Windows 10: how can i disable read only feature on folders effectively

Discus and support how can i disable read only feature on folders effectively in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been tryin g to disable read only feature on my folders by unchecking the the read only box but it wont work even when I changed the user to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tmajorGQ, Jul 27, 2018.

1. tmajorGQ Win User

how can i disable read only feature on folders effectively

I have been tryin g to disable read only feature on my folders by unchecking the the read only box but it wont work even when I changed the user to administrator it just doesn't change any advice?

:)

tmajorGQ, Jul 27, 2018

2. How to disable the Read Aloud feature?

We appreciate the comprehensive response. If Narrator is disabled and still the Read Aloud prompt still pops-up, we suggest that you disable any reading feature from the
    Ease of Access Center. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Type Control Panel in the search box and press
      Enter
    • In the Control Panel screen, select Small icons from the
      View by: drop-down list.

Note: View by: is located on the upper right side of the screen.
    • Select Ease of Access Center.
    • Under Make your computer easier to use section, uncheck the following boxes:

Always read this section aloud

Always scan this section
    • Once you're done, exit the Control Panel screen and check if the issue persists.

Alternatively, if you're using a mouse pad, access the mouse pad option and disable the feature that allows right-click when mouse pad is double tapped. Refer to the device manufacturer or support site on how to disable this feature.

Update us with the result of the manual configuration.

Darwin Dim, Jul 27, 2018
  3. How to disable the Read Aloud feature?

Hi Blair,

We'd like to know more about Read Aloud pop-up or notification that you encounter on your device. To do this, we'd like to ask the following questions to effectively assist you with your concern:

• Which Windows build version is running on your device? Type
      winver
      in the search box and press Enter to help you identify the build.
    • When does the notification or prompt pops up?
    • Can you post a screenshot of the pop-up to better identify the issue.

Meanwhile, lets narrow down the issue by ensuring that the Narrator is disabled. To do this, follow the steps provided on this
    support article and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 27, 2018
  4. how can i disable read only feature on folders effectively

How to disable the Read Aloud feature?

Hi,

The steps provided in the previous post should disable the Narrator feature to prevent the
    Read aloud box from popping-up. Alternatively, you can follow the steps provided on this
    support article on how to disable it through the
    Settings app. Once you're done, check if you encounter the same issue.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Jul 27, 2018
Thema:

how can i disable read only feature on folders effectively

1. how can i disable read only feature on folders effectively - Similar Threads - disable read feature

2. How can I delete sub-folders from a folder with the Read Only attribute.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I delete sub-folders from a folder with the Read Only attribute.: I can't delete folders because the "Read only" attribute is set. If I unselect it, and select "affect all sub-folders", the sub-folders are not affected, and I still can not delete the folder. I have to open each sub-folder to find their sub-folders, remove all their Read...
  3. How to disable the read-only attribute of a folder in win 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable the read-only attribute of a folder in win 11?: Dear All, I have a folder that contain a photo. I want to make this file to read-only. But I fail to do so, no matter I put it in my documents nor desktop. Every time after I changed the properties > apply > ok, and then once I go back to the folder, it's still read-only. I...
  4. How to disable the read-only attribute of a folder in win 11?

How to disable the read-only attribute of a folder in win 11?: Dear All, I have a folder that contain a photo. I want to make this file to read-only. But I fail to do so, no matter I put it in my documents nor desktop. Every time after I changed the properties > apply > ok, and then once I go back to the folder, it's still read-only. I...
  5. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  6. How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?

How do I permanently disable Read Only on a folder?: I'm trying to give one of my applications access to one of my folders don't worry, it's safe and trusted, but I need to disable Read-Only on my folder. I tried disabling it in the General tab of Properties, but whenever I closed out of the Properties window, it seemed to...
  7. Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder: Impossible to disabled the read-only mode on a folder. I know it's related to the loss of administrator rights. I have the problem on my home computer and also my work computer, which are both in Windows 10 21H1 . After following the information that was given on the other...
  8. There is no way I can disable read-only...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    There is no way I can disable read-only...: Today I bought and installed Oblivion from steam. Sadly I can't save game or change settings. I found in the internet that in Win10 this happens when game files have read-only turned on, so I have tried to change it. I had game instaled on my C drive. Windows was reverting my...
  9. Can't disable Read-Only on folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't disable Read-Only on folders: When I try to disable Read-Only it just keep undoing my action I'v treid every solution from here:https://appuals.com/how-to-fix-folder-keeps-reverting-to-read-only-on-windows-10/ I really don't know what to do....
  10. Read Only can not be disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Read Only can not be disabled: Hi, So every FIle and Folder is set to Read Only and changing it, well, doesnt change it. What i did was: Rightclick the Account folder under User> Properties>Security> Advanced and then changed the Owner to my Account (which is the only one btw) and added "Everyone"...