Windows 10: How can I disable Cortana?

Discus and support How can I disable Cortana? in Cortana to solve the problem; I don't really use Cortana on my desktop. What's the proper way to disable it and remove the process? It's generating error in event log every... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by redhonker, Aug 4, 2020.

1. redhonker Win User

How can I disable Cortana?

I don't really use Cortana on my desktop.

What's the proper way to disable it and remove the process?

It's generating error in event log every couple of hours.

Unable to start a DCOM Server: Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_1.13.0.18362_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!CortanaUI.AppX360dyffbd5crx5cph6sy881bkkccrbr0.mca as Unavailable/Unavailable. The error:
    "2147942667"
    Happened while starting this command:
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32\backgroundTaskHost.exe" -ServerName:CortanaUI.AppXy7vb4pc2dr3kc93kfc509b1d0arkfb2x.mca

Thanks

:)

redhonker, Aug 4, 2020

2. How can I disable "Startup" for Sticky Notes, on Windows 10 1607

Hi,

Since the steps provided did not help, we'll try a different approach. We suggest resetting Sticky Notes first then proceed on doing the same steps on how to disable it on startup. Follow the steps provided below:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Find Sticky Notes under Apps
      & features.
    • Select Advanced options.
    • Click Reset.
    • Repeat the steps provided by Confused Caribou.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Aug 4, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    How can I remove this virus remnant?

I was also going to suggest Autoruns.

Check to make sure it isn't attaching itself to explorer. It should be the 3rd thing listed in Autoruns, the listing for the Shell. It should just be Explorer.exe. If it is anything else, that might be your problem.

newtekie1, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

How to disable the touchpad.

Hi Ralph,

There are a lot of factors for this issue to occur. To
    isolate the issue, we have some questions for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occur?

• What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If it is a tablet, the touchpad will not be disabled as a design. For more accurate information, we suggest that
    you contact your manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how
    everything goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I disable Cortana? - Similar Threads - disable Cortana

2. how to disable cortana?

in Cortana
    how to disable cortana?: i noticed a few weeks ago that every time i go where i used to be able to search files i get the cortana voice. How do it get back file explorer and disable cortana? TY...
  3. Disable Bing in cortana search

in Cortana
    Disable Bing in cortana search: When trying to search in the search bar, if I mistakenly click on any of the questions, it automatically brings up Edge/Bing. I've removed it from any defaults that I can find, but it's infuriating that I can't remove/disable this thing entirely. It's not a good web browser,...
  4. Disable Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Cortana: How do I disable Cortana. I have unchecked everything in settings but the darn thing carries on to interrupt! Win 10 Home version 1903. Simple and detailed instructions please. 161565
  5. Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update

in Cortana
    Cortana Wake Word Unavailable - Disabled after Windows Update: Hello, After a required update to the "new version" of Windows 10, version 2004, as seen below was properly installed along with the associated Quality Updates, it seems as though another major issue with Cortana has occurred. Attempting to utilize the "Hey Cortana" as I...
  6. How to disable Cortana from auto starting with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Cortana from auto starting with Windows 10: [ATTACH]Ever since its launch, Cortana – the digital assistant for Windows 10 has undergone some significant changes. The feature which was once favored as an […] This article How to disable Cortana from auto starting with Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. How do I disable Cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable Cortana?: I just want the search on my new laptop not have the thing running. submitted by /u/Shulk-skywalker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzzv01/how_do_i_disable_cortana/
  8. Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?

in Cortana
    Cortana suddenly appeared since Windows 2004 update, how to disable it?: Morning tsm. Yesterday I downloaded the latest Windows Update (2004). And now there is Cortana in addition to the normal search bar "Search the Web". First I took away her permissions. Do you know how to disable/uninstall Cortana so that I only have the search bar as...
  9. Here is how you disable Cortana from autostarting with Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 News
    Here is how you disable Cortana from autostarting with Windows 10 version 2004: Microsoft released Windows 10 version 2004, a new feature update for the operating system recently. One of the changes of the release was that the company switched from integrating Cortana natively in the operating system to offering it as an application that is provided via...
  10. How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?

in Cortana
    How can I disable Cortana Fullscreen?: While using my PC, I often don't input anything trough mouse or keyboard for 10 or more seconds when, for example, participating in a call with my friends and family members or watching a video or a movie. While doing that it is rather disruptive that Cortana decides to open...