Windows 10: How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user

Discus and support How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a family setup with Microsoft accounts for all my family members. I have two Xboxs and four Windows 10 PCs. After every single update for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dalgrim, May 4, 2022.

1. Dalgrim Win User

How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user

I have a family setup with Microsoft accounts for all my family members. I have two Xboxs and four Windows 10 PCs. After every single update for any computer, every user that tries to login gets the annoying "You must create a PIN". You can NOT bypass this. I have four computers all connected to a NAS for documents, photos, etc. The last thing I want is to have to deal with not being able to manage my kids profiles because instead of the username and passwords I've setup and manage some coder at MS thinks they know better... A pin is, quite simply, a really bad idea in my use case.Is there an

:)

Dalgrim, May 4, 2022

2. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2022
  3. Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for writing to us again.

Please be informed that in Windows PCs, in order to disable-enable the PIN sign in option, you have to access the User Account settings.

If you have any suggestions about Windows 10, I suggest you to post your valuable feedback about Windows 10 in feedback app. So, that it will be helpful for the developers to integrate the changes suggested by you.

Open start menu, type Feedback app in search bar and click on feedback app to open it. Post your suggestions in feedback app.

Hope it helps.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 4, 2022
  4. Anne Ros Win User

How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user

Login with PIN and Hello

Hi Jean,

Windows 10 includes multiple options to sign-in to your account, including the ability to sign-in using a PIN and Windows Hello, which uses facial recognition. For us to provide a solution suited to your concern, we need additional information. Can
    you answer the questions below?

• How are you setting the PIN and Hello?
    • Which build version of Windows is your PC running on?
    • Were there any error codes or messages?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how to set up PIN.

• Open Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Click Sign-in options.
    • Click the Add button for the PIN and set your PIN.
    • Do the same for the Windows Hello.

Looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, May 4, 2022
Thema:

1. How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user - Similar Threads - disable Family forcing

2. Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?: I enabled passwordless login on my Microsoft account. Without any notice Microsoft then wiped out the local password setup on my PC and forces authentication from my phone. I actually prefer this but wasn't expecting the change to impact local PC logon behavior. The problem...
  3. Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Forcing Hello PIN after Passwordless Setup. How to disable?: I enabled passwordless login on my Microsoft account. Without any notice Microsoft then wiped out the local password setup on my PC and forces authentication from my phone. I actually prefer this but wasn't expecting the change to impact local PC logon behavior. The problem...
  4. How to Disable just Windows Hello PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to Disable just Windows Hello PIN: In my organisation Windows Hello is disabled, but we recently integrate OKTA in our business and installed OKTA verify app on devices for authentications. Now OKTA app allows users to set Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint and Windows Hello PIN. By default Windows Hello PIN...
  5. How to Disable just Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Disable just Windows Hello PIN: In my organisation Windows Hello is disabled, but we recently integrate OKTA in our business and installed OKTA verify app on devices for authentications. Now OKTA app allows users to set Windows Hello Face/Fingerprint and Windows Hello PIN. By default Windows Hello PIN...
  6. How to Disable just Windows Hello PIN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user

How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user: I have a family setup with Microsoft accounts for all my family members. I have two Xboxs and four Windows 10 PCs. After every single update for any computer, every user that tries to login gets the annoying "You must create a PIN". You can NOT bypass this. I have four...
  8. How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable Windows 10 Family from forcing "Hello" and a PIN for every user: I have a family setup with Microsoft accounts for all my family members. I have two Xboxs and four Windows 10 PCs. After every single update for any computer, every user that tries to login gets the annoying "You must create a PIN". You can NOT bypass this. I have four...
  9. How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?

How to Disable PIN Reset For Windows Hello PIN?: As stated in the subject line, does anyone know how to disable having to change the Windows Hello PIN every couple months? I tried changing some of the registry editor values, in particular I followed the steps in this link:...
  10. how do i disable windows hello pin permenently?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how do i disable windows hello pin permenently?: i just don't like the windows hello pin i am fine with the password only can anyone help me on how to disable windows hello pin permanently only?...