Windows 10: How can I disable Timeline view when I use the trackpad?

Discus and support How can I disable Timeline view when I use the trackpad? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/benzodiazepines [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/benzodiazepines, Nov 10, 2020.

1. How can I disable Timeline view when I use the trackpad?

/u/benzodiazepines, Nov 10, 2020
  2. Graeme.P Win User

Unable to disable laptop trackpad after Windows 10 update (Feb 2019)

Hi Shawn, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

One way to disable the trackpad would be to use Device Manager. Here are the steps you can follow to do this:

- Press Windows Key+X and choose Device Manager.

- Find your trackpad in the list.

- Right-click the trackpad, and choose Uninstall Device.

This should stop the trackpad from functioning. If you want to re-enable it, you can follow the same steps and choose Enable instead.

Hopefully this helps! Please let me know if you need further support. Thanks!

Graeme.P, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Trackpad driver is constantly removed

Hi,

I understand the inconvenience caused.

Thank you for mentioning the different steps you have tried to resolve the issue, we appreciate your effort.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows key + X and select device manager.

2. Click "view" and select "show hidden devices".

3. If the trackpad driver is listed, right click on the driver and uninstall it.

4. Restart the computer and have Windows automatically install the driver upon restart.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Nov 10, 2020
  4. How can I disable Timeline view when I use the trackpad?

Slow Timeline

Task view / timeline become slower until it lags so much and must restart the pc to make it smooth again

already disable superfetch

disable timeline

still same

audipratama, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

How can I disable Timeline view when I use the trackpad?

1. How can I disable Timeline view when I use the trackpad? - Similar Threads - disable Timeline view

2. How can I disable it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How can I disable it?: I recently got given a Microsoft laptop windows 10 For the use of my Xxpen artist12. I attempted to download the drivers for it and when I clicked on “open” it appeared with. “Do you want this app to make changes?” With the only option saying No. I can’t disable it too...
  3. How can I disable the 3 POPUPs when using a security key???

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How can I disable the 3 POPUPs when using a security key???: I just bought a YubiKey 5 Nano and it's really annoying having to click on 3 DIFFERENT windows security popups that are NEVER on top as it minimizes them to the taskbar just to use my YubiKey to log in. how does one DISABLE THESE 2 POPUPS..Just want to see this POPUP on TOP...
  4. Timeline/task view

in Windows 10 Customization
    Timeline/task view: How TF do I disable this absolutely annoying feature that microsoft's geniuses decided to add??? I have never used it and never want to use it. I do not want it at all. I'm f'ing sick of this stupid bs commandeering my desktop workspace. I try to move my cursor to adjust a...
  5. How do I disable palm-check on my trackpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I disable palm-check on my trackpad?: I have an HP Pavilion x360 Convertible 14m-dh1xxx laptop. I need to use the keyboard and the mouse at the same time for some tasks, yet I cannot find a way to disable palm-check. I start typing and my trackpad stops working. How can I fix this?...
  6. Timeline and Task View

Timeline and Task View: I have an item on my Task View screen which I can't remove with standard procedures. Help, please! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/timeline-and-task-view/2c37fe18-da37-4345-9b76-0f6ad512c375
  7. Task View & Timeline

Task View & Timeline: Hello, Have a user that cannot sign into the "Timeline" within "Task View", for myself i click it and it does a MS account check and logs right in. For this user however it just brings up the "Your Info" page from within settings, which he's signed in with a O365 Domain...
  8. How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How can I get Timeline back --- it keeps vanishing: Timeline can be useful, if it works. Despite spending a lot of effort getting the settings right and merging the appropriate command in the registry Timeline has vanished yet again. How can I get it back, and end this instability?...
  9. How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?

How do I disable Taskview when swiping trackpad?: As the title states, I need to turn off the feature that enables Task View when swiping from the left side of my trackpad. I use my computer on a large TV and going from the left side of the screen towards the right means a long swipe from one end of my trackpad to the other....
  10. Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change

in Windows 10 Support
    Timeline Using Mobo Name not PC name how can i change: Windows 10 Timeline uses the MOBO name not the PC name!!How can I make WIndows 10 Timeline use the PC name? It seems stupid to use the motherboard name as many people will have no idea. [img] [img] *Huh 109861