Windows 10: How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

Discus and support How can I disable windows from restarting after an update? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi micro,This is the Nth time where I loose all my work because the windows restart itself by itself when it wants, while I go take a nap and it closes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ihatewinupdate, Jan 21, 2023.

1. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

Hi micro,This is the Nth time where I loose all my work because the windows restart itself by itself when it wants, while I go take a nap and it closes all my programs without saving anything, and now -like every time this happens- I am supposed to rewrite everything from scratch which is more than pain that I deserve for life.So please tell me how can I prevent this? How can I stop windows from rebooting after finishing an update?It should be somewhere in the settings isn't it? an easy on/off switch; because apparently it deals with "Turning off the whole system and turning it back On, even i

:)

ihatewinupdate, Jan 21, 2023
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond How can I disable windows from restarting after an update? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jan 21, 2023
  3. little cat, Jan 21, 2023
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

1. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update? - Similar Threads - disable restarting update

2. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?: Hi micro,This is the Nth time where I loose all my work because the windows restart itself by itself when it wants, while I go take a nap and it closes all my programs without saving anything, and now -like every time this happens- I am supposed to rewrite everything from...
  3. How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I disable windows from restarting after an update?: Hi micro,This is the Nth time where I loose all my work because the windows restart itself by itself when it wants, while I go take a nap and it closes all my programs without saving anything, and now -like every time this happens- I am supposed to rewrite everything from...
  4. Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates

Disable Automatic Restarts After Windows Updates: I need a way to disable automatic restarts on Windows 10 Home. Setting active hours does not work. I have engineering programs that run on my system 24/7 and I'm tired of losing data because I come back in the morning to find that my computer randomly restarted during the...
  5. Disable applications restarting after update

Disable applications restarting after update: So I have been desperately trying to make windows 10 NOT restart applications after reboots. It works, IF I manually do a normal reboot. But if the reboot is due to updates being applied, applications restart at next login, ignoring my settings. I can see how Microsoft might...
  6. How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable automatic restarts after updates completely?: First of all: Sorry to bring this up again, I'm sure this question probably gets asked a lot. But somehow I haven't found a working solution (or done something wrong). What I want is to completely prevent my PC from automatically restarting, only restart when I explicitly say...
  7. How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to easily disable auto-restart after updates.: How do i disable auto-restart after windows update forever? I am so sick and tired of comming in to work after the computer has been rendering over the night and everything is just lost because Windows 10 absolutely needs to delete all my unsaved work once a week. So sick and...
  8. How can i disable Background Update from Windows 10

How can i disable Background Update from Windows 10: Pretty self explanatory from the title itself, because every time i try to play games with internet connection of course, WIndows tried to update themselves without telling the user. can this feature deactivated or not?...
  9. How can Windows updates be disabled

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How can Windows updates be disabled: I did a Google search and performed all the suggestions. It still is updating. Without having a discussion whether this is the right thing to do how can this be done? Version 1909 151679
  10. How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?

How do I disable automatic restart after Windows downloads updates?: I am hosting a private Minecraft server for my friends, but after Windows updated, it restarted outside of the active hours while the server was still running and possibly resulted in the corruption of the server's data. I am running the server 24/7 because my friends could...