Windows 10: How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev?

Discus and support How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So every time i try to open an app from an website in microsoft edge dev, there's no checkbox asking me if it wants to remember my choice [ATTACH] I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Thomas Younce, Aug 22, 2019.

1. How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev?

So every time i try to open an app from an website in microsoft edge dev, there's no checkbox asking me if it wants to remember my choice

How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev? d5b7a420-06ea-4560-bb7b-28753f5e99da?upload=true.jpg

I recently replaced my hard drive with an ssd, and remember on my old hard drive there was an option at first. How can I enable that checkbox?

:)

Thomas Younce, Aug 22, 2019
  2. LCField Win User

Microsoft Edge - Add a specific website to the remember password list

Cleared the complete Browsing history in Microsoft Edge and checked every possible choices including PASSWORDS. Closed Edge, rebooted the computer and tried again to see if Edge would prompt to remember user name and password for the website i'm having a
    problem with. Edge once again did NOT ask to remember the user name and password. I then tried other sites in my favorites and was prompted to save the info.

Why would the one site I'm wanting Edge to remember not prompting? The site I'm trying to have remember is my NEXIA Home automation website that I frequently access. Up until about a month ago the password and user name were stored. What has changed?

LCField, Aug 22, 2019
  3. Unable to access YouTube websites on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge on Windows 10

Hi,

As you are facing issues with accessing the YouTube on Windows browsers, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code while trying to access the web pages?
    • Does this issue specific only with YouTube?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Try the below workarounds to identify what is causing the issue:

• Try to access YouTube in different browser and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the website/ the Microsoft browsers.
    • Also, try to access different website on Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge.

Try the below troubleshooting steps to access the website and check if it helps.

Method 1: For Internet Explorer

Step 1: I suggest you to run the Internet Explorer Performance troubleshooter.

• Press Windows key, type
      troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click on Internet Explorer Performance
      and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: If the issue is only on Internet Explorer and to specific website, I suggest you to view the website in compatibility view to check if the issue is confined to compatibility.

Steps to view the website in compatibility view:

• Open Internet Explorer
      and open the website.
    • Click on Gear/ Settings icon at the right-top corner of the window.
    • Click on Compatibility View Settings, click on Add
      to add the website and click on Close.
    • Reopen the website and check if the issue persists.

Step 3: If the issue still persists, I suggest you to access the website in
    InPrivate mode and check.

InPrivate Browsing enables you to surf the web without leaving a trail in Internet Explorer. This helps prevent anyone else who might be using your computer from seeing what sites you visited and what you looked at on the web. You can start InPrivate
    Browsing from the New Tab page or the Safety button.

Steps to open the browser in InPrivate mode:

Open Internet Explorer, press Shift+Ctrl+P
    to open the browser in InPrivate mode and try to access the website.

Method 2: For Microsoft Edge:

I suggest you to check if the Adobe Flash player is enabled on Microsoft Edge.

• Open Microsoft Edge, click on More actions
      (...) in the right-top corner of Microsoft Edge window.
    • Click on Settings, scroll down and click on
      Advanced settings
    • Enable Use Adobe Flash Player
    • Check if the issue persists with accessing the YouTube websites.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status to access YouTube website on Microsoft browsers for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Aug 22, 2019
  4. Victek Win User

How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev?

Problem with Outlook 2016 not remembering default PDF app choice

Thanks for the suggestion. I wonder though if the issue actually has anything to do with the Adobe Reader? When I first observed the problem Edge was showing as the default PDF reader in Outlook's drop down list. It was possible to select Adobe Reader from the list, but even though we put a check in the box for Outlook to remember the choice it didn't. After setting the Adobe Reader as the default in Control Panel/Default Programs/ the icon on PDF files changed to the Adobe Reader icon and it replaced Edge as the first app in Outlook's drop down list, however Outlook continues to ask and doesn't save the choice.

One thing I wanted to try was repairing Microsoft Office, but strangely there is no entry in Programs and Features. I wonder if there's a way to run the repair from the command line?

Victek, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev?

1. How can I enable a checkbox to remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev? - Similar Threads - enable checkbox remember

2. How can I enable desktop push notifications in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How can I enable desktop push notifications in Microsoft Edge: How can I enable desktop push notifications in Microsoft Edge like there are in Google Chrome. I tried going to notifications app settings, but it didn't work, there were no notifications. submitted by /u/Accomplished_Staff31 [link] [comments]...
  3. Can uninstall Microsoft Edge Dev.??

in Browsers and Email
    Can uninstall Microsoft Edge Dev.??: I am wondering if it is safe to uninstall one of two browsers that I have on my desktop. I have been thinking about to uninstall the program of Microsoft Edge Dev and use Microsoft Edge that have Chromium in it. Or just leave both alone and don't touch at all. I just want to...
  4. How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How about remember position/size checkbox for windows?: Like notepad for instance, it always shows up where I last used it. Handy yes, but not always, let us be able to check or uncheck the suggested option. In Captain Picards voice: Very well, make it so. submitted by /u/Daemonshmike [link] [comments]...
  5. How can I make my bookmarks appear on a blank tab in Edge Dev?

in Browsers and Email
    How can I make my bookmarks appear on a blank tab in Edge Dev?: Hello! I would like to have my bookmarks displaying on every blank tab that I open in Edge Dev. Currently it is my frequently visited sites. Is this possible? Thank you! [img] 141986
  6. Edge Dev

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Edge Dev: Hi, I thought of switching from Edge Dev to default Edge Browser but I'm having difficulty in transferring the data. My data including-favourites, passwords, history, etc., weren't being synced in Edge dev. And I don't know how I can transfer it to the Edge browser. Please...
  7. Enable the option to make Windows 10 remember choice for opening applications

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Enable the option to make Windows 10 remember choice for opening applications: So every time i try to open an app from an website in microsoft edge dev, there's no checkbox asking me if it wants to remember my choice [ATTACH] I recently replaced my hard drive with an ssd, and remember on my old hard drive there was an option at first. How can I enable...
  8. How can I make Edge remember website cookies?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I make Edge remember website cookies?: Every time I revisit websites on Edge, it forgets all stored cookie information meaning I have to re-enter passwords and so forth. From what I read, the default Edge option is to store and remember cookies, but this is not happening. Is this an Edge bug or is there a way to...
  9. 'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.

in Windows 10 Customization
    'Open With' doesn't remember my choice.: What I do: 1. Make a new file, call it test.srt 2. Double click it, now a dialog opens: "How do you want to open this file?" 3. Select Notepad, be sure that "Always use this app to open .srt files" is selected4. Click OK. 5. The file should correctly open with Notepad....
  10. Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Microsoft Edge Dev: On behalf of the Microsoft Edge team, I’m thrilled to welcome you to the brand new Microsoft Edge Dev Blog, now part of the Windows Blogs family! Like the IEBlog before it, this is where the Microsoft Edge team will share with you the latest on our activities, including the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Remember my preferences check box not available on Zoom window in outlook

2. remember my choice for this website in microsoft edge dev