Windows 10: How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019?

Discus and support How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All previous fixes for this suggest going to the Ease of Access Centre => Make the Mouse Easier to Use, and making sure the box 'Activate window by... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RunnerBeanGD, Nov 19, 2019.

1. How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019?

All previous fixes for this suggest going to the Ease of Access Centre => Make the Mouse Easier to Use, and making sure the box 'Activate window by hovering over it with the mouse is unchecked'. None of these options are available on my brand new MS laptop, released 10/2019.

Hover-select is driving me crazy, sending emails when I'm not ready etc. I tried fixing it via Outlook but there's no option available and it is also very annoying in other applications.

I tried searching on fixes posted in 2019 but nothing comes up that is any use for my laptop.

:)

RunnerBeanGD, Nov 19, 2019
  2. Dan2690 Win User

How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

I have recently replaced my laptop computer with a Dell running Windows 10. I am getting totally frustrated with a cursor that unpredictably jumps all over the screen and with having all sorts of thinks happen any time the cursor pauses. If I cannot find
    an answer to this I am going to seriously
    consider getting a Macintosh.

My ease of access center does not include:

• "Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck

Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse."

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the driver software. In typing this I have had the cursor jump in excess of 24 times! HELP

Dan2690, Nov 19, 2019
  3. How to disable Hover-Select in Windows 10

Those for whom the above does not work may open Synaptics, go to "Device Settings" and uncheck "Enable Tapping" ("One finger tap generates a left click"). Some touchpads may be too sensitive so that when you inattentively leave fingers on the pad a tap
    and thus a left click is generated. Mine is a Lenovo too. Now works well.

MowbrayAllan, Nov 19, 2019
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019?

Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you want to disable the Touchpad hover select feature, I suggest you to refer the suggestions by

Parth P Patel
    replied on 31st July 2015.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019?

1. How can I disable hover-select in Windows 10 2019? - Similar Threads - disable hover select

2. how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...: how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an unwanted page will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-select-on-hover-if-i-leave-the/927f0588-8b2c-401b-ac27-e96886734410
  3. how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an...: how do i disable select on hover? if i leave the pointer in one place on the screen an unwanted page will open https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-select-on-hover-if-i-leave-the/927f0588-8b2c-401b-ac27-e96886734410
  4. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  5. Need to disable auto-select on hover

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to disable auto-select on hover: I just got a new Lenovo system with Windows 11 Pro. Leaving the mouse over any selectable item seems extraordinarily dangerous. After a few seconds hovering, it decides I mean to select and goes ahead. In only a couple days of use, it has happened many times, and it even...
  6. how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to disable touchpad hover on a windows 10: Whenever I dither over clicking on something it takes the action immediately, which is leading to half completed emails being sent! I've been to the Ease of Access settings and the hover box is unchecked. I've checked it, re-booted, unchecked it, re-booted but no...
  7. How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable hover to select while using 'single-click to open files (point to select)' ?: I use single-click on dolphin in KDE but on Windows 10 it also enables some sort of hover to select (I prefer CTRL) How do I disable it? I also checked if the setting was enabled in Control Panel Items\Ease of Access Center\Make the mouse easier to use it wasn't. submitted...
  8. How to stop selection by hovering

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop selection by hovering: how do you stop selection by just hovering and only select by clicking on touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-stop-selection-by-hovering/02128c90-b937-4551-a860-1cd1fd8afc72
  9. Disable touchpad hover-select feature

Disable touchpad hover-select feature: Really? Is this true? As I read in another post--this really complicates any work I want to do as I have to keep closing windows that I didn't want to open and paging back to where was working. This is absolutely maddening and makes me think of switching to Apple!!!...
  10. How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10

How to disable "auto-select" when hovering - Windows 10: Am getting really frustrated. Yesterday, immediately after putting in a brand new flashdrive (Sandisk) on my Lenovo laptop ... I was reading the options list for how to open the file and was simply hovering over the list when the darned system auto-selected "Adobe Reader". I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to disable hover to select

2. cursor disable hover function windows 10s

3. windows 10 disable select when hover

4. how to disable hovver on laptop,
  5. touchpad hover select disable,
  6. auto select when hovering,
  7. disabling auto-select,
  8. how do i stop auto select on hover,
  9. microsorft 10 stop mouse selecting screen on hover,
  10. disabling auto select,
  11. stop laptop mouse selecting once hoovering over item in windows 10