Windows 10: How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?

Discus and support How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi There, it's been a long time since i asked for help around here. Well i'm here again anyway, straight to the topic. I'm actually looking for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PRince4, Jan 11, 2018.

1. PRince4 Win User

How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer?

Hi There, it's been a long time since i asked for help around here.

Well i'm here again anyway, straight to the topic.

I'm actually looking for a way to make the Windows Explorer Scroll like a Web-Browser like Chrome..

Didn't get what i mean?

Here :

I just wan't this feature to be acquirable by the Windows Explorer.

[youtube]UmebUerniks[/youtube]

(Simply i just want to add that kind of scrolling feel into Windows Explorer elements.)

:)

PRince4, Jan 11, 2018
  2. mpwc741 Win User

How to enable smooth scrolling like Firefox has in Edge

I've been looking for a setting that will enable very smooth scrolling in Edge, such as there is in Firefox. Can anyone tell me where to enable this in Edge?

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

mpwc741, Jan 11, 2018
  3. How to enable smooth scrolling like Firefox has in Edge

Hello,

If you want to enable smooth scrolling in Edge, kindly check out these methods and see which helps best:

Method 1: Right click on the Windows start button to start in the context Menu

• Type System in search box
    • Go to Advanced System Settings
    • Click Advanced Performance the go to Settings
    • Uncheck "smooth-scroll list boxes" then click Apply and
      OK

Method 2:

• Open Control Panel and look for Mouse.
    • Look for the Wheels tab.
    • Increase or decrease the Vertical and Horizontal Scrolling according to your preference.
    • Click Apply to test it and click OK to finalize your changes.

Here you can change the figure from 3, to 2 or even 1 it depends on you. This will make any page or document to scroll 1 line at a time. If you change this setting, it would be changed system-wide, ie. for your documents as well as browsers.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Jan 11, 2018
  4. spunk Win User

spunk, Jan 11, 2018
  5. dalchina New Member
    Hi, you seem to be asking about scrolling in file explorer... if so, what exactly is it you're not seeing?

Can you post a screenshot of file explorer to illustrate where you're not seeing this?

My views in explorer scroll ok. (In my case horizontally and vertically where relevant), both with a basic Logitec mouse and more or less with my touchpad).

How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer? [​IMG]

dalchina, Jan 11, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    To my knowledge, there is no way to implement that within Explorer.

Some mouse software's have that option, but, it's hit or miss; never worked for me and I have a pretty sophisticated mouse.

They say, use 'Details' or 'List' view and trim your mouse wheel increments down to 2 or maybe even 1;
    ...doesn't implement smooth scrolling but gives the motion appearance that it does.

Edwin, Jan 11, 2018
  7. PRince4 Win User
    PRince4, Jan 12, 2018
  8. PRince4 Win User

No, i mean how can we implement that smooth scrolling feature of Chrome TO Windows Explorer?

PRince4, Jan 12, 2018
  9. PRince4 Win User
    Yes, you got what i meant, but there must be some way to do that. Some Way that we need to find or is there any Third Party Program that can help us achieve that?

PRince4, Jan 12, 2018
  10. Edwin New Member
    Find out if your Mouse Software supports anything like that.

Mine does but, like I said, it may only make a difference in List or Details view. If you have Icons view enabled, Windows is constantly generating thumbnail previews so, it's always going to be choppy.

*Wink

But, there's still nothing I can do about the choppiness!

How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer? [​IMG]

Edwin, Jan 12, 2018
  11. PRince4 Win User
    Yeah, mine does have that feature but i don't suppose that ought to be it.

I guess there must be some way to do it, like by using some sort of third-party application or even a modified "explorer.exe".

Well, BTW How'd you change that background of the explorer in those preview you've posted. *Smile

They look quite the thing i was searching when i was using XP back in a day. *Biggrin

PRince4, Jan 13, 2018
  12. Edwin New Member
    Naw, probably not.

If I come across anything I'll certainly post it!

My Explorer background is translucent.

Edwin, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. How can i enable Chrome like Smooth scrolling in Windows Explorer? - Similar Threads - enable Chrome Smooth

2. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  3. smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    smooth scrolling: While searching for a way to disable smooth scrolling I found that many others had same question with many answers that did nothing to help. For me, at least, the answer came when I realized that the exaggerated, smooth scrolling, started when I bought a new Logitech mouse. I...
  4. How do i disable smooth scrolling?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do i disable smooth scrolling?: I formatted my computer and im unable to disable smooth scrolling for non MS stuff, meaning start menu and explorer works fine, but everything else like chrome, steam, discord, etc, still has smooth scrolling. And no, setting the chrome flag is not a fix. submitted by...
  5. Trying to figure out how to enable smooth scrolling in local folders.

Trying to figure out how to enable smooth scrolling in local folders.: I mean, when I'm viewing local pictures in a folder I can't figure out how to scroll through the images smoothly. If I use the mouse wheel, one wheel click lurches up or down about 2/3 of a screen, which is very disorienting. If I use the up arrow or down arrow on the scroll...
  6. Disable smooth scrolling

Disable smooth scrolling: How can I disable smooth scrolling, but leave other animations intact? For me, nonsmooth scrolling is an accessibility requirement. Just like a person with low vision might need high contrast or a screen reader, in a similar way, I need nonsmooth scrolling. I know that...
  7. Smooth scroll not working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Smooth scroll not working?: I recently updated several drivers, one of them was for my mouse and keyboard also Microsoft products, and when that happened I noticed that when I scrolled down on a website using the wheel, it would skip several pages so I used the scroll bar to read the whole thing. I was...
  8. Mouse smooth scrolling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse smooth scrolling: Some screen asked me if I want smooth scrolling and I said yes and I hate it. I can't find that window back. I don't want smooth scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-smooth-scrolling/675577ca-3a8b-4939-b1ad-7ab54c86aaec
  9. Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft brings smooth scrolling to Chrome Canary on Windows 10: Microsoft has already confirmed that it will base its new Edge browser on Chromium, the open-source project that also powers Google Chrome. After this announcement, Microsoft started contributing to Chromium which means the company’s efforts will make Chrome better, too. A...
  10. Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Smooth Scrolling in Google Chrome in Windows In Google Chrome, you can enable or disable a flag for an experimental feature to animate smoothly when scrolling page content in Google...