Windows 10: How can I discover which apps link to unnamed background apps that try to run in the...

Discus and support How can I discover which apps link to unnamed background apps that try to run in the... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, I have win10Pro 32-bit OS with the latest version/patches and have concerns about unknown background apps that try to run as background apps...... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Questor1CIN, Mar 14, 2019.

1. How can I discover which apps link to unnamed background apps that try to run in the...

Hi, I have win10Pro 32-bit OS with the latest version/patches and have concerns about unknown background apps that try to run as background apps... How can I see which Apps names or processes are linked to qty 6 unnamed and unknown background apps that try to run in the background on my Laptop?

I recently noticed that my Laptop would not go into Screensaver or Hibernation Power Mode at specified times, despite my double checking my power settings and changing them to power defaults. I suspect these 6 unknown background apps are causing the Screensaver or Hibernation Power Mode to not run correctly because the apps may be constantly running. When I look at "which apps can run in the background", there are 6 unnamed apps that I first noticed a week ago, and I turned them off as background running apps. I ran Malwarebytes and found my personal McAfee firewall was disabled and a single Malware concern running in memory that I quarantined. However, the Qty 6 unnamed and unknown background apps still try to run as background apps. Why is this and how do I delete these 6 unnamed/unknown apps?

Are these qty 6 unnamed/unknown apps that try to run in the background linked to older versions of Win32 applications that originally ran on WinXP, Win7, or Win8? How can I be sure these qty 6 unnamed/unknown apps are not spyware or malware from 3rd party win10 apps when they are not flagged by anti-virus/anti-malware?

Thanks for reviewing my questions, Questor

:)

Questor1CIN, Mar 14, 2019

2. Apps running in Background

Hi JonBlann,

Windows 10 allows some apps to run in the background even if you never open it. This would let the applications to update itself or to get you notified with what's new with the app. However, this would consume most of your battery, bandwidth, and system
    resources.

You can refer to the steps below on how to disable apps from running in the background:

1. Go to Settings > Privacy > Background apps.
    2. Under Background apps, toggle off the Let apps run in the background switch to disable all apps that come from Microsoft Store. If you want to disable only a specific app, then you can toggle off the switch next to the
      app under Choose which app can run in the background.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Apple Claims Steam Link App Violates App Store Guidelines

Here's what Valve is contending with:
    App Store Review Guidelines - Apple Developer

The ones that stand out that may have caught Steam Link:
    So yeah, there's a lot of reasons why Steam Link would get rejected.

App submissions and approvals is a thing between developer and Apple. Valve intentionally let this information leak probably because Apple's restrictive guidlines will never allow Steam Link to be on the store. Valve is hoping the Steam user base makes a lot of noise so Apple grants Valve and exemption. I doubt it will work. Apple loves control and Steam Link is a portal into the Linux/Windows ecosystem. Even if Steam Link were exclusive to Mac OS, Apple would likely demand Valve use Mac OS's remote desktop features rather than Steam Link.

I'd be shocked if Apple allows it.

FordGT90Concept, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

How can I discover which apps link to unnamed background apps that try to run in the...

Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

How can I discover which apps link to unnamed background apps that try to run in the...

1. How can I discover which apps link to unnamed background apps that try to run in the... - Similar Threads - discover apps link

2. an unnamed app which can not be uninstalled just appeared in my apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    an unnamed app which can not be uninstalled just appeared in my apps: an unnamed app which can not be uninstalled and it seems to take up to 3.91 tb of my storage while my system storage is only 512gb just appeared in my apps in setting is there a way to uninstall it? ps: i have tried some uninstaller programs but it seems that they can't...
  3. an unnamed app which can not be uninstalled just appeared in my apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    an unnamed app which can not be uninstalled just appeared in my apps: an unnamed app which can not be uninstalled and it seems to take up to 3.91 tb of my storage while my system storage is only 512gb just appeared in my apps in setting is there a way to uninstall it? ps: i have tried some uninstaller programs but it seems that they can't...
  4. how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?: these apps are taking too much resources, I don't want them runing in the background, but it seems like you can't disable them through background app setting, how can I do that? i also want them to run when I need them...
  5. how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?

how can I disable app that is not installed from app store run in the background?: these apps are taking too much resources, I don't want them runing in the background, but it seems like you can't disable them through background app setting, how can I do that? i also want them to run when I need them...
  6. What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?: Hello, I was checking task manager when I noticed there is an app called "phone link" that is running in the background. I don't use this app and I don't remember using it, but it runs in the background everytime my computer is on. Does this app running mean that I am using...
  7. What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?

What is this "Phone link" app that is running in the background?: Hello, I was checking task manager when I noticed there is an app called "phone link" that is running in the background. I don't use this app and I don't remember using it, but it runs in the background everytime my computer is on. Does this app running mean that I am using...
  8. An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 565GB unnamed app, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of this app?...
  9. An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled

An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled: When I checked the Apps in Settings, I found a 565GB unnamed app, later when i restarted the laptop the app's name was in Chinese, and when I closed the Settings and came back it was the unnamed app again. Can someone please tell me how I can get rid of this app?...
  10. An unnamed app which can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 unnamed app