Windows 10: How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard?

Discus and support How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've been web searching and reading forum discussions but the frequently suggested recommendation of disabling the keyboard via the windows device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Column_A_Column_B, Nov 23, 2020.

1. How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard?

I've been web searching and reading forum discussions but the frequently suggested recommendation of disabling the keyboard via the windows device manager and restarting is quite messy and disruptive of workflow.

I would like to be able to place my little mechanical keyboard right on-top of the built-in laptop keyboard without concern that the built-in laptop keys would be pressed.

Is there a piece of software similar perhaps to KeyFreeze but WITH the ability to disable just one keyboard without disabling the other too?

submitted by /u/Column_A_Column_B
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Column_A_Column_B, Nov 23, 2020

2. How to disable a laptop keyboard

Hi,BvinR

My name is Erik. I'm an Independent Advisor and I'll be glad to help you today.

I've looked for the details regards about your concern and it will provide you the steps on how to fix the issue.

kindly click this link

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

1. Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.

2. Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.

3.Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable.

5. Click on Yes in the resulting dialog box to confirm the action and disable the laptop’s built-in keyboard.

6. If you don’t see a Disable option in the resulting context menu, you will see an Uninstall option, and you can click on that to uninstall the drivers for the built-in keyboard instead of simply disabling it.

Take Note:

Windows 10 might automatically update the drivers after detecting the keyboard. If that happens, you will have to make your way back to the Device Manager and uninstall the drivers for the laptop’s built-in keyboard once again.

if these steps did not resolve the issue kindly try this workaround method

click this link

https://thegeekpage.com/disable-laptop-keyboard...

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any further concerns.

Regards,

Erik

Independent Advisor

Standard Disclaimer: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research
    any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

EriksonBautista24, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Disabling laptop keyboard

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As per the description. Let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you follow the steps below and check if that helps:

• Press Windows + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
    • Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click
      Uninstall.
    • Click File>Exit. Your laptop’s internal keyboard should now be disabled.
    Note: If you had to choose Uninstall instead of Disable in step 4, the keyboard will be automatically detected and re-installed if you ever have the Device Manager scan for new hardware for some reason. If that happens you’ll need to repeat this procedure
    in order to uninstall it again.

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Nov 23, 2020
  4. How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard?

Disabling laptop keyboard

I'm not understanding this. I had to uninstall and my keyboard is still not disabled. I'm having to use an external just to be able to type bc if I don't my laptop thinks i'm pressing "t" constantly and some of the other keys such as "I" and "O" and "U" are
    funky too. Can you please go into a more detailed description of what you mean here?

questingspirit, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard?

1. How can I disable built-in laptop keyboard without disabling my external wired keyboard? - Similar Threads - disable built laptop

2. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  3. How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable my laptop keyboard while using a USB external keyboard: Unfortunately, the keyboard on my laptop is awful, both the "v" and "b" keys simply don't work, and the "m" key has fallen off leaving a space on my keyboard which is impossible to reattach, and this now means that occasionally, my keyboard just constantly types the "m" key.I...
  4. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  5. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can i disable my laptop keyboard?: My laptop brands are dell. my laptop keyboard is broken and how do i disable it i tried all the stuff. My laptop keyboard is pressing randomly like f1 f2 f3 ... f12 and it ANNOY - Delete Device : Won't work it just automatically reinstall - Disable Device : Won't work also it...
  6. How can i disable my laptop keyboard?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard

Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard: I want to know how to permanently disable the built-in Laptop keyboard in Windows so I can plug-in an external keyboard and use that instead of the built-in one.I have tried the existing method of uninstalling it from the Device manager but it comes back when I restart my PC....
  8. Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard: I want to know how to permanently disable the built-in Laptop keyboard in Windows so I can plug-in an external keyboard and use that instead of the built-in one.I have tried the existing method of uninstalling it from the Device manager but it comes back when I restart my PC....
  9. Disable built-in Laptop Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  10. How do I disable my laptop built-in keyboard?

How do I disable my laptop built-in keyboard?: My laptop is 7 years old. Some keys of the built-in keyboard have begun getting stuck specifically my F1 and windows keys, though I suspect others are also affected, preventing me from typing normally and causing Windows 10 shortcuts to activate. This has become a severe...