Windows 10: How can I disable this 'video box' that appears every time I press the sound on/off button...

Discus and support How can I disable this 'video box' that appears every time I press the sound on/off button... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ncvbn [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhmqsn/how_can_i_disable_this_video_box_that_appears/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ncvbn, Mar 31, 2021.

1. /u/ncvbn Win User

How can I disable this 'video box' that appears every time I press the sound on/off button...

/u/ncvbn, Mar 31, 2021
  2. LeonLaude Win User

Sound like robot and video lag

Hi dania72_

Here are two different methods you could try to see if it helps you!

Method 1

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click Disable All Sound Effects
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    • If issue still persists try method 2.

Method 2

I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand Sound Video and Game Controllers.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on Uninstall.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.

Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode.

Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode.

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on properties.
    • Click on the compatibility tab and check the box Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on Apply and click OK and run the file to install it.

Hope any of these methods will help you!

Kind regards,

Leon

LeonLaude, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Distorted Sound

Hi Bob.

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to disable all enhancements in Speakers properties and check. Refer the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Double-Click on the Sound Icon and click on
      Speakers.
    • Click on Properties.
    • Click on Enhancements Tab.
    • Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"
    • Click OK and check if issue persists.
    If issue still persists, as a workaround, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Sound drivers in Compatibility mode and check if it works for you. Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Sound driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Sound Video and Game Controllers’.
    • Right-click on the Sound device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Now download the drivers the manufacturer website and install it in Windows 8.1 compatibility mode. Follow the steps provided below to install the drivers in compatibility mode:

• Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for “and select Windows 8.1 operating system from the drop down.
    • Click on ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ and run the file to install it.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Mar 31, 2021
  4. How can I disable this 'video box' that appears every time I press the sound on/off button...

Disabled motherboard audio device disappears from sound configuration

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with enabling and disabling the sound drivers, we will help you with this issue.

I suggest you to try the below steps to Update the driver
    and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select
      Device Manager.

• Under Sound, video and game controller, right click on the driver and click on
      Update the driver software.

• Click on Browse my computer for driver software, click on
      Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

• Follow the Onscreen instructions.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

How can I disable this 'video box' that appears every time I press the sound on/off button...

1. How can I disable this 'video box' that appears every time I press the sound on/off button... - Similar Threads - disable 'video box'

2. I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times: HelloLately my system has been having problemsI press every button, it is typed several times very quickly, for example, Computer writes Ccommpputter like thisIn the game, it is quite clear that the buttons are disconnected and connected, for example, I want to walk, as if...
  3. I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I press every button of the keyboard, it hits several times: HelloLately my system has been having problemsI press every button, it is typed several times very quickly, for example, Computer writes Ccommpputter like thisIn the game, it is quite clear that the buttons are disconnected and connected, for example, I want to walk, as if...
  4. A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in"

A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in": I accidentally clicked, "Lock Account" and from there, everything went downhill.Every time I startup the computer, it takes me directly to my account screen. I click, "Sign In" and then a gray box with the title, "Microsoft" appears and then disappears, and I still can't log...
  5. A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A microsoft gray box appears every time I click, "sign in": I accidentally clicked, "Lock Account" and from there, everything went downhill.Every time I startup the computer, it takes me directly to my account screen. I click, "Sign In" and then a gray box with the title, "Microsoft" appears and then disappears, and I still can't log...
  6. How can I disable text box pop up every time I press a character using Japanese IME?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable text box pop up every time I press a character using Japanese IME?: Hi, I started using the Japanese IME keyboard for Windows 10. When using some apps this windows shows up if I have the language set to JP:That stops me from being able to use key shortcuts until I press Enter or Escape.How can I disable it?Thank you....
  7. How can I disable text box pop up every time I press a character using Japanese IME?

How can I disable text box pop up every time I press a character using Japanese IME?: Hi, I started using the Japanese IME keyboard for Windows 10. When using some apps this windows shows up if I have the language set to JP:That stops me from being able to use key shortcuts until I press Enter or Escape.How can I disable it?Thank you....
  8. How can I disable text box pop up every time I press a character using Japanese IME?

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. How to disable the prompt that appears every time i plug in my headphones?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable the prompt that appears every time i plug in my headphones?: Every time i plug in my headphones, a prompt appears that goes something like "Which device did you connect?". It's in dutch cause that's my device's language, but this is what it looks like. [ATTACH]...
  10. How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable the BLONG sound every time I adjust volume: Hi. Please help. Im signing into this site after i dont know how many years because windows' website is complete trash and I can't figure this out. I've already gone into my settings and un-checkboxed the sound. it keeps playing. it is louder than any other sound on my pc and...