Windows 10: How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?

Discus and support How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am on the Fast update ring, but I have no idea which build I actually have. The Settings and Recovery app says I am up to date, but gives no info on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by jschall, Apr 24, 2015.

1. jschall Win User

How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?

I am on the Fast update ring, but I have no idea which build I actually have. The Settings and Recovery app says I am up to date, but gives no info on the build. The Control Panel only says I'm running Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit.

When I boot up my Dell XPS, I see no option to boot to the Technical Preview or roll back to 8.1

So, is there any way to actually see which build I have?

:)

jschall, Apr 24, 2015

2. I have Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 10041, How do I upgrade to the full release version of Windows 10?

What OS was on the computer prior to the installation of the Insider builds?

Shenan Stanley, Apr 24, 2015
  3. PooHero Win User
    I have Windows 10 Tech Preview Build 10041, How do I upgrade to the full release version of Windows 10?

I never got a message saying that my Windows 10 upgrade was available or anything like that. I am still using a buggy version of the Tech Preview and it keeps my from playing several different games on my PC (Skyrim, GTA IV, Civ V, etc.).

Any body know what I should do? Searching through the forums and support channels there isn't anything talking about upgrading from the tech preview to the full version.

PooHero, Apr 24, 2015
  4. BunnyJ New Member

From the run execute winver.

How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have? [​IMG]

BunnyJ, Apr 24, 2015
  5. cbwilsha Win User
    Look at the lower right hand corner of your desktop!

cbwilsha, Apr 24, 2015
  6. jschall Win User
    SOLVED! Thanks to @cbwilsha and @BunnyJ for the prompt and useful replies!

jschall, Apr 24, 2015
  7. BunnyJ New Member
    You're welcome.

BunnyJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have? - Similar Threads - determine Tech Preview

2. how can I talk to a tech support person

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I talk to a tech support person: how do I phone a tech support person I'm not getting any help because I don't understand what my computer wants me to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-talk-to-a-tech-support-person/3c55dcec-d1b1-4112-9dfe-614c38336ab0
  3. how can I talk to a tech support person

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I talk to a tech support person: how do I phone a tech support person I'm not getting any help because I don't understand what my computer wants me to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-talk-to-a-tech-support-person/3c55dcec-d1b1-4112-9dfe-614c38336ab0
  4. in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is?

in Windows 10 Customization
    in settings my WIFI protocol show 'unknown'. How can I determine what it is?: Haw can I determine WIFI protocol on my Laptop. Dell Ispiron 15. Settings show unknown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/in-settings-my-wifi-protocol-show-unknown-how-can/32faf1b5-b835-45b5-9f91-4227a4b8d205
  5. How Can I Determine Why Upgrades Faail

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How Can I Determine Why Upgrades Faail: Hi. I'm currently running Win10 v1909 (OS Build 18363.959). For many months now, when I check for updates, there's a message stating one is available. So I go through the long download/install and get to "restart required." I do the restart and notice it seems to try a few...
  6. How can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?: Hi all - Here's a interesting question... If I force a WU for build 2004 and it doesn't come, how can I easily determine what is holding it back? Is there a silent rejection log or a list of what WU is exactly checking for regarding new builds? I've been using this in the...
  7. Hoe can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hoe can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?: Hi all - Here's a interesting question... If I force a WU for build 2004 and it doesn't come, how can I easily determine what is holding it back? Is there a silent rejection log or a list of what WU is exactly checking for regarding new builds? I've been using this in the...
  8. VMware WS 2H1 Tech Preview i

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VMware WS 2H1 Tech Preview i: VMware Workstation 20H1is here It supposedly allows one to run VMware Workstation VMs concurrently with Hyper-V features enabled. I am downloading it ow. We will see. - https://communities.vmware.com/commu...n-pro/overview 150776
  9. Can not determine what version of excel I have

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Can not determine what version of excel I have: ver 2003 12624.20382 I can not find a direct answer to this. THis can not be ver 2003 I am familuate with office 2007 or office 2010 or office 2016 but I have no idea what build 12624.20382 this information is not useful to me. I have no idea what version my office is. I...
  10. Can I run the Windows 10 tech preview after the end date?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can I run the Windows 10 tech preview after the end date?: I just installed it two days ago and it fixed the problems I had with Windows 7. I don't want to go back because it's just going to be... Sh**. I really hope I can still use it! 5419