Windows 10: How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu?

Discus and support How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a hard time seeing the icons and titles. submitted by /u/skyesdow [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/skyesdow, Mar 22, 2021.

1. How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu?

I have a hard time seeing the icons and titles.

submitted by /u/skyesdow
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/skyesdow, Mar 22, 2021

2. Start Menu Not Transparent

I assume that Transparency effects under Settings >
    Personalization > Colors is Off when you took the screenshot. You can check the image below for a comparison between
    Transparency effects being enabled and disabled.

How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu? 596f3861-2a04-448e-9600-cd1a171882bf?upload=true.png

We were somehow able to replicate the issue by disabling both the
    Transparency effects and Use Start full screen. If we enable the
    Start full screen and Transparency effect at the same time, it will result in a black background. We were able to get the transparency back by disabling
    Use Start full screen, hit the Start button, and then enable
    Use Start full screen again. Please let me know if you encounter the same results when you performed these steps.

We're looking forward to your response.

Devlin Sco, Mar 22, 2021
  3. mnc76 Win User
    Start Menu Not Transparent

I have the exact issue. And YES, I have ensured that 'transparency effects' is ON in Colors settings menu.

The task bar looks fine, its just the start menu that is no longer transparent.

mnc76, Mar 22, 2021
  4. How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu?

Disable blur effect - not transparency

I have been trying the registry hack for this and it works until restart. I prefer the transparency without the blur. Here's a screen of the start without blur. Anyone had any luck getting the no blur effect to stick? Even with restart?

How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu? [​IMG]

dnasystems, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu?

1. How can I disable the transparency effect of the fullscreen start menu? - Similar Threads - disable transparency effect

2. Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working: I tried all the methods online, none of the regedit fixes don't work. The option is turned on in Color settings. For some reason, if I boot in safe mode the issue is solved. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  3. Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working: I tried all the methods online, none of the regedit fixes don't work. The option is turned on in Color settings. For some reason, if I boot in safe mode the issue is solved. Does anyone know how to fix this?...
  4. Start Menu/Taskbar/Settings Transparency Effect Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to Enable or Disable Transparency effects in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to Enable or Disable Transparency effects in Windows 11: [ATTACH]Transparency has been adding to the appeal of the Windows series of operating systems. If you wish to enable or disable the windows and surface Transparency effects in Windows 11, please read through this article for the procedure. Transparency effects are enabled by...
  6. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency: Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile. I can't even...
  7. how can i delete transparency effects

how can i delete transparency effects: how can I delete transparency effects https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-delete-transparency-effects/82188b6d-e200-4ee6-8a27-c6510683a511
  8. Transparent start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  9. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...
  10. Disable blur effect - not transparency

Disable blur effect - not transparency: Is there a way in Windows 10 to disable the blur effect but keep the transparency. (I know there was one in the early builds of Windows 10 when Microsoft was testing the blur effect. ) 31621