Windows 10: How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop.

Discus and support How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Vista laptop which I wish to donate to a "Donate a Laptop charity" but I have been asked to do a factory reset on it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by brbrown1, Jan 24, 2022.

1. brbrown1 Win User

How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop.

Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Vista laptop which I wish to donate to a "Donate a Laptop charity" but I have been asked to do a factory reset on it. How can I do that? The Dell site is not helpful and is totally confusing. Other posts I have seen on forums do not mention any settings I have on the laptop. Any help would be appreciated please.

:)

brbrown1, Jan 24, 2022
  2. fleet420 Win User

Dell Inspiron 15 stuck in factory reset loop

I have a Dell Inspiration 15 with win 10. it was bogged and slow as syrup on 125 degree day. I did a factory reset. I followed the instructions went to settings, and just followed the steps. At some point during the reset it asked me about tpm2 settings...I had never seen that before so I followed the recommended choice and went to bed. When I got up it asked me for the usual stuff, location, language, time zone. Then it wanted the name of my WIFI and my password, which I gave. It restarted, then just kept on restarting asking me the first set of questions, language, time zone...over and over, it never asked for internet name or password again, . I can get in to the bios settings by using the f8 key.
    Any suggestions? Hopefully...
    OH I almost forgot, when you do a hard restart, it flashes a tpm2 settings error right before it starts with the dell screen and spinning dots

fleet420, Jan 24, 2022
  3. N7AS Win User
    Restore Windows 8.1 laptop to Factory

I have a DELL XPS 15 (9530) La[top that I am selling. I need to reset it to factory. I went through all the steps until it asked me for a Windows disk.
    This laptop does not have an optical drive. Is there a way around this? The person is coming tomorow 08/01/2020 to pick it up.

4. How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop.

resetting windows Vista to factory settings

Hi ValLengert:

Other Dell Inspiron 1720 users have reported this issue - see gcharles' 2012
    Restoring an Inspiron 1720 (Vista) to Factory Settings
    for one example. Note that
    Moderator DELL-Ravi Ch's has warned in
    Dell Inspiron 1720 Restore to Factory Settings With Original Disks That Came With Laptop ???
    that
    Dell's advanced boot option to "Repair Your Computer" will disappear if you've previously reinstalled your operating system.

Please read the VistaForums FAQ How to Fix Vista SP2 "Checking for Updates..." Hangs and
    Slow Windows Updates
    before attempting any factory reset or clean reinstall of your Vista operating system. As soon as you have manually installed Service Pack 1 (rel. 04-Feb-2008) and Service Pack 2 (rel. 25-May-2009) your Windows Update
    will start hanging on "Checking for updates..." and Windows Update will be unable to install the ~ 220 security updates released between May 2009 and Vista's end of support on 11-Apr-2017 until you follow the instructions on page 1 of m#l's thread

Updates not working, it has been searching for updates for hours

If you reset your computer back to factory condition you will also have to restore all your personal files from a backup, remove all the outdated third-party software installed at the factory that is no longer supported (e.g., old trial versions of antivirus
    software like McAfee, Norton, etc.), locate and install the latest Vista-compatible updates for all your hardware drivers and reinstall all desired third-party software.

If you would like to tell us what problems you are currently encountering on you computer we might be able to provide a solution that doesn't require something as drastic as a factory reset or clean reinstall of your operating system. If you require further
    assistance please start Internet Explorer 9, go to Help | About Internet Explorer, and let us know your current Update Versions (see image below). If you have
    Update Versions 9.0.60 / KB4014661 (Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 9: April 11, 2017) that would suggest that Windows Update was working correctly and able to patch your system to 11-Apr-2017 before Vista reached
    the end of extended support.

How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop. efb8ed72-3d56-46b0-b4ce-15f314311d4a?upload=true.png

-----------

32-bit Vista Home Premium SP2 * Firefox ESR v52.9.0 * Norton Security Deluxe v22.15.2.22

HP Pavilion dv6835ca, Intel Core2Duo T5550 @ 1.83 GHz, 3 GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

Great White North, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop.

1. How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop. - Similar Threads - factory reset Dell

2. How do I factory reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I factory reset my laptop?: So during an update, my computer was shut off. This cause some sort of corruption because if I try to start my laptop up, it shows the hp loading screen, then goes blank, then shows it again and so on repeat. I tried repairing it by pressing f11 and going to troubleshoot, and...
  3. How do I factory reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I factory reset my laptop?: So during an update, my computer was shut off. This cause some sort of corruption because if I try to start my laptop up, it shows the hp loading screen, then goes blank, then shows it again and so on repeat. I tried repairing it by pressing f11 and going to troubleshoot, and...
  4. How do I factory reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Gateway vista factory reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gateway vista factory reset: I got a gateway laptop I factory reset it was working fine but I wanted to clean it up so I did went well but now but now my computer is how do you say connected to the internet I checked the devices the network devices they work fine but when I go into the Internet explorer...
  6. Gateway vista factory reset

Gateway vista factory reset: I got a gateway laptop I factory reset it was working fine but I wanted to clean it up so I did went well but now but now my computer is how do you say connected to the internet I checked the devices the network devices they work fine but when I go into the Internet explorer...
  7. Factory Reset Microsoft Vista

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory Reset Microsoft Vista: I own an old laptop with Microsoft Vista and want to factory reset it and remove all the data so that I can sell it away.I have googled and tried 2 methods:1 Control Panel -> Backup and Recovery -> Advanced OptionsBut I couldn't find the option to do a factory reset like how...
  8. Factory Reset Microsoft Vista

Factory Reset Microsoft Vista: I own an old laptop with Microsoft Vista and want to factory reset it and remove all the data so that I can sell it away.I have googled and tried 2 methods:1 Control Panel -> Backup and Recovery -> Advanced OptionsBut I couldn't find the option to do a factory reset like how...
  9. How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I do factory reset on my Dell Vista laptop.: Hello I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 Vista laptop which I wish to donate to a "Donate a Laptop charity" but I have been asked to do a factory reset on it. How can I do that? The Dell site is not helpful and is totally confusing. Other posts I have seen on forums do not mention...
  10. how do I factory reset my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how do I factory reset my laptop?: I wish to completely erase my laptop back to factory setting https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-factory-reset-my-laptop/0346bc6e-cdb2-44d2-8068-1a7be44ee6f9