Windows 10: How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive?

Discus and support How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, For the last year I have been using OneDrive for my photos. I have a Samsung A7 2018 phone. I get horrendous amounts of duplicate photos directly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Karsty17, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Karsty17 Win User

How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive?

Hi,

For the last year I have been using OneDrive for my photos. I have a Samsung A7 2018 phone. I get horrendous amounts of duplicate photos directly off my camera into OneDrive, almost half of all the camera photos not images mirroring my computer files there are duplicates, it's getting on for 1,000. I have asked here before how to fix this, but no one answered. Does anyone have a solution to this? This is obviously a glitch somewhere along the line. Is it coming from Microsoft, or Samsung? When I enquired directly to Microsoft they said I should renew my Microsoft credentials. But this did not stop it. The only other answer I've found here was to delete each photo individually. Neither of these answers really seem satisfactory. Please, can someone help?

Thank you.

Karsten.

:)

Karsty17, Apr 22, 2020
  2. wrkeen Win User

Duplicate Photos in OneDrive

Is there a recommended method (or app) to remove duplicate photos from OneDrive pictures? I seem to be accumulating many.

Also . . . any precautions or concerns?

wrkeen, Apr 22, 2020
  3. wrkeen Win User
    Duplicate photos in OneDrive

I am confused with OneDrive pictures.

I was using the pictures icon I get from clicking on the "start" icon, opening the folder where there are duplicate photos, searching using "copy". I then get a presentation of all photos with copy in the name, (copy is highlighted in yellow). I then select
    those, right click and click "delete". I expected to see all of the selected photos disappear, but nothing happens.

wrkeen, Apr 22, 2020
  4. wrkeen Win User

Duplicate photos in OneDrive

TechGuy_82

Thanks for your patience. I'm afraid you are dealing with a person quite confused re. OneDrive. I was trying to erase duplicate pictures from the OneDrive pictures folder I get by clicking on Start-OneDrive-pictures. I gather that is cloud storage, but not
    on my computer (correct?) I can delete duplicates there, but not by searching for "copy" and deleting all of the ones I find at one time.

I did open OneDrive.Live.com and also have my pictures (and duplicates) there, but not arranged in folders. I also can delete duplicates there and if I sort for copy, I can delete them all.

I'm still not entirely clear on the difference between OneDrive.com and Start-OneDrive.

Thanks for the help . . . I'll try to find a Windows 10 OneDrive tutorial somewhere.

wrkeen, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

1. How Can I Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS Not Pictures/Images in OneDrive? - Similar Threads - Eliminate Duplicate PHOTOS

2. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  3. How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove duplicate photos in OneDrive: Hi sorry if I am not as educated as others in this forum but my OneDrive both Android and laptop are Nearing their limit and I don't want to have to purchase any more storage. I would like to at least remove duplicate photos because that is the primary storage source that is...
  4. How I can eliminate all traces of onedrive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can eliminate all traces of onedrive.: While setting up Windows 11 Microsoft upoladed confidential files without my consent.I deleted onedrive.I cannot stop windows from creating onedrive folders every time I update software.I cannot prevent Office from showing onedrive as a saveas option.Onedrive is driving me...
  5. How I can eliminate all traces of onedrive.

How I can eliminate all traces of onedrive.: While setting up Windows 11 Microsoft upoladed confidential files without my consent.I deleted onedrive.I cannot stop windows from creating onedrive folders every time I update software.I cannot prevent Office from showing onedrive as a saveas option.Onedrive is driving me...
  6. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  7. In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos"

In OneDrive, image files in "My Files" are duplicated under "Photos": When I put image files e.g. JPGs in a folder OneDrive "My Files" folder, they seem to be automatically copied to "Photos".Is there a way to stop this? I do not use OneDrive to manage my Photos. When I do put image files under "My Files", they are things like scanned docs,...
  8. How do I eliminate duplicate photos from a folder on Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I eliminate duplicate photos from a folder on Windows 10?: How do I eliminate duplicate photos from a folder on Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-eliminate-duplicate-photos-from-a-folder/c0f5cd97-976c-44a5-bfcc-fe440db8dc9b"
  9. Duplicate photos in OneDrive

Duplicate photos in OneDrive: I have numerous photo Copies in OneDrive photos. I located these by searching for "Copy" and they are located. If I highlight and press Delete, they do not delete. Neither do they delete if I right click them and delete. How do I get rid of these duplicates and why do I...
  10. Duplicate Photos in OneDrive

Duplicate Photos in OneDrive: Is there a recommended method (or app) to remove duplicate photos from OneDrive pictures? I seem to be accumulating many. Also . . . any precautions or concerns?...