Windows 10: how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar?

Discus and support how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; after using chrome/firefox, especially firefox where I can rightclick on a tab and click duplicate, I can't see how window is efficient here lacking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by m18xr2, Dec 14, 2020.

1. m18xr2 Win User

how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar?

after using chrome/firefox, especially firefox where I can rightclick on a tab and click duplicate, I can't see how window is efficient here lacking this feature.

say I have folder A, B, C and D on taskbar (not combined). currently If I wish to have another explorer window on folder A, I'd need to open new windows explorer window, then proceed to the path by clicking on all the window/folders to get there. then repeat this for all other windows.. I wish to somehow duplicate any of the folder I choose and it'll open it in a new explorer window to that same folder path automatically.

how can this be done? either with 3rd party software or w/e works or hotkeys pls help.

ps. creating shortcut to folders isn't an option, because nature of my work I go through close to a hundred different folders every few days and can't create shortcut to all of them.

:)

m18xr2, Dec 14, 2020
  2. MDJ
    MDJ Win User

Windows 10 problem with duplicated icons in taskbar, broken Jump Lists

Hello,

I‘ve been recently having a problem with duplicated items in taskbar and broken Jump Lists. I‘m now using Windows 10 but this problem occurred in Windows 8.1 too but then it somehow fixed itself. Some programs that I pin to taskbar have a tendency to duplicate themselves when clicked on. For now, I‘ve noticed this behaviour only in Skype and Spotify but it‘s still very annoying since duplicate icons take valuable taskbar space and even more—make Jump Lists of those programs broken, meaning that you can still see tasks program developers provided but after you click them nothing happens.

I‘ve tried loads of times pinning, repinning, deleting whole User Pinned folder from %appdata%/Microsoft/Internet Explorer/Quick Launch, clearing Jump List folders manually and automatically with Command Prompt commands as suggested here with no luck. The only thing I did achieve was when I pinned Skype to taskbar in my other user account, then copied the newly created shortcut from Use Pinned folder to my User Pinned folder—this made Skype Jump Lists working but duplicate icon in taskbar remained.

I‘ve recently found a tutorial which may force taskbar to use only one icon per app but I can‘t check this right now as 7+ Taskbar Tweaker isn‘t yet officially available for Windows 10 users.

Thank you for taking your time and reading my message, any suggestions would be appreciated,

P. S. I don‘t know if this is related but I can‘t pin any Control Panel item to Quick Access whilst I can pin folders. Interesting side of this is that pinned Control Panel items appear in File Explorer's Jump List but after clicked I get a message that item is unavailable and that it might have been moved, renamed or removed.

3. Duplicate Public Folders

Hi,

To further identify the cause of this problem, can you provide us the following information?

• What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
    • Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?

Regards.

Engelsen Fad, Dec 14, 2020
  4. how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar?

Duplicate Public Folders

Hope this helps someone identify the problem.

• Q: What happens when you delete the duplicate folders?
    • A: Nothing. They're successfully deleted.

• Q: Does it happen to all of your folders or only those with pictures?
      • A: Only the default Public Folders (Documents, Pictures, Music, Videos).
      • A: All of the Public Folders have customized folder icons.
      • A: The above image shows yellow, empty folder icons (duplicates).

• Q: Any steps you've tried to troubleshoot this issue?
      • Actually, this has been a problem since Windows 7.
      • What I noticed then is that certain Windows programs created the duplicates:
        • Windows Media Player (stopped using)
        • Internet Explorer (stopped using)
        • Plus others, which I can't recall.
      • Only certain programs for Windows 10, as well:
        • Microsoft Edge (don't use it often)
        • Groove Music (never intentionally use it)
        • Plus others, which I haven't tracked.
          • I only notice it when I go to Public Folders.
          • By then, I've long since forgotten what was accessed.
      • I've googled for answers but most of those only address
        moving the Public Folders to another Drive.

PQSC.Programmer, Dec 14, 2020
Thema:

how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar?

1. how can I duplicate opened folders on taskbar? - Similar Threads - duplicate opened folders

2. How can I remove duplicate entries in Windows 11 Taskbar Personalization

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove duplicate entries in Windows 11 Taskbar Personalization: I have a few apps that are listed as duplicates when I navigate to Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Other system tray iconsHere is an example where OneDrive is listed twice. Is there a way to clean this up? I probably have about 10+ duplicate entries in this list...
  3. How can I remove duplicate entries in Windows 11 Taskbar Personalization

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove duplicate entries in Windows 11 Taskbar Personalization: I have a few apps that are listed as duplicates when I navigate to Settings -> Personalization -> Taskbar -> Other system tray iconsHere is an example where OneDrive is listed twice. Is there a way to clean this up? I probably have about 10+ duplicate entries in this list...
  4. how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer

how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer: how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-those-2-duplicate-folders-in-the/747ce00a-f104-456c-9426-3bdafc8fbb7a
  5. how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer: how I can remove those 2 duplicate folders? in the file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-i-can-remove-those-2-duplicate-folders-in-the/747ce00a-f104-456c-9426-3bdafc8fbb7a
  6. Edge creates a duplicate icon on the taskbar when I open it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edge creates a duplicate icon on the taskbar when I open it.: I'm using Chromium Edge. When I pin it it to the taskbar, no matter from where, it doesn't work correctly. When I click Edge on the taskbar it creates another Edge icon which is where the actual window is. So there's two Edge icons on the taskbar when I have Edge open. I...
  7. How can I rename open windows on the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I rename open windows on the taskbar?: [IMG] I want to change the names of the windows shown in the task bar. For example, I could name each chrome window to whatever I want, or the Word window to something simple like "essay". Does anyone know of a way to do this (change the name of any open window)?...
  8. How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Extend Taskbar, not Duplicate?: I would like to know if there is an option in Windows 10 that allows me to extend the taskbar (not duplicate it) on multiple displays, in order to have the Windows button on the far left of my first monitor, the clock on the far right of my last monitor, and one looooong...
  9. How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I identify duplicate folders and file using Windows 10: How can I identify and delete duplicate folders and files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-identify-duplicate-folders-and-file/e2b4eef0-c3d6-4c4f-928b-636b351f81dc"
  10. Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it

Taskbar creating duplicate of iTunes icon when I open it: I have the latest version of iTunes pinned to my taskbar and whenever I open iTunes, it creates a new icon next to it. I have had this problem recently on Windows 7, however I fixed it by pinning the 'open' iTunes icon to the taskbar and unpinning the 'closed' one. I...