Windows 10: How can i disable logging on with password everytime i start up computer. I am the only user

Discus and support How can i disable logging on with password everytime i start up computer. I am the only user in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It is so annoying at start up to have to enter password. My system has windows 10 w/ Microsoft edge. please help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Rooby-bun, Nov 30, 2018.

1. Rooby-bun Win User

How can i disable logging on with password everytime i start up computer. I am the only user

It is so annoying at start up to have to enter password. My system has windows 10 w/ Microsoft edge. please help

:)

Rooby-bun, Nov 30, 2018

2. Disabling need to change log in password periodically

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods for disabling the option password expires and check if it helps.

• Right click on the “windows start icon” and click on
      “computer management”.
    • Expand “local users and groups” and click on “users” option.
    • On the screen you will find all the user accounts that are in your computer, I suggest you to select the appropriate
      user account that you need to disable the password expire option.
    • Double click on the user account and you will get a new Window, there check the box
      “Password never expires” option.
    • Click on “Apply” and then “Ok”.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Nov 30, 2018
  3. How to disable user log-in password

Hi Gary,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. Let me assist you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know when you say ‘’second user account’’ is this user account is Microsoft account?

Please be informed that if you are not using Microsoft account, you cannot disable the password option. However, to disable the password you have to convert the Microsoft user account to local user account.

If you are using Microsoft account you can try the below steps to convert the Microsoft account to local user account.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your email and accounts and click on
      Sign-in with a local account instead.

• Enter the password, click on Next
      and follow the onscreen instruction to convert into local account.

• Keep the password blank (local user account).
    Note: If you are not using Microsoft account you will not able to use complete Windows features.

Hope this helps. Please share the status, we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 30, 2018
  4. How can i disable logging on with password everytime i start up computer. I am the only user

How to disable password at log on?

Hi Naveena,

To assist you better, I would like to know whether you are logging in with Microsoft account.

If you are using the Microsoft account to log in, I would like to inform you that it is not possible to sign into Windows without the password.

However, you may create a local account/user account and use that account to sign in, so that it will not ask you for the password when signing in.

I suggest you to refer to the article created by Andre da Costa
    (MVP, Community Moderator & Wiki Author) and check if you are able to retrieve the files that are missing from the computer.

How to: create a Local Account in Windows 10

Once you have created a local account, Please follow the below steps, if you would like sign in to a user account without password.

• Press Windows
      + R.

• Type netplwiz.exe

• Uncheck this box “Users must enter a username and password to use this computer” and press apply.

• Automatically sign in password box prompts. Write your Password twice and press OK.
    Let us know if you are able to sign in to Windows without password after following the below steps.. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Nov 30, 2018
Thema:

How can i disable logging on with password everytime i start up computer. I am the only user

1. How can i disable logging on with password everytime i start up computer. I am the only user - Similar Threads - disable logging password

2. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  3. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I log on without a password?: I got stuck in safe mode and decided to switch to diagnostic mode. Despite several restarts, I kept starting in safe mode. Once in diagnostic mode everything I attempted to do required a password which I don't recall ever using to log onto my computer. I ways used a PIN. Is...
  4. How can I log on without a password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.: Every time I attempt to edit any new file I get the same error message saying that I need permission From the account that I am actively using to edit the file This has happened on just about any new file I create....
  6. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.: Every time I attempt to edit any new file I get the same error message saying that I need permission From the account that I am actively using to edit the file This has happened on just about any new file I create....
  7. I am the Only User on the computer, i cant edit file that i created.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. How can I change default language for all users, not only for logged-in user?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change default language for all users, not only for logged-in user?: Hi,Looks like newer versions of Windows 10 have some kind of parsonalization on steroids, because even if I install new language and dusing installation SELECT "Set this langiage as my dafault system language"....this only sets language for LOGGED IN user.When new user is...
  9. Everytime we log into the computer, this happens. How can I solve this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Everytime we log into the computer, this happens. How can I solve this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/plo84 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l0qbhh/everytime_we_log_into_the_computer_this_happens/
  10. How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10?: How can I eliminate the need to sign in with a password everytime i start windows10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-eliminate-the-need-to-sign-in-with-a/4f505b7c-78e1-41b1-bde7-bedd967703e4