Windows 10: How can I divide my Windows 10 into 2 separate parts? Also with separate hard drives

Discus and support How can I divide my Windows 10 into 2 separate parts? Also with separate hard drives in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want to have 1 single account for Windows, but to divide the system into 2. So that when I turn on the computer - there will be two options: Work and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Andrii Mikhov, May 11, 2019.

1. How can I divide my Windows 10 into 2 separate parts? Also with separate hard drives

I want to have 1 single account for Windows, but to divide the system into 2. So that when I turn on the computer - there will be two options: Work and Games. And I would like to use separate disks for them and have different Designs and icon images and different desktops, and to have no access to games when i do work. There is an option in the Windows parameters to create a new user - but this requires to make the a new microsoft account....

It would also be great in addition to have keep one system working and waiting if i would like to switch them for some time.

Thank you in Advance!

:)

Andrii Mikhov, May 11, 2019
  2. jovabe Win User

separate hard drive - Windows 10

I have a separate hard drive with files and photo's will these still be working under windows10?

jovabe, May 11, 2019
  3. How to backup Windows 10 to separate internal hard drive?

I purchased a separate internal hard drive several months ago while still using Windows 7. I had Win7 Backup and Restore set up to automatically backup key files every week using the program's scheduler. When
    I upgraded to Windows 10 today and tried to us the File History program in the Control Panel, it says that no drive was detected. My Windows instance is on one hard drive only for Windows 10 (partitioned to C and D drives). The other hard drive is completely
    separate (labeled as E drive) and currently contains my old Win7 backup files and some other music and video backups.

How do I use this second, separate drive to do my backup? I do not want to purchase yet another external hard drive just to do the backups...that's what this "E" drive is for! Please help.

TomEllerbrock, May 11, 2019
  4. How can I divide my Windows 10 into 2 separate parts? Also with separate hard drives

Moving OS to the separate hard drive

I decided to install Windows 10 PRO on a separate hard drive. However, some
    of the software and apps installed on the other hard drives demand their files to be moved together with OS. Of course, some programs need to be located in the same place with OS. I want to get a notification if any of hard drives intend to edit
    or move the files to the place where the OS is located, or I just want to stop it. Can I do it?

dollyrustine carlos, May 11, 2019
Thema:

How can I divide my Windows 10 into 2 separate parts? Also with separate hard drives

1. How can I divide my Windows 10 into 2 separate parts? Also with separate hard drives - Similar Threads - divide separate parts

2. Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?: I have two drives, one SSD and one HDD both connected to my motherboard. I have windows installed on both them. I use the SSD as the main boot and my main OS. I performed a simple driver update on the Storage Controller from Device Manager and when I restarted I got hit with...
  3. Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?: I have two drives, one SSD and one HDD both connected to my motherboard. I have windows installed on both them. I use the SSD as the main boot and my main OS. I performed a simple driver update on the Storage Controller from Device Manager and when I restarted I got hit with...
  4. Can I reinstall windows 10 on a separate drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives: Good Day. Can someone plz read my dump file for me, to see if they can help me figure why I have been getting constant BSOD on my PC. 4 different Hard Drives 2 of them New. 1 SSD All doing same thing. BSOD prevent me from even formatting the PC. It’s a Huananzhi x99 F8D with...
  6. BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives: Good Day. Can someone plz read my dump file for me, to see if they can help me figure why I have been getting constant BSOD on my PC. 4 different Hard Drives 2 of them New. 1 SSD All doing same thing. BSOD prevent me from even formatting the PC. It’s a Huananzhi x99 F8D with...
  7. Will Windows 11 be a separate OS or a part of Windows 10 updates? If separate can Windows...

Will Windows 11 be a separate OS or a part of Windows 10 updates? If separate can Windows...: Will Windows 11 be a separate OS or a part of Windows 10 updates? If separate can Windows 10 users upgrade to Windows 11 for free? And will there be the N&I Button in Windows 11?My details are: Windows 10Version 19043.1053 Updating my PC to the latest ver....Insider Beta...
  8. Separate Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Separate Hard Drive: My C Drive only has 100Gb free. Will I be able to install Microsoft Flight Sim data on the E drive where I have lots of space? Bryan https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/separate-hard-drive/a74a3df4-ef72-402b-95d5-6813869a431f
  9. OS on separate hard drive.

OS on separate hard drive.: I want to have my Windows 10 PRO on a separate hard drive from everything on my PC. This would make it easy to organize my PC and I would never have to reinstall the OS again. The only problem I have is that some of the software and apps that I've installed on other hard...
  10. 2 copies of Windows on separate drives?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    2 copies of Windows on separate drives?: I have a laptop and would like to install a "clean" copy of Windows for my recording studio application. Thus when I want to run regular PC apps I load the Windows that came with the PC. When I want to record, I load the "clean" copy. I know its possible to install two but...