Windows 10: How can I disable Precision Touchpad features?

Discus and support How can I disable Precision Touchpad features? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I disable Precision Touchpad features to allow the use of chiral scrolling?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by IsJustaGhost, Apr 11, 2021.

1. How can I disable Precision Touchpad features?

How can I disable Precision Touchpad features to allow the use of chiral scrolling?

:)

IsJustaGhost, Apr 11, 2021

2. Precision Touchpad Feature

In file explorer, using a precision touchpad, when I set a single finger on the touchpad and don't move it, a large circle appears. Then when I move my finger, in different directions, I can navigate around file explorer. How do I disable this feature?

RichardMcGrew, Apr 11, 2021
  3. Precision Touchpad

Is there a way to get Precision Features without Precision Touchpad on Synaptics through maybe a Registry Alteration?

adityabahl19, Apr 11, 2021
  4. Anne Ros Win User

How can I disable Precision Touchpad features?

Disabling touchpad gestures in Windows 10

Hi Andrzej,

Precision touchpad is one of the improvements recently brought to Windows 10 to support touch gestures. Is you device running on Windows Creators Update? If yes, follow the steps below to disable touchpad:

• Go to Settings.
    • Select Ease of Access.
    • Click Touchpad.
    • Under Touchpad, toggle the switch on or off.
    • You can also uncheck the box beside Leave touchpad on the when a mouse is connectedoption to disable it when you use a traditional mouse.
    Once done with the steps above, check if the issue will persist.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

How can I disable Precision Touchpad features?

1. How can I disable Precision Touchpad features? - Similar Threads - disable Precision Touchpad

2. How to turn off Precision touchpad multi-touch for a disabled user?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to turn off Precision touchpad multi-touch for a disabled user?: Greetings everyone,I am working with a guy who is paralyzed and cannot use his fingers or wrist. His older laptop did not have a precision touchpad, and he was able to move the mouse by moving his fingers over the touchpad. This older laptop did not detect multiple fingers;...
  3. How can I use the T650 as a "precision touchpad"?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I use the T650 as a "precision touchpad"?: Does anyone know how to use a Logitech T650 as a "precision touchpad" for Windows 10? The goal is gesture control, and I know I can do almost the same thing with Logitech SetPoint, but I consider the "precision touchpad" behavior to be more sophisticated, so I prefer to use...
  4. Precision touchpad feature disappeared on XPS13 9360

Precision touchpad feature disappeared on XPS13 9360: Hello, after trying to fix the precision touchpad on my Dell XPS 13 9360 rightclick and scrolling were not working by installing different touchpad drivers which rightly stated were incompatible, the entire touchpad feature has disappeared in my Windows 10 settings, and in...
  5. Precision Touchpad

Precision Touchpad: Hello! How do I get Precision Touchpad on my Dell Laptop having Synaptics Touchpad? I have Synaptics touchpad driver v19.2.17.70 Thank You https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/precision-touchpad/2c45619b-f952-41f0-8413-36292f432ba5
  6. Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad

Disable double tap toggle button feature for Microsoft precision touchpad: I want to disable this feature but there is no options to. Synaptics touchpads had this option as shown below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-double-tap-toggle-button-feature-for/503e9d5e-daee-4fcc-9dfb-1f7ece186496
  7. Precision touchpad not working.

Precision touchpad not working.: After buying my pc, I installed a precision touchpad the synaptic turnaround and it was working correctly. Then, it stopped working, so I reset my pc, in which resulted in the absence of the precision touchpad. So I tried installing it again, and here's the issue. After...
  8. How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature

How to disable Pinch Zoom Touchpad feature: My touchpad zooms in randomly while I'm trying to scroll. I have looked at countless articles on how to disable the Pinch Zoom feature and none of the instructions match what I am seeing. I need instructions for my device. I have Windows 10 Home and an HP 15-bs0xx Laptop. I...
  9. Precision touchpad not working

Precision touchpad not working: I have a lenovo laptop, and just installed windows on my laptop. After the installation I saw that the precision touchpad stopped working. I saw the drivers and it dais that I had generic Hid drivers for my touchpad in which I couldn't scroll and use gestures. The precision...
  10. Precision Touchpad Driver

Precision Touchpad Driver: Hello I've just got a new Samsung Laptop, and it has a precision touchpad (from Synaptics) in it. I'm trying to find a way to disable the "Precision" bit of it, so I can use synaptics own drivers, which have more options (specifically, the palm control on it is awful, and...