Windows 10: How can I disable default app for internet browser

Discus and support How can I disable default app for internet browser in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi, I want to disable thee system from having a preferred application for the browser as I use any one of three at any given time for any reason.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Cobra7au, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Cobra7au Win User

How can I disable default app for internet browser

Hi, I want to disable thee system from having a preferred application for the browser as I use any one of three at any given time for any reason. However when I click on a link in any of these browsers, The default application launches and it becomes very annoying to find out that it is another program that is running. So, if I have no browser as he default, I should have no issues and I would also be very happy.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

:)

Cobra7au, Nov 22, 2017
  2. marilynrd Win User

Unable to set Internet Explorer as default browser on Windows 10

Original Title: Save Internet Explorer as default browser

I have tried in default apps to make internet explorer11 as my default browser, but it want accept it or save it. How do I correct this?

marilynrd, Nov 22, 2017
  3. Can't enable IE 11 and disable Microsoft Edge

You can't disable Edge. Just make IE the default browser.

How to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10

How to find Internet Explorer (IE) on Windows 10

To make IE11 the default browser in Wi10: Control Panel | Default Programs | Set your Default Programs. Select Internet Explorer 11.

Bruce Hagen, Nov 22, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

By default.....Edge is the default. Go to settings, apps, default apps and then choose 1 of the 3: choose default apps by file type, choose default apps by protocol, set default apps.

Plankton, Nov 22, 2017
  5. Cobra7au Win User
    Thanks, but it does not actually give me an option to do what I am asking. I want to set this to a zero/null default. I dislike Edge completely. really not sure about Chrome, Firefox or Opera as they are all trying to be something different all the time. Updates are happening at a rate that even the extensions and themes cannot keep pace with. So, I want nothing as a default. Then I can just use whichever works best at the time I am using it, when I click a hyper link, I don't open a whole new program as is happening now with a default setting locked in.
    I hope this is a better explanation of my objective. Jeff

Cobra7au, Nov 22, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    There's no such thing that I've ever heard of, I'm afraid. The nearest would be rt click and Open With where that's available and relevant.

Your only option would be somehow to write a script that is launched by any attempt to trigger a browser that then prompts you as to which browser you'd like to use... but I somehow doubt you'll get round to it.. *Smile

That certainly wouldn't apply to the case where you're already working in an open browser window.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I disable default app for internet browser - Similar Threads - disable default app

2. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  3. No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No browsers listed under Default Apps. How can I fix this?: I am unable to change my default browser as the option doesn't even exist. Under Default Apps there is no option for "browser" or "web browser". Additionally, Edge, Brave, and Firefox do not show up in that list. In the search box for "Set defaults for applications" I have...
  4. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  5. Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps

Unable to set a default browser in Default Apps: Hello,I am unable to choose a default browser in my case I am trying to set Microsoft Edge as a default browser in the 'Default Apps' in Windows 10It was earlier set to Google Chrome. I also reset the 'Microsoft Recommended Defaults' but Windows 10 still cannot the attach...
  6. Adding a browser to Default Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding a browser to Default Apps: I just reimaged my computer to Win 10 PRO. Before the reimage I had chosen the newer Ccleaner browser to the default apps but now when I try to switch from Edge to it, it no longer appears as an option., How do I get Ccleaner browser chosen as the default browser?...
  7. Default Internet browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Default Internet browser: How do I set Internet Explorer as my default browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/default-internet-browser/f683955a-d0ae-477d-8d56-bf8f248b9d2a
  8. Internet Explorer as default browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Explorer as default browser: Hey, help me to set Internet Explorer as default browser. I want to switch from Microsoft Edge. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-explorer-as-default-browser/0eab58b2-1e88-4b7f-a9f0-bbbc436fd1d9
  9. HOw can I change my default browser

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HOw can I change my default browser: Microsoft Edge is not compatible with Norton and I have tried to change my default browser. However, the only app listed is the Microsoft Edge. How can I change the browser or is there a better Security that is compatible with Edge?...
  10. How can I disable the Mail app

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I disable the Mail app: I want to be able to send web links to people from my browser as I've done for years in Windows 7. You click on File>Email link in the browser. Outlook offers a new email with the subject line taken from the web page and the link in it. Unfortunately, now that I have a...