Windows 10: how can I disable f1-f10 keys, while still being able to use them in games?

Discus and support how can I disable f1-f10 keys, while still being able to use them in games? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; whenever I push f1 this pops how to get help in windows 10, pops up and takes me out of my current tab/game so I was wondering if there was any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by lord flexanor, Jul 25, 2020.

1. how can I disable f1-f10 keys, while still being able to use them in games?

whenever I push f1 this pops how to get help in windows 10, pops up and takes me out of my current tab/game so I was wondering if there was any way to disable the main function of these keys, but still allowing me to use the keys in game's and such?

:)

lord flexanor, Jul 25, 2020

2. How to disable F1 key

How to disable F1 Help key?... Nobody since the dawn of the time, and I mean nobody, EVER needed to press that freaking key to get help. NOBODY!!!! And everytime someone presses to that damn key accidentally curses to the parents of those who invented that
    F1 key (which is avarage 1000 cursing people per minute around the world)..

Windows, for goodness sake, tell me how to disable this cursed key... And make it "optional" for next versions of windows and see how many people will choose to shortcut help to F1. (Clue: NOBODY!!!!!!!)

how can I cancel that F1...

ÖzelCOŞKUNER, Jul 25, 2020
  3. Anyone know how to disable F1's thing?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. Let me assist you.

• Which game are you referring to?

The function keys can’t be disabled on Windows. I would suggest you to try and change the controller settings of the game and reassign the F1 Key to a different key.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Pawan Dhondiyal, Jul 25, 2020
  4. Koda_ Win User

how can I disable f1-f10 keys, while still being able to use them in games?

How do i disable the f1 key when im gaming?

How do I disable the f1 key while I'm gaming? I cant save my game because it takes me to the help page and off of my game. Please help because I cant play my game because of this.

Koda_, Jul 25, 2020
Thema:

how can I disable f1-f10 keys, while still being able to use them in games?

1. how can I disable f1-f10 keys, while still being able to use them in games? - Similar Threads - disable f10 keys

2. After getting in on Startup Setting, Number Keys, F1 to F10 Keys & even Enter Key is not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After getting in on Startup Setting, Number Keys, F1 to F10 Keys & even Enter Key is not...: Actually, after a Windows Update reboot, my laptop already had been directed to Choose OS, Change Defaults & Other Options. But unfortunately, when I Choose any of the 2 OS available at my end, it only shows a Screen Wallpaper that has no Sign In or even a Dialogue Box to...
  3. Vendor updates still being installed after disabling them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Vendor updates still being installed after disabling them.: I've a gaming laptop amd/nvidia that I'm using for VM/WSL2 dev work. Asus's vendor updates still send 2019/2020 drivers for it and override any updates.I searched Device installation settings and turned off vendor updates. I was able to upgrade drivers for both nvidia and amd...
  4. Vendor updates still being installed after disabling them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Vendor updates still being installed after disabling them.: I've a gaming laptop amd/nvidia that I'm using for VM/WSL2 dev work. Asus's vendor updates still send 2019/2020 drivers for it and override any updates.I searched Device installation settings and turned off vendor updates. I was able to upgrade drivers for both nvidia and amd...
  5. Why my kids still able to play games which I limited them?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Why my kids still able to play games which I limited them?: I found that even I limit the games of my kids PC in the family setting for example minecraft to 2 hour per day, but I found that they can play up to whatever they want to platy in my case avg time is 7 hrs!!!. How can I fix it?...
  6. Why my kids still able to play games which I limited them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my kids still able to play games which I limited them?: I found that even I limit the games of my kids PC in the family setting for example minecraft to 2 hour per day, but I found that they can play up to whatever they want to platy in my case avg time is 7 hrs!!!. How can I fix it?...
  7. Disabling sleep key F1 while playing World of Warcraft?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling sleep key F1 while playing World of Warcraft?: I've disabled the sleep key from my power settings already and set it to do nothing. I've tested it and when I'm regularly using my computer using word or on chrome it works fine and does nothing. But whenever I'm playing a game like WoW it all of sudden starts working again....
  8. How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1)

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the Windows Help Key (F1): Is there any way I can disable the help hotkey on my keyboard? I play a lot of games that require this shortcut and am tired of having to press the fn key before I hit F1 every time so that the windows support webpage doesn't pop up and force my game to minimize while Edge...
  9. How to Disable Mediabuttons and use the regular F1-F12 keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Disable Mediabuttons and use the regular F1-F12 keys: Heey everyone! I have been struggling to use my F1-F12 keys as the buttons were set to default on mediasettings. This meant that in my case, F1 would mute/unmute, F2 would lower the volume etc. Now I like to play some games in which the F1-F12 keys are very important so...
  10. Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Automatic Updates && Not being able to disable them permanently: Hi Microsoft, Lets get one thing straight. ***I*** own my computer and ****I**** decide what it does or does not do. I am beyond sick of having your fingers in my operating system telling me I *HAVE* to update windows. I've seen many people write similar posts about this...