Windows 10: How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer?

Discus and support How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; On March 7,2020, someone broke into my computer from over the Internet and stole all of crypto currencies from a particular local wallet. I looked at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JerryPope0, May 1, 2020.

1. How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer?

On March 7,2020, someone broke into my computer from over the Internet and stole all of crypto currencies from a particular local wallet.

I looked at the logins that were listed on the MS account web site and found the IP address there. Without naming names, I found which organization owned that static IP address.

But, I'd really like to know whether I can find that exact login recorded in some log file on my computer. IF that login info is stored locally on my computer, where can I find it?

FYI

I've contacted the business actually it's a university in Canada and the IT department is looking into this issue. They want proof that my computer was in fact hacked by someone using one of their computers. They want to see the pertinent logs that contain the login info.

Jerry Pope

:)

JerryPope0, May 1, 2020

2. Identifying the IP address of a hacker

Is there a way to display IP address that have interacted with your computer? My Facebook page was hacked on Monday night and I'd like a log of IP addresses to see if I can locate the hacker - Thx

GlennCollier, May 1, 2020
  3. Martmcd Win User
    Removing foreign IP addresses from my computer

Hi JasonBottoms

it is normal to have a number of foreign address in the list (it is also common for scammers to use this information in attempt to scare you)

the local ip address shows your devices ip address and the port number, the foreign ip address is the ip address of the device you are connected to.

if you have a browser open with a number of tabs you will see a lot of "foreign" ip addresses

however if this is growing fast it may be worth trying some of the suggestion here to determine if there is something making connections

http://techgenix.com/determining-you-actively-b...

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised
    on the site before you decide to download and install it.

Martmcd, May 1, 2020
  4. How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer?

IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, May 1, 2020
Thema:

How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer?

1. How can I determine the IP address of the hacker who broke into my computer? - Similar Threads - determine address hacker

2. I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address?: I want to know IP address of my PC so how to find IP address ?thanks in advance https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-know-ip-address-of-my-pc-so-how-to-find/8305236f-7abe-4ced-99eb-98d2988b1ff8
  3. Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?: Hello! I want to run my own Minecraft: Bedrock Edition server and if I want to play with my friends on it, I need to do something known as "port forwarding". Port forwarding is where you can direct people who use your external IP address to your internal IP address, without...
  4. Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can hackers access your account with external or internal IP addresses?: Hello! I want to run my own Minecraft: Bedrock Edition server and if I want to play with my friends on it, I need to do something known as "port forwarding". Port forwarding is where you can direct people who use your external IP address to your internal IP address, without...
  5. How to change my IP address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change my IP address: I want to change my IP randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IP address...
  6. How to change my IP address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change my IP address: I want to change my IP randomly forever because i scare someone can trace me but i don't see any tool to change ip random not handmade. And 1 question : If i upgrade windows 10 to 11, can it change my IP address...
  7. How to change my IP address

8. How can I find a printer's IP address?

How can I find a printer's IP address?: How can I find a printer's IP address in Windows 10? I sometimes need to access a Windows 10 PC with TeamViewer remote software. I sometimes can't find the printer's IP address, it doesn't appear under Control Panel > right click on Printer > Properties > Web Services tab...
  9. Identifying the IP address of a hacker

in Windows 10 Customization
    Identifying the IP address of a hacker: Is there a way to display IP address that have interacted with your computer? My Facebook page was hacked on Monday night and I'd like a log of IP addresses to see if I can locate the hacker - Thx...
  10. Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft?

Can i get the IP address of the person who stole my laptop from Microsoft?: Few days back my laptop got stolen. And for sure the thief must have erased all the data and could have installed some pirated version of windows 10 on it. So can the microsoft people find the change in the version of their OS installed in that laptop. Like, Can they see the...