Windows 10: How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

Discus and support How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ekm363, Mar 23, 2019.

1. ekm363 Win User

How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features.

:)

ekm363, Mar 23, 2019

2. Turn off or Disable Edge Swipe / Gestures on tablet?

This has been an issue for Surface 3/4 Pro models as well.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...isable-slide-from-left-edge-shortcut-for-task

Win 10 Pro, Surface Pro 4, DISABLE right/left edge swipe tasks

Please give us a way to disable these gestures. Can Microsoft provide a solution through a hotfix, update, or registry edit?

I found a solution to this on Windows 10 (14393.576) for Surface 4.

(see screenshot below)

• Edit Group Policy,
    • Go to Edge UI
    • set "allow edge swipe" to "Disabled"
    • restart

How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer? 7acc309a-7b5c-4f47-97fc-1b23fac02d54.png

T. Webster, Mar 23, 2019
  3. djhnsn043 Win User
    Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Hey, I am using a logitech k400 keyboard with touchpad. I have this plugged in as well as a normal keyboard and mouse. I can't get the edge swipe gesture to stop working, regardless of disabling it in gp or registry. Any suggestions?

djhnsn043, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Stods99 Win User

How Can I Disable Swipe In Windows 10

This doesn't work in Windows 10. There is no toggle switch for "Edge Swipe." In fact, "Edge Swipe" is not even listed as one of the options under settings. I just spent four hours on this, including chatting with a Microsoft rep and there appears to be
    no easy solution for the majority of users who are not programmers. It is frustrating and time-consuming when my screen changes to task view every time I swipe right on my touchpad.

Stods99, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

1. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer? - Similar Threads - disable edge swipe

2. How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can i disable the annoying swipe gestures in Windows 10?: these annoying swipe gestures are destroying the ability to use Windows productively - every time I move the cursor to the right it minimizes all open windows and opens the "New Desktop" thing that I have no use for and I have to fight with it to reopen he previous window,...
  3. disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad

disable edge swipe on bluetooth trackpad: I have a touchscreen tablet running Windows 10 Home 2004 build 19041.572. I have disabled touchscreen edge swipe with a registry key change: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\EdgeUI] "AllowEdgeSwipe"=dword:00000000 I have a basic Bluetooth keyboard...
  4. How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Screen Edge Swipe is a great feature that provides you better menu access and control in touch devices. But not every user finds it useful. […] This article How to disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  5. How can I totally disable MS Edge?

How can I totally disable MS Edge?: Techniques offered to prevent MS Edge from booting automatically failed totally. Now I want to totally disable MS Edge. I am fed up. refer to:...
  6. How do I disable swipe right for Task View?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable swipe right for Task View?: Half the time I move my mouse Task View pops up. I do not want to use Task View. Ever. It does nothing for me but waste my time. How do I disable it? I've tried disabling the group policy and editing the registry, yet it still happens:...
  7. How to disable the swipe taskbar.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable the swipe taskbar.: Hello, I recently fully reinstalled my Windows 10 for other reasons. Now, I cannot see the taskbar and the only way to do it is to hover my mouse to the place it usually is supposed to be, now, it is no big deal but I just kinda got used to it. Does not seem like a problem...
  8. How can I disable Microsoft Edge?

How can I disable Microsoft Edge?: How can I disable Microsoft Edge in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-microsoft-edge/96d49e51-c993-4e76-9a97-95be9130125a
  9. How can i disable task scheduler?

in Windows 10 Support
    How can i disable task scheduler?: I want to be able to do the tasks when i want to so i dont need task sceduler but the only option that works changing the schedule startup to 4 but after a restart my taskbar is crippled does anyone know how to successfully turn it off? 75739
  10. Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Screen Edge Swipe in Windows 10 [info]If you Windows 10 PC or device has a touchscreen, you could swipe in from a screen edge to invoke a system UI below. Swipe in from the right...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how do i disable taskview when swiping trackpad

2. disable task view swipe gesture

3. disable edge swipe task view

4. allow edge swipe windows 10