Windows 10: How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof.

Discus and support How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Like many, I rue the day I upgraded from Win7. The feature – I think its “task bar preview” is however, topof my list – driving me to distraction... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by verulamsteven, Feb 28, 2021.

1. How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof.

Like many, I rue the day I upgraded from Win7.

The feature – I think its “task bar preview” is however, topof my list – driving me to distraction in inefficiency as I identify open filesand navigate between them.

Above the task bar button I see previews- little boxes withthe “images” of the open files alongside each other horizontally above thetaskbar. I have to use the mouse leftand right to switch between open files.

When I have a large number of files open - perhaps 15 ofthem in, say, Word 2019, it changes and stacks the file names vertically above the wordbutton – that is what I had in Win 7, and want again, without having to keep 15or more files open To stress - I want to see just the open file names, stacked up vertically.

To be clear, I have no interest in what is shown within anyof the preview windows when the mouse is hovering over the Word or other programmebutton. I’m only interested in the file names, and getting to them quickly.

I’ve tried various “solutions” – one from here, and others. I’ve unchecked “Enable Peek” boxes andchanged things in: “Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Taskband”not that I’m confident in the Registry .

NONE of these things has eliminated these previews and theirinefficient presence. I’mrunning Win 10 professional on : KB4023057:Updated 24/01/21

Please – is thereactually a solution to this problem?

:)

verulamsteven, Feb 28, 2021

2. Windows 10 - how to eliminate bottom bar on computer?

Hi Benita,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• When you say eliminate bottom bar what do you exactly mean?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?
    If you are referring to task bar follow the steps to hide taskbar.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any other issues with Windows in future.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 28, 2021
  3. search box missing in task bar

guys am new user to windows 10, i just upgraded my pc to 10 today win 8.1. but now i misses search box in task bar. actually i heard there is task bar in win 10 task bar but in my case there's no search box... help me

How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof. 5ed18776-cd44-45c5-869f-63ad21e15e8c.png

RajathManohar, Feb 28, 2021
  4. sp_999 Win User

How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof.

Critical error task bar win 10

When will the critical error for win 10 for task bar be resolved. All suggestions have been tried and this does not work.

Do you have any other suggestions or an ETA?

sp_999, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof.

1. How can I eliminate Task Bar Preview Boxes. on WIn 10 Prof. - Similar Threads - eliminate Task Bar

2. How can I remove the search box from my task bar in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I remove the search box from my task bar in Windows 10?: How can I remove the search box from my task bar in Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-remove-the-search-box-from-my-task-bar/88efc0b7-10b7-49a0-bf4b-83cf3905e055
  3. Reduce or eliminate task bar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reduce or eliminate task bar?: How can I reduce the task bar to increase monitor space to accommodate specific software? thanks ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-or-eliminate-task-bar/d3499fe8-1d0b-4f2f-b0bd-67349d2c2871
  4. Reduce or eliminate task bar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reduce or eliminate task bar?: How can I reduce the task bar to increase monitor space to accommodate specific software? thanks ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reduce-or-eliminate-task-bar/d3499fe8-1d0b-4f2f-b0bd-67349d2c2871
  5. Reduce or eliminate task bar?

6. HOW to ELIMINATE MALWARE ON WIN 10 CALENDAR IN TASK BAR

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW to ELIMINATE MALWARE ON WIN 10 CALENDAR IN TASK BAR: TASK BAR SHOWS MALARE IN TIME & DATE LANGUAGE OF TASk BAR https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-eliminate-malware-on-win-10-calendar-in/bc9ff064-79f3-4236-82f5-9a70681f1c6c
  7. Eliminate day of week on task bar

Eliminate day of week on task bar: I'd like to reduce the task bar height but, Time, Day of Week, and Date take three lines. I'd like to remove Day thereby reducing the height to two lines. This recently occurred. I think it was from a W10 update....
  8. Win 10 task bar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 task bar: So i just recently got mulitiple displays and after changing the location i want the task bar on my second mon to auto hide but not the one on my main mon (i did try doing it this way in the regedit no luck also have to restart the windows explorer service after reboot so it...
  9. Can NOT get rid of task bar preview in Win 10

Can NOT get rid of task bar preview in Win 10: Last month, I reluctantly entered the unpleasant world of Win10. The UI was so bad, I'm running openshell to give it more of a Win 7 feel. However, I CANNOT get rid of the preview on the taskbar. I disabled peek, I even deleted the entry in the registry that was supposed...
  10. Win 10 Task Bar

Win 10 Task Bar: Again microsoft has outdone itself with stupidity. The task bar, when opening programs gets crowded, instead of reducing size of link, it keeps shifting files links till they are no longer displayed and you have to start shutting down multitask items to get the tab to show...