Windows 10: How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

Discus and support How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FuFuTurtle, Aug 28, 2020.

1. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

All of the old tutorials dont work anymore, I believe they changed the setting in the settings in their ongoing quest to make windows as complicated as possible.

submitted by /u/FuFuTurtle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FuFuTurtle, Aug 28, 2020

2. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

Hi!

I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that.

Thanks in advance,

Sarah

SarahStern, Aug 28, 2020
  3. lizbeth Win User
    software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

Hi Everyone,

I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top right of my screen:

How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages? [​IMG]

How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages? [​IMG]

This happens in multiple programs and is pretty frustrating. I've been looking up how to disable these hotkeys that seem to be for Windows but can only find settings for the windows button hotkeys, not shift + ctrl hotkeys.

Please help. Thank you in advance.

- - - Updated - - -

nevermind, I discovered it's from Radeon software and it takes my hotkey commands over my other software and I cleared all the hotkeys in the Radeon software.

lizbeth, Aug 28, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

how to disable Shift key that toggles Chinese input mode and English input mode in Microsoft Wubi?

Hello monororothird,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that you are looking for eliminating the Shift key that toggles between Chinese and English input mode in
    Microsoft Wubi. Ideally, to disable the hotkey, we would change the modes in
    Settings as mentioned below:

• Press Windows + I keys to open
      Settings.
    • Click on Time & Language and on the left pane, select
      Region and Language.
    • Under Languages, you may choose
      Chinese (CN) and click Options button.
    • Under Keyboard, you may select your input method as
      Pinyin.
    • Click on Keys, and you may change the language hotkeys from
      Shift to None and try to use Ctrl + Space hotkeys to toggle between the input languages.

Kindly get back to us with the results. Will be glad to assist you further if the issue persists.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 28, 2020
Thema:

How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages?

1. How can I disable the CTRL+SHIFT hotkey to change input languages? - Similar Threads - disable CTRL+SHIFT hotkey

2. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  3. Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling Office Key ALT+SHIFT+CTRL+WIN hotkeys: I have a cat. She is lovely, but likes to rest on my keyboard from time to time. I would rather this not open Word, Excel, etc.Some Googling revealed that these hotkeys to open Office apps can't be easily disabled, which seems like a crude oversight. There is no world where I...
  4. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  5. Hotkeys for changing the language

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hotkeys for changing the language: Is it possible to assign hotkeys to change the language, I want the "Russian and Ukrainian" language to change to the combination of keys ctrl + shift, and the "English" language to change to shift + alt ?...
  6. How to Disable Language changing hotkey

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to Disable Language changing hotkey: hello, idk if this problem is common but i didnt have this problem when i was using windows 10 home edition, i changed my windows to win10 pro and now when ever i play games, *competitive games mostly* i have this problem where it prompts me to change language CTRL + SHIFT +...
  7. software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys

in Windows 10 Support
    software doesn't respond to shift + ctrl hotkeys: Hi Everyone, I have Windows 10 Home Version 1903. It's on a CyberpowerPC gaming desktop and I mostly do illustrations and when I use hotkeys like shift + ctrl + s or shift + ctrl + e, my software doesn't respond to them so instead I get stuff like this appearing at the top...
  8. how to change hotkey for language swapping?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to change hotkey for language swapping?: so I use " ` " as a hotkey for changing between 2 languages for a long time and my new laptop has a difference hotkey for changing("win+space") i'm very annoyed by having to press 2 keys at once so can anyone tell me how I can change the language changing hotkey?...
  9. Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift

Where do i disable hotkey ctrl+shift: Like ive been 2 hours searching for the answer, cause this shortcut is very big problem to me, whenever I play games, I need to lets say crouch and run at the same time and that changes my language and i cant switch items (1,2,3,4,5...), I cant delete my second language, i...
  10. Change assigned hotkey for switching input language

Change assigned hotkey for switching input language: Hi! I have Windows 10. How do I switch the hotkey assigned to switch input language. I do not want windows logo + spacebar. Please help me. With a previous PC, I assigned it the hotkey shift+ctrl. I would love to revert back to that. Thanks in advance, Sarah...