads are picked up by Google as top ten hits for their webcrawler is why you find them so easy. As for Spotify, I do not use it, because I do not stream music at home, unlike my son does on his iPhone when home and driving.

If you come up with another problem that you may have with iCloud, I would post as an update on this. Someone else may have the same issue, because of how bad iCloud is getting for the database that is on the backend is messing up the uuid. I am dealing with not being able to get rid of hidden folders for stuff that is no longer installed on my iPhone or Macbook. Yes I have tried root and turn off backup, but still pop's up. If you find a solution, I am open.

bro67, Sep 30, 2017
  14. DJBenLord Win User
    As I said before, I don't use any kind of Apple device, so I don't need help and I can't help you with iCloud.

DJBenLord, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I delete this corrupted file? - Similar Threads - delete corrupted file

2. How can I delete the WindowsApps file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete the WindowsApps file?: I bought a new computer with one SSD. About my old computer, it had 1 SSD originallythe system drive, but I add another one as the apps drive. Now, I move the old apps drive SSD from my old computer to the new computer. I found in the old apps drive SSD it has a file called...
  3. How can I delete the klupd_klif_arkmon.sys file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I delete the klupd_klif_arkmon.sys file?: That file caused an unexpected crash on my pc and after verifying the dmp file, I got to know that this file was causing this issue but when I tried it delete it I couldn't. Is there any way to delete it?...
  4. how can I recover deleted files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I recover deleted files: I have accidentally deleted my video's content. It isn't in the recycle bin. Is there a way I can recover all content. I only did this about 20 mins ago https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-recover-deleted-files/162b42e2-b786-40b1-84a6-988013f5d8c6
  5. how can I restore a deleted file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how can I restore a deleted file: I accidentally deleted a file and want to know how to restore said file. Left laptop open on bed and my kitten played with the buttons! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-restore-a-deleted-file/5644a4bf-dac2-4ad3-aaf4-deef3e0eb9b2
  6. Deleting corrupted files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Deleting corrupted files: I have a USB drive stick which has somehow got some corrupted folders - see below screens shot. I have no idea how these folders arose, and am trying to delete them. when I try to delete them in MS dos it fails, saying the syntax is wrong - even though it delete the...
  7. I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can not delete a file and it is corruptting windows defender and windows update: Hi, I am jimmy, a long time ago I installed BitDefender cause I wanted to check which is better of the twowin defender and bit defender the installation of bitD was a little weird but after the install, I scanned the PC and found a ton of viruses so after deleting all the...
  8. How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can i delete a corrupted or unreadable file?: Hey so i was gonna play a game on steam but one of the files somehow got corrupted, i tried deleting it with cmd but it just said that it was corrupted, i read everywhere but nothing works. It's the only file that's corrupted, everything else is fine. Can someone please...
  9. How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    How to Delete Corrupt/Broken File/Folder: Here is a problem you might encounter: "Currently, I'm having problem deleting an old Folder. Previously, I used its parent as a shared folder, but one day when I tried to clear that folder there is one folder that has duplicate. The problem is one of them (the old one) can't...
  10. How can i delete hidden files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i delete hidden files?: Good afternoon, I've just resetted my pc but in my hard disk it says that i've 343 Gb free of 449 Gb but i've not still installed anything..What can i do? Thank you. 89052