Windows 10: How can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?

Discus and support How can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi all - Here's a interesting question... If I force a WU for build 2004 and it doesn't come, how can I easily determine what is holding it back? Is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Compumind, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Compumind Win User

How can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?

Hi all -

Here's a interesting question...

If I force a WU for build 2004 and it doesn't come, how can I easily determine what is holding it back?
    Is there a silent rejection log or a list of what WU is exactly checking for regarding new builds?

I've been using this in the meantime:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...indows-10-2004

Thanks.

*Think

:)

Compumind, Jun 15, 2020
  2. borgus Win User

2004 build

In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time...

Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the Start Menu troubleshooter (now deprecated) lists search errors

DISM can't find its file and SFC reports an error, where non existed in the 1909 build.

Realtek HD audio is missing the CPL applet, despite install of new drivers. And audio has been 'iffy' - vanishing at times.

Confirmation? Suggestions? Thanks.

borgus, Jun 15, 2020
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Jun 15, 2020
  4. Taffy087 Win User

Has anyone else experienced WU build number problems in the September WUs? Win10

Updating my spare laptop, I've found some strange things.

My signature on my main laptop includes this: "Win10 Home v1803 build 17134.285".
    But this is lower than what the August WU changed it to, viz 17134.286 so my build number was going backwards.

To add to the confusion, my spare laptop (also Win10 Home and last updated in August) showed 17134.288.

After updating, I checked for updates on both and there was a second WU on both - two on the same day; does anyone know why?

The new build number on both is 17134.2320 and let's hope that there isn't a third WU (as happened once).

Has anyone else experienced these WU build number problems in the September WUs?

Taffy087, Jun 15, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU? - Similar Threads - determine why build

2. How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to determine why Startup Repair is triggered: My Windows 10 device seems to sporadically go into "Preparing Startup Repair" on boot. I can often get back to a proper boot just by restarting, but then next time I restart the device it does it again.So I'm trying to diagnose what prompts Windows to begin "Startup Repair"...
  3. How can I determine if the software installed on my computer is genuine

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I determine if the software installed on my computer is genuine: Newly purchased HP company production of integrated computermodel: HP All in One 24-F0XX, the computer has installed Windows 10 homeChinese version system. The computer body has a Microsoft trademark laserdefense label, Ifitcan prove that the system software installed on this...
  4. How to determine build of a sealed boxed MS usb ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to determine build of a sealed boxed MS usb ?: Hello to the forum. Following very helpful advice from "OldNavyGuy" on this forum I am trying to do an in-place re-install of w10p. Long story ... ending in cannot download ISO (yet). So went looking for it on USB. Trouble is that when I ask about build numbers all they have...
  5. How Can I Determine Why Upgrades Faail

How Can I Determine Why Upgrades Faail: Hi. I'm currently running Win10 v1909 (OS Build 18363.959). For many months now, when I check for updates, there's a message stating one is available. So I go through the long download/install and get to "restart required." I do the restart and notice it seems to try a few...
  6. Hoe can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?

Hoe can I determine why build 2004 is not arriving by WU?: Hi all - Here's a interesting question... If I force a WU for build 2004 and it doesn't come, how can I easily determine what is holding it back? Is there a silent rejection log or a list of what WU is exactly checking for regarding new builds? I've been using this in the...
  7. Build 2004

Build 2004: What's going on with build 2004? I have attempts to update a few times only to have me system start going insane after a couple days. I can't use this build. Any idea when they are going to fix it?...
  8. 2004 build

in Windows 10 Support
    2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  9. 2004 build

2004 build: In Windows 10 Pro 2004 seems to be not quite ready for prime time... Cortana insists upon logging into a MS account, is missing any info in the ALL SETTINGS area and refuses to close, instead running continuously as a background task. Reinstalling changes nothing and the...
  10. How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How can I determine what Tech Preview build I have?: I am on the Fast update ring, but I have no idea which build I actually have. The Settings and Recovery app says I am up to date, but gives no info on the build. The Control Panel only says I'm running Windows 10 Technical Preview 64-bit. When I boot up my Dell XPS, I see...