Windows 10: How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

Discus and support How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I just bought dell inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Whenever I write or sketch using a pen, my hand touch on screen doesn't let me sketch properly and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by shivamgupta0791, Jul 27, 2020.

1. How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

I just bought dell inspiron 2 in 1 laptop. Whenever I write or sketch using a pen, my hand touch on screen doesn't let me sketch properly and it is hard to write/sketch without putting wrist on screen.

so I want to disable all kind of body touch while writing.

How can I disable body touch input while leaving pen input enabled on laptop touchscreen?

:)

shivamgupta0791, Jul 27, 2020

2. Lenovo x201 touch input and pen input conflict

Hi Maliq,

Disabling and re-enabling the touch and pen input driver might resolve this issue for you. Here are the steps:

1. Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select
      Device Manager in the search results.
    2. Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.
    3. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select
      Disable
    4. Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select
      Enable

Let us know how it goes.

Adrianne Buc, Jul 27, 2020
  3. Neokolzia Win User
    Disabling Hover click when mouse input/touch input is disabled

So I have a Lenovo T460 Yoga that trying to use for Art, The issue I'm having is when I disable touch screen input which for me is just more convenient since my art software can't deny touch inputs outright (unless someone can suggest something that does).

However when I do this and disable touch input via device manager, it also enables hover click which makes it so when pen is a short distance above the screen it clicks. Which is infuriating, I'm using the laptop with Software KVM for the mouse, and would
    have mouse usage with the pen anyway so the hoverclick is pointlessly redundant.

I am using a Wacom pen, there is no hover select options for it however.

It isn't related to the ease of access centre, and it doesn't do it when touch input is on.

Neokolzia, Jul 27, 2020
  4. gklappe Win User

How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

Touchscreen/pen input issues since 1803

I'm currently evaluating problems on touchscreen boards with active pen(ERM) support(Prowise). These touchscreens use optic imaging to handle touch input on large screens. These use standard components and are ready to go after plugging in operating in HID
    Mode. These are mostly used for education purposes.

Ever since 1803 using the pen results in ghost touch input. This causes a lot of problems in multiple applications. Sometimes the additional input is ignored, but it sees the pressure sensitive pen as normal input. In other cases both streams are handled
    as one stream wich results in timing and overhead issues or the touch input is handled as panning events. Also the numerous touch-up and touch-down events interfere with functioning of the pen.

Also when using pure touch input and no active pen input seems slower with lag and less input events.

This behavior has also been retroactively introduced to 1703 with updates, suspect here is KB4089848. The HID driver version is 10.0.17134.1. I know there is a workaround in Windows to completely ignore touch input when an
    active pen is used. But this limits the usage. Are there changes in the HID Mode a manufacturer would have to adapt to?

Kind regards

Gerwin

gklappe, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen.

1. How can I disable finger touch input while leaving pen input enabled on a touchscreen. - Similar Threads - disable finger touch

2. Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Touchscreen finger input not working for a few seconds after using pen: Hello! I just bought an Asus Zenbook Flip UX563FD and I'm having a few issues with the touchscreen. It comes with a pen I regularly use for taking notes. It is also compatible with other pens like the Surface pen. Whenever I just used the pen and want to scroll up or down, it...
  3. How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you want to disable or turn off the tablet PC’s touch input, here […] This article How to enable or disable Tablet PC touch input in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  4. Switching from pen input to touch input takes too long

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Switching from pen input to touch input takes too long: I'm on a 2-in-1 convertible laptop (Asus Zenbook Flip 14). When I'm just writing in Onenote, things work smoothly. Same with just the touch input itself. But when I go from writing with the pen to trying to pan around with touch input, it takes a few seconds to register any...
  5. I want to change my pen into touch input

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to change my pen into touch input: I have a Wacom Intuos S and I don't like the cursor, instead I prefer the star shaped cursor when there is touch. I don't have a touch screen display. Maybe there is a way to register pen as touch input? submitted by /u/ITProWindows [link] [comments]...
  6. How do i install pen and touch input driver ??

How do i install pen and touch input driver ??: i just want to know how to install it cause of the tablet mode i can't touch the screen thats why i wanna install the driver so i can use the tablet mode plizz help me...
  7. No pen or touch input is available for this display??

No pen or touch input is available for this display??: Okay, I'm in a bit of a pickle here. I've been going nuts over this. I can't use my stylus pen, nor is my touchscreen functioning. It was working fine one day and the next it just completely stopped. These are my device specifications. When the touchscreen and pen...
  8. No pen or touch input is available for display

in Windows 10 Customization
    No pen or touch input is available for display: I tried to turn on the touch screen for my new laptop but I cannot find the driver. There is no HID compliant touch screen. Any can help me? ASUS VivoBook S14 S410UN EB154T...
  9. 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' Error

'No pen or touch input is available for this display' Error: 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after Win10Home reinstall After five solid days of bashing my head against a wall* trying to get Win1709 to update to 1803 on my Tesco Connect Win 10 Home tablet, I finally resorted to doing a reinstall from an ISO/usb...
  10. 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after reinstall: 'No pen or touch input is available for this display' after Win10Home reinstall After five solid days of bashing my head against a wall* trying to get Win1709 to update to 1803 on my Tesco Connect Win 10 Home tablet, I finally resorted to doing a reinstall from an ISO/usb...