Windows 10: How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program?

Discus and support How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; For example - if a key contains a value containing for example one value clearly related to this program, but I can't determine what others' values... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NadjaKrzyżańska, Feb 3, 2021.

1. How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program?

For example - if a key contains a value containing for example one value clearly related to this program, but I can't determine what others' values mean, like in the attatchment, how can I be sure it belongs to the program? How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program? fce7c024-3466-4248-b88a-ce4563cdd4c7?upload=true.png

:)

NadjaKrzyżańska, Feb 3, 2021
  2. DCnewbie Win User

Are my Registry Files all legitimate programs?

Isn't there a web tool whereby I can check if programs listed in my REGISTRY FILES are legitimate programs?

DCnewbie, Feb 3, 2021
  3. asyntax Win User
    ATITool registry key

Hello,

During ATITool installation, the following registry key was added to my registry:

"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class\{85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}"

After uninstalling the program, this key remained. I tried to delete it through the registry editor but it returned the following error:

"Cannot delete {85b5ddd0-e090-4b15-bdf2-a443a3ca0b66}: Error while deleting key."

I'm running Vista Home Premium 32-bit by the way. I also tried to change permissions for the key and deleting in safe mode, but neither of those worked either.

Any ideas on how i can remove this key? Any help is appreciated, thanks.

asyntax, Feb 3, 2021
  4. WesleyF24 Win User

How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program?

Windows Program Registry Key Missing (or unidentifiable)

Hello,

I'm trying to remove World of Warcraft from my programs and features list, for I'm worried it's taking up significant data, and if it weren't I still dislike it being there and misinforming me of its presence.

I tried looking at the registry keys but there isn't a listing that matches what I see in the programs and features list.

I'm at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program? :)

WesleyF24, Feb 3, 2021
Thema:

How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program?

1. How can I determine if a registry key belongs to a specific program? - Similar Threads - determine registry key

2. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A program deleted some programs Registry keys: Hi yesterday i installed a program called Iobit Uninstaller pro and uninstalled some programs through it. but after that i think it deleted the registries of some programs like Microsoft Word. because when i double click on word it does not open. but when i right click and...
  3. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A program deleted some programs Registry keys: Hi yesterday i installed a program called Iobit Uninstaller pro and uninstalled some programs through it. but after that i think it deleted the registries of some programs like Microsoft Word. because when i double click on word it does not open. but when i right click and...
  4. A program deleted some programs Registry keys

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent writing to a specific registry key?: So changing registry strings is a pretty common tool around here and something ive done pretty comfortably for a long time. Messing with registry permissions goes above my head and is quite a bit more risky. AFAIK with my limited knowledge ACL's and the like is quite a bit...
  6. How can i hide a specific program in the system tray

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can i hide a specific program in the system tray: Hi , so i want to hide a specific program in the system tray [ATTACH] can anyone help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-hide-a-specific-program-in-the-system/f7f09999-9397-44e8-b1d0-792a49d3721b
  7. protect specific registry key from change

protect specific registry key from change: hello everyone. many somebody know if ti possible and how - to prevent specific registry key from change, rename delete and etc? many thanks in advance. 174450
  8. How to determine if an installed program is Legit

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to determine if an installed program is Legit: How to check if the software application installed on my PC and/or the application that I want to install is legit? How to verify that it does not pose a security threat?...
  9. How can I add "Autorun" registry key to...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I add "Autorun" registry key to...: I was trying to fix a problem and deleted a registry key "Autorun" in "Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Command Processor". Now when ever I start my PC, after entering password, it gets stuck at the command prompt. When i type explorer then only i get to access...
  10. How can I change the resolution for a specific program?

How can I change the resolution for a specific program?: My default resolution is 1920x1260 but I have one program that runs best at 1260x1028. How can I set it up so the resolution changes when I run that program then changes back when it ends? 71143