Windows 10: How can I disable admin rights for an account?

Discus and support How can I disable admin rights for an account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a pc with multiple accounts, of which two have admin rights. One of the admin accounts is mine. Is there any way to remove the admin rights from... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by s.anon, Jan 26, 2020.

1. s.anon Win User

How can I disable admin rights for an account?

I have a pc with multiple accounts, of which two have admin rights. One of the admin accounts is mine. Is there any way to remove the admin rights from the second account without deleting the account? If this is not possible, is there any way to block or prevent certain admins from installing software or apps on the pc? Thanks in advance.

:)

s.anon, Jan 26, 2020
  2. alexp999 Win User

Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

Cant you just set the account as an admin account??

alexp999, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Vista: How to give FULL admin rights to other accounts???

I've done this a year ago. I found a way to give a normal account full admin rights without enabling the built-in admin. But now, after 90 minutes of searchin and tryin I can't find a way to disable ALL ennoying messages, only UAC messages are disabled.

I currently have UAC disabled but I still get fucking ennoying pop-ups for admin approval. Can someone please tell me how to disable these pop-ups before I trow my laptop out the window?

Jelle Mees, Jan 26, 2020
  4. C0zzie Win User

How to change admin user account name?

ah so main admin account is 'wizzle' which is what I am currently on
    I make another account called 'wizzle2' (with admin rights)
    I sign out of 'wizzle' and sign into 'wizzle2'.
    And once signed into 'wizzle2', then I do the command prompt step and find the SID for 'wizzle' that is listed and go from there?

C0zzie, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I disable admin rights for an account? - Similar Threads - disable admin rights

2. Disable Admin Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Admin Account: how to disable administrator account in windows 10 that I've forgotten pp https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-admin-account/6d40db04-e19f-424b-9c88-5e39b7de74d2"
  3. How can I provide admin rights to a single application?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I provide admin rights to a single application?: We have a small AD domain with about 21 users. On three computers, the users have a software product that is CONSTANTLY being updated and requires us (admins) to remote in and update the software. The application itself does not do anything to the OS...it's primarily for the...
  4. Admin and User account disabled

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Admin and User account disabled: I have a gaming PC with Windows 10 enterprise... I know very little about Computers and have been running windows XP up until two months ago when my PC died on me... Installed some games and one of them wanted access via the Administrator. So, I logged in for the very...
  5. The only admin account is disabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The only admin account is disabled: A while ago I changed the only account on my PC Dell Inspiron, 11.Windows 10 from the Administrator to User. A few days ago I tried to get back the admin account because I cannot run any downloaded programme because the system requires the admin account. I tried to create a...
  6. Lost administration rights on admin account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost administration rights on admin account: I found another thread on the same topic, but it was "locked" - so here is another one: After recent update and several uninstall and installation procedures my account was not able to sign in to windows. While signing in with another user account and trying to use command...
  7. Admin Account Disabled

Admin Account Disabled: Hi All, I have a issues in where I connected my laptop to my customers domain to assist with a few issues. Upon leaving the domain and going back to a workgroup I realised that their server had applied a group policy that disabled by local admin account. I am now left with my...
  8. Lost all admin rights and account

Lost all admin rights and account: Hi My son used netplwiz.. and might have as well downloaded a game without asking. Problem : we do not have any administrator rights (or account I'm not a computer person). I've read and tried a lot of solutions proposed on different forums. All of them failed. Cannot use...
  9. Change User Account Admin rights

Change User Account Admin rights: I am the sole user of this computer. The control panel tells me I am an administrator but when I go into my account it says I am a standard user and won't let me change it to Administrator. I just want to manage my own computer and - for instance - delete files on a CD...
  10. No admin rights for admin account after clean install

No admin rights for admin account after clean install: Recently I did a clean install from the windows installation tool off a CD I made. Soon after logging on and making my first account (again!) I couldn't open the C drive. I messed with the owner options and made my account the owner so I could open it. Possibly before or...