Windows 10: How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?

Discus and support How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, There is a little window in the bottom left corner of my screen in Windows 10 that says "Type here to search". When I click on it and start typing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 23, 2020.

1. How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?

Hi,

There is a little window in the bottom left corner of my screen in Windows 10 that says "Type here to search". When I click on it and start typing (wanting to search for something on my computer), along with things on my computer, I am also shown things on the internet. How can I change this so that the only things shown when I use this window are things on my computer?

Thanks.

:)

NeedUpgradeHelp, Jan 23, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Disable Web Search when I hit Windows Key to Search my Computer

Hi Larry,

To be able to disable the Web Search when using the searchbox, you need to turn off Cortana. The searchbox will now say "Search Windows" instead of "Ask me anything." It will be more responsive and only show results from your hard drive or local network. To
    do this, you can follow the steps below:

• Login to Windows 10 computer with your Microsoft account.
    • Click on Cortana search bar.
    • In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    • Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    • Then turn off Cortana option.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?

Disable Store and Web search in Start Menu

Hello
    SystemSupport346,

Since the steps above did not work for you, we suggest that you disable web search by navigating the settings of Cortana itself. Please follow the steps below:

• Open the search box in the taskbar.
    • Click the Notebook icon.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • On the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give me suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Turn off the Search online and include web results. See screenshot below:

How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar? 4b6583c8-efc0-4f9f-a9a0-4ce531f271db?upload=true.png

Hope this information helps you. Feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar?

1. How can I disable web suggestions in Search bar? - Similar Threads - disable web suggestions

2. How to disabled search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disabled search bar: Hello, I wish to disable the search bar to prevent users from typing into it. I used to did by going to this directoryC:\Windows\SystemApps\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy and renaming the searchUI.exe. Now I am using windows 10 PRO version 19044 and i realized the...
  3. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8
  4. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar: Edition -> Windows 10 ProVersion -> 21H2Os Build -> 19044.1645How do I get rid of these annoying suggested apps ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-removedisable-suggested-apps-from-search/2695a386-e060-4bc2-958e-98e7083888f8
  5. How to Remove/Disable Suggested Apps from Search Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. disable web suggestions for windows 10 search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    disable web suggestions for windows 10 search: hello. i am frusterated at the fact that whenever i type in the search bar i get web results in addition to computer results. I don't want web results at all. I have looked into the solutions provided on other forums, but they all seem to be out of date, as the most recent...
  7. How do I disable web results on bottom search bar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I disable web results on bottom search bar?: I want the bottom search bar to search my computer. If I wanted web results I’d google it. How do I fix this “feature” [bug] submitted by /u/Jim_from_snowy_river [link] [comments]...
  8. How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge: [ATTACH]While typing in the address bar, Microsoft Edge shows key phrases and links from History or Bookmarks. If you want to disable address bar search […] This article How to disable Address bar Search suggestions in Microsoft Edge first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  9. How to disable cortanas web search?

How to disable cortanas web search?: I just reinstalled and theres no option in her settings to turn off the web search she does when you search for files on your pc and such. How else could I turn it off if its not listed in her settings? 24449
  10. disable web search

in Windows 10 Support
    disable web search: On the start menu I do not like that 10 is searching the web for results. I've found the entries in group policy as shown below but that doesn't work.*Mad How do I disable web search from the start menu. Disable web results in Windows 10 search - Microsoft Beta - Neowin...