Windows 10: How can I disable CTRL + D

Discus and support How can I disable CTRL + D in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I play lots of games where holding CTRL and D at the same time is necessary. However when i press CTRL and then D, the D function seems to not work.I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sage_699, Sep 28, 2022.

1. sage_699 Win User

How can I disable CTRL + D

I play lots of games where holding CTRL and D at the same time is necessary. However when i press CTRL and then D, the D function seems to not work.I believe this is because it is doing another function outside of the game; toggling "show desktop icons"On my desktop, CTRL+D makes the icons disappear and reappear when pressed again. but when I am in an application on my computer, it still does the function on my desktop making the icons disappear and completely ignores the application I have open.

:)

sage_699, Sep 28, 2022
  2. paul3397. Win User

How to disable Ctrl+D?

I've been playing Win 10 edition minecraft and have crouch set to Ctrl and every single time i try to crouch and go right i gotta use Ctrl+D and it switches between windows and it is driving me crazy, how do i disable Ctrl+D?

****Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.****

paul3397., Sep 28, 2022
  3. I want to disable CTRL+Winkey+d

I want to disable CTRL+Winkey+d

This was a terrible idea. During FPS games, D is to move back, a lot of times the ctrl key is to crouch, you can slide as well. So if your finger slips a little and hits the windows key, it will take you out of your game and you will basically be shot
    and die.

Not cool. Please fix this for future windows or create an easy way to disable it. Also, please tell me if that has already happened.

jaredjahaaski, Sep 28, 2022
  4. Aidan47 Win User

Disable Win+Ctrl+D or Task View?

Hi, I would like to disable this shortcut if possible, windows+ctrl+D. It opens a new desktop sometimes when I'm playing games and is really annoying.

I have already disabled all Win+ shortcuts through regedit but this is still happening, if I can't disable that shortcut, is there any way to completely remove Task view? I never use it anyway.

Aidan47, Sep 28, 2022
Thema:

1. How can I disable CTRL + D - Similar Threads - disable CTRL

2. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.: Hello,I am currently experiencing an issue where when I press the CTRL key multiple times consecutively the mouse pointer is highlighted in a small circle. I do not want this to happen ever. I understand that this is an option within 'Additional mouse options' that is toggled...
  3. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.: Hello,I am currently experiencing an issue where when I press the CTRL key multiple times consecutively the mouse pointer is highlighted in a small circle. I do not want this to happen ever. I understand that this is an option within 'Additional mouse options' that is toggled...
  4. Mouse pointer location is shown when CTRL is pressed despite the option being disabled.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?: I want to disable this **** **** feature. Because of this piece of **** feature, I have lost important files many many times, so fu..ck you the person that added this feature, fu..ck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for adding such a feature.If there is a solutions, please let me know....
  6. How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?: I want to disable this **** **** feature. Because of this piece of **** feature, I have lost important files many many times, so fu..ck you the person that added this feature, fu..ck youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu for adding such a feature.If there is a solutions, please let me know....
  7. How the fu..ck disable `ctrl` + `shift` + `delete`?

8. How can I disable CTRL + D

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable CTRL + D: I play lots of games where holding CTRL and D at the same time is necessary. However when i press CTRL and then D, the D function seems to not work.I believe this is because it is doing another function outside of the game; toggling "show desktop icons"On my desktop, CTRL+D...
  9. How can I disable CTRL + D

How can I disable CTRL + D: I play lots of games where holding CTRL and D at the same time is necessary. However when i press CTRL and then D, the D function seems to not work.I believe this is because it is doing another function outside of the game; toggling "show desktop icons"On my desktop, CTRL+D...
  10. cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login"

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    cant disable "Ctrl + Alt + Del to login": hello,i was restarting my pc to update windows 10, and when i was logging in i saw Ctrl + Alt + Del to login appeared, so i went to go disable it and... i cant? the option is just greyed out and i cant turn it off. This is my Personal Computer by the way.if anybody knows how...