Windows 10: How can I disable the Mail app

Discus and support How can I disable the Mail app in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to be able to send web links to people from my browser as I've done for years in Windows 7. You click on File>Email link in the browser.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrogSlap1, Nov 26, 2018.

1. FrogSlap1 Win User

How can I disable the Mail app

I want to be able to send web links to people from my browser as I've done for years in Windows 7. You click on File>Email link in the browser. Outlook offers a new email with the subject line taken from the web page and the link in it. Unfortunately, now that I have a Windows 10 machine, every time I do that, the Mail app jumps up in my face, trying to get me to use it, instead of letting Outlook do the job.

I found one article on here that said to enter the following command into Powershell as an administrator: get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage. I've tried that several times, yet when I go back to my browser to try to send a link, that exasperating Mail app jumps up again. How can I make it stop?

Windows 10 would be a lot more fun if it didn't have so many apps and settings trying to force the user to follow the Microsoft Way for everything. The user winds up fighting the operating system all the time, trying to find where the latest obstruction setting is hidden in the bowels of the O/S to get it to do what the user wants instead of what Microsoft wants. It is the *user's* computer, after all, although Microsoft seems to feel otherwise.

:)

FrogSlap1, Nov 26, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. How can I disable the Mail app :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Edwin Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 26, 2018
  4. philc43 Win User

Cannot open mail app settings

OK, my next suggestion was going to be uninstalling Mail and Calendar and reinstalling from the Windows Store. You can have a go at this by following these steps.

1. Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell.
    2. Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    3. Enter the below command to remove the Mail and calendar app.

get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

After performing the above steps, install the Mail and calendar app from the Windows Store.

Hope this helps, you will, of course, have to add you accounts back again.

philc43, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

1. How can I disable the Mail app - Similar Threads - disable Mail app

2. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?: When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?...
  3. How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can automatic capitalization be disabled in the Mail app for Windows 11?: When using the Mail app for Windows 11, I don't want the first letter typed to be capitalized automatically. How can that feature be turned off?...
  4. How to disable this feature/function on Windows Mail App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable this feature/function on Windows Mail App?: I have been using the Windows Mail App and after updating it, it shows me this function which is very annoying. I want to scroll down to look/view my older emails and not search for it because I cannot memorize the emails nor do I remember the dates of the emails sent to me....
  5. How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?: I want to run an application without administrator but I don't know how to do it. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-run-as-administrator-for-an-app/947003c8-a751-4c63-b148-8ba53ee814ee
  6. How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How Can I Disable Run As Administrator For An App?: I want to run an application without administrator but I don't know how to do it. help me please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-disable-run-as-administrator-for-an-app/947003c8-a751-4c63-b148-8ba53ee814ee
  7. How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable autocorrect in the Mail app?: Hi If you know the magic recipe, please share it and I will eternally thank you. I have tried the very obvious: checking for a setting in the app. I found none. They are organized horribly, but still, no setting on this matter. I tried looking for one in the pseudo-ribbon...
  8. Win10, Mail App, DISABLE auto emoji. How?!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10, Mail App, DISABLE auto emoji. How?!: All I could find was this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice_outlook-mso_windows8-mso_365hp/how-do-i-turn-off-the-automatic-smile-emoji-in/d66f7eca-f321-44b0-93b7-d33a1c2cd724 which basically says: "lol dunno, go report that". Is there a way to...
  9. How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable Windows Mail app since using Outlook for mail: Please Please tell me how I can stop Windows 10 email from popping up when I click on an email address. I am running Outlook 365, I do all my mail in Outlook 365 why in the world is Windows 10 popping up. I remove the email account that was listed but it is still opening. I...
  10. How to disable typing animation on built-in Mail app?

in Browsers and Email
    How to disable typing animation on built-in Mail app?: I found this article on how to disable it, but it only seems to apply to Micosoft Office. Turn Off Office 2013s Distracting Typing Animation I find this typing animation in the Mail app to be extremely distracting! I can't type correctly with it because of how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. disable mail app

2. after office 365 home install can i disable mail and calendar

3. how to disable mail app

4. disable mail app windows 10,
  5. disable mail app in windows 10