Windows 10: How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?

Discus and support How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since the last version of Windows 10, 1809, Microsoft enabled the Bing search as default in the start menu. I want my start menu to search only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by nilsonsales, Jan 7, 2019.

1. How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?

Since the last version of Windows 10, 1809, Microsoft enabled the Bing search as default in the start menu.

I want my start menu to search only locally, not online. How can I disable it?

:)

nilsonsales, Jan 7, 2019

2. disable the start menu search

Hi Darrell,

If you really don’t use Windows Search much, you can disable indexing completely by turning off the Windows Search service. However, disabling the open file menu is not possible in Windows 10.

To disable the Windows Search, kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start and search for Services.
    • Select Services from the list of results.
    • On the right side of the Services window, find the
      Windows Search
      entry and click it twice.
    • In the Startup type drop-down menu, select the
      Disabled
      option. This will prevent Windows Search from loading the next time you start your computer.
    • Click the Stop button to go ahead and stop the Windows Search service now. When the service has stopped, click on
      Apply button.
    • Click on OK button, and then restart your computer.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Jan 7, 2019
  3. Start Menu Search

Hi,

About your issue regarding the Start menu or Search, in order for us to assist you better. Please answer the question:

• Were there any recent changes made to your system prior to the issue?

In the meantime, we suggest you to check this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . It contains troubleshooting steps prior to the issue.

We'll look forward to your response.

Phillip Pio, Jan 7, 2019
  4. omidsolo Win User

How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?

Windows 10 Start Menu Search

Hi,
    Search in Windows new start menu is annoying, each time web search using bing results are also shown, which is really unwanted.
    Using :: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Search
    We can enable the following 3 options to disable web search:
    • Do not allow web search
    • Don’t search the web or display web results in Search
    • Don’t search the web or display web results in Search over
    However, as usual I'm looking for a way to do this via registry, anyone willing to help, please? How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu? :)
    Cheers.

omidsolo, Jan 7, 2019
Thema:

How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu?

1. How can I disable Bing search from the Windows start menu? - Similar Threads - disable Bing search

2. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: I recently "upgraded" to Windows 11. Quotation marks are added to "upgraded" in order to indicate my general opinion on Windows 11.Plain and simple, I need Bing search gone from Windows 11's Start Menu search. It's an annoyance and a waste of space. I have no intent...
  3. Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Bing search from Windows 11 Start menu: I recently "upgraded" to Windows 11. Quotation marks are added to "upgraded" in order to indicate my general opinion on Windows 11.Plain and simple, I need Bing search gone from Windows 11's Start Menu search. It's an annoyance and a waste of space. I have no intent...
  4. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  5. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable web results from the start menu search?: The update from last night added web results to my start menu search. I do not want web results in my start menu searches. If I want to search the web, I will open Chrome or Firefox and google it.I already looked in search settings, but nothing allows me to disable web...
  6. How can I disable web results from the start menu search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Bing Search not working in Start Menu

in Cortana
    Bing Search not working in Start Menu: Bing Search not working in Start Menu in Windows 10 Home 20H2. I want to use Bing Web Search but it is not working. I also added "BingSearchEnabled" in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Search but still it is not working....
  8. Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search

in Cortana
    Can't remove Bing from Start Menu Search: I used to be able to do a registry edit and it would remove Bing search results from start menu searches. Being able to search for files locally on my computer being dependent on Microsoft servers is obnoxious so I want it completely disabled. Have they changed how to do it?...
  9. change start menu search from bing to google

in Cortana
    change start menu search from bing to google: when you open the windows 10 start menu and start typing it will search with Bing search provider I want to change this to google. also it will open edge and I want to disable this and use my own browser. how do I make these 2 options happen. I don't like bing and it gives...
  10. How to disable Bing web search results in Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Bing web search results in Windows 10 Start Menu: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 v1903 has separated Cortana and Windows Search. The search looks a lot better, but it still shows Bing web search results in the results. Usually when using Windows 10 computer, many don’t like this. In this post, we [...] This post How to disable...