Windows 10: How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?

Discus and support How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a USB mouse, and whenever I try to scroll down, the scroll wheel acts as the forward/back buttons. I've tried to fix it in the mouse settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Allen Rogers, Nov 17, 2018.

1. How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?

I use a USB mouse, and whenever I try to scroll down, the scroll wheel acts as the forward/back buttons. I've tried to fix it in the mouse settings menu, but the lowest I can set it to is 1. Is there any way I can disable this feature?

:)

Allen Rogers, Nov 17, 2018

2. Horizontal scrolling in Windows 10 doesn't work

Hi,

We would like to further clarify your concern since you mentioned that you are also experiencing the same issue that you cannot use the function of horizontal scrolling. We need additional details to assist you with your concern in using the horizontal scrolling
    with your mouse in Windows 10. Kindly provide the answers to the questions below:

• Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps provided in the thread?
    • If you have already completed any troubleshooting steps, we would like to confirm what were the results?
    • Which build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed in your computer?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Horizontal Scroll Jump

Open a Windows 10 file explorer folder containing enough folders/files that, in List Mode, would cause it to display a horizontal scroll bar. Click on any file/folder residing in any column to the right of the left-most column. Instead of the file or folder opening, the click action produces a right horizontal scroll that takes said column one column position to the left.

This annoying behavior is several years old. I was hoping someone finally came up with a solution.

kitpzyxmsir, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Berton Win User

How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?

Horizontal Scroll Jump

Agreed, have seen in the List Mode that the focus moves the view left to right or back depending on where the click occurred. The other Modes are straight-away lists of Folder then files with the vertical scroll bar, no horizontal scroll bar.

Berton, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10?

1. How can I disable horizontal scrolling for Windows 10? - Similar Threads - disable horizontal scrolling

2. How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Inactive Scrolling in Windows 10: Microsoft has introduced one of the most polarizing features in Windows 10, Inactive Scrolling. Before the introduction of this feature, you would have to select a window to activate it, and then only could you scroll through the content. However, with this feature enabled,...
  3. How do I enable horizontal scrolling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I enable horizontal scrolling?: I want to be able to use SHIFT + mousewheel to scroll horizontally in any programme (Edge, Notepad, Word, etc.) without using the scrollbar or installing third-party software. Thanks! submitted by /u/the_flying_stone [link] [comments]...
  4. Invert HORIZONTAL Scrolling

in Windows 10 Customization
    Invert HORIZONTAL Scrolling: Hi, I have figured out how to invert the vertical scrolling in Windows 10 by changing the value from 0 to 1 in the registry, but I would also like to invert the horizontal scrolling. Any tips? Thanks!...
  5. Horizontal Scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal Scrolling: I am having this issue where if I can hover over anything that can scroll horizontally it does that automatically without me doing anything. I bought a new mouse to see if that was the issue and it isnt. I have pressed the shift button and that stops it then if I release it...
  6. Surface Dial horizontal scroll

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Dial horizontal scroll: Is there any way to get the Surface Dial to scroll left/right horizontally? When you're in Settings --> Devices --> Wheel, the default tools have a vertical scroll which is great for things like browsers but I need a horizontal scroll tool (for things like audio/video...
  7. Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working

Mouse Horizontal Scrolling Not Working: Has anyone solved this problem yet? Tried all suggestions/recommendations on previous threads. Nothing has worked. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-horizontal-scrolling-not-working/f4d27346-2c28-4190-8a53-b60750edfdf5
  8. Horizontal Scrolling

Horizontal Scrolling: Suddenly, my Win10 desktop has been reacting oddly when mousing. Instead of scolling vertically with the wheel, it scrolls horizontally. The problem doesn't seem to be with the mouse. I've tested three wireless and one corded with same results. Secondly, when moving pointer...
  9. Horizontal Scroll Jump

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal Scroll Jump: Has there been any progress in fixing Windows 10 way of auto scrolling to the right/jumping to the left in a folder when you try to select a file with the mouse? 110558
  10. Horizontal scrolling on the START screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Horizontal scrolling on the START screen: I really like windows 8.1 and organized my icons into groups across the START screen. (In order of diminishing importance to me). I can easily swap between the desktop and START with the Windows key so everything is easy to find and to use. When Win 10 was released I took the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable horizontal scrolling windows 10

2. stop horizontal scrolling windows 10

3. windows 10 disable horizontal scroll

4. disable horizontal scroll,
  5. track ball horizontal scroll in windows,
  6. how to disable horizontal scroll,
  7. disable horizontal scrolling,
  8. horizontal scrolling windows 10,
  9. disable horizontal scrolling win 10,
  10. horizontal scrolling touchpad turn off,
  11. how to disable horizontal scrolling in windows,