Windows 10: How can i disable Background Update from Windows 10

Discus and support How can i disable Background Update from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Pretty self explanatory from the title itself, because every time i try to play games with internet connection of course, WIndows tried to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrDokka, May 11, 2020.

1. DrDokka Win User

How can i disable Background Update from Windows 10

Pretty self explanatory from the title itself, because every time i try to play games with internet connection of course, WIndows tried to update themselves without telling the user.

can this feature deactivated or not?

:)

DrDokka, May 11, 2020
  2. Darknova Win User

DISABLE vista background

I just googled vista disable background and it was part of one of the discussions in one of the first few links.

Darknova, May 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 fully updated. Mouse freezes now and then.

It may or may not be related but disabling Windows Update sure is a mistake. Note yesterday's major global ransomware attack, as well as the Wannacry attack in May did NOT affect anyone who allowed Windows Update to keep Windows current.

And to that, except for dial up users, Windows downloading updates should not affect anything you are doing as it steps way into the background. How much RAM do you have? What else is running?
    Why? Minecraft Doesn't Need Java Installed Anymore; It's Time to Uninstall Java.

If me, I would uninstall ESET and run with Windows Defender and see what happens. If no change, you can always install ESET back, but frankly, I don't see any reason why.

Bill_Bright, May 11, 2020
  4. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, May 11, 2020
Thema:

1. How can i disable Background Update from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - disable Background Update

2. how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?: these apps are taking too much resources, I don't want them runing in the background, but it seems like you can't disable them through background app setting, how can I do that? i also want them to run when I need them...
  3. how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?: these apps are taking too much resources, I don't want them runing in the background, but it seems like you can't disable them through background app setting, how can I do that? i also want them to run when I need them...
  4. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?: Hi micro,This is the Nth time where I loose all my work because the windows restart itself by itself when it wants, while I go take a nap and it closes all my programs without saving anything, and now -like every time this happens- I am supposed to rewrite everything from...
  5. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?: Hi micro,This is the Nth time where I loose all my work because the windows restart itself by itself when it wants, while I go take a nap and it closes all my programs without saving anything, and now -like every time this happens- I am supposed to rewrite everything from...
  6. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...: Hi, the Nvidia app loads and runs in the background every time I reboot my computer. I want to disable it, but there is no option to disable the app at startup nor in "Start Applications" in the control panel, nor in the "Task Manager" or even in the app itself. How can I...
  8. How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...

How can I disable or prevent the Nvidia application from running in the background when the...: Hi, the Nvidia app loads and runs in the background every time I reboot my computer. I want to disable it, but there is no option to disable the app at startup nor in "Start Applications" in the control panel, nor in the "Task Manager" or even in the app itself. How can I...
  9. How can Windows updates be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can Windows updates be disabled: I did a Google search and performed all the suggestions. It still is updating. Without having a discussion whether this is the right thing to do how can this be done? Version 1909 151679
  10. Which background tasks can be disabled on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Which background tasks can be disabled on Windows 10?: My new laptop is a little slow and stuttery and seems to always be loading something, even though I've not installed anything on it yet except Windows 10. I looked on task manager and there are tonnes of background tasks running. Could this be the reason? Which of these are...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to stop windows update medic service in windows 10 home