Windows 10: How can I disable full screen Windows Explorer window?

Discus and support How can I disable full screen Windows Explorer window? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, Sometimes anybodys use my computer, and their first thing what hes do, turn on full screen the Windows Explorer window. I hate it. There is no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by .Met, Apr 22, 2020.

1. .Met Win User

How can I disable full screen Windows Explorer window?

Hi,

Sometimes anybodys use my computer, and their first thing what hes do, turn on full screen the Windows Explorer window.

I hate it. There is no useful information on the right side of the screen andhinder my drag and drop operations.

How can I disable full screen access for Windows Explorer?

I find the start in full screen, normal window or minimizing.

Thanks

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 22, 2020
  4. BigMack70 Win User

Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How can I disable full screen Windows Explorer window? - Similar Threads - disable full screen

2. How can I disable the lock screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I disable the lock screen: How do I disable the lock screen so that I never have to put in a password or PIN again? I do not have a Webcam or fingerprint scanner so I don't want any security measures at all. I just want to continue where I left off without having to log in again. I live alone so...
  3. How to disable automatic full screen of windows that touch the screen border in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable automatic full screen of windows that touch the screen border in Windows 10?: Hi,Please indicate how to permanently disactivate automatic full screen whenever we slide a window to the border of our screen. This option is no longer available in Properties > Mouse.Please provide an easy means for doing so without using Regedit.Thanks....
  4. How to disable automatic full screen of windows that touch the screen border in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable automatic full screen of windows that touch the screen border in Windows 10?: Hi,Please indicate how to permanently disactivate automatic full screen whenever we slide a window to the border of our screen. This option is no longer available in Properties > Mouse.Please provide an easy means for doing so without using Regedit.Thanks....
  5. How to disable automatic full screen of windows that touch the screen border in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. How can I disable logon screen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How can I disable logon screen: when netplwiz has no such option, and user policy settings don't work, how to bypass logon screen. On Windows 10 pro. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-logon-screen/319ba23d-468d-44be-8e53-7c317689467e
  7. Disable Windows full screen mode

Disable Windows full screen mode: How can I get an app out of full screen mode, and prevent it from entering full screen mode in the future. I do not want any software on the PC to be able to enter full screen mode...
  8. How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I DISABLE Ctrl-F11 full screen mode in File Explorer?: I have another app I often press Ctrl-F11 for, and I do this almost instinctively. I end up maximizing File Explorer when I don't want to because I hit Ctrl-F11 and it maximizes by File Explorer. How do I disable FULL SCREEN MODE in File Explorer, or just disable Ctrl-F11,...
  9. How to enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Full-screen optimizations on Windows 10: [ATTACH] Full-Screen Optimizations is a feature on Windows 10 devices that help them function better. It is enabled by default for applications like video players and games. When this feature is enabled, the gaming or video playback experience is enhanced by [...] This post...
  10. How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!

How can i disable TASKBAR tooltips? NOT EXPLORER WINDOWS!: I am annoyed at the taskbar tooltips. I pinned things there, i know what it is, stop reminding me. What makes it worse is that you can hover over it for a fraction of a second, but it displays the title for four seconds. You see, i am using a modeling software that has...